Notices

Well, 3 days down

Old 03-21-2010, 01:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Well, 3 days down

My choice drink was beer. Before 3 days ago it was at least 12 a day.
Then when husband got on me about 2 wks ago, I switched to vodka.

My husband had an ongoing affair that I found out about right before Christmas of 2009. He cheated because I had become powerless over the alcohol and would rather drink than do things with him and his kids. My sex drive was also in the crapper. He had lost his job in February last year and I lost mine in July. He has a new job and is living about 2 1/2 hours away with his parents.

I lied right to his face when he confronted me about the vodka. Right to his face. If I could take that back right now I would.

I told him I didn't want to see him this past weekend because I felt he wasn't supporting me so I told him I couldn't be around him. I had a terrible day today (had a bad craving that I fought-Yea me!!). But he not sure he wants to stay married to me because I have lied to him about drinking. Just want to talk to people who know what I am going thru.
Old 03-21-2010, 01:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to SR! Glad you found us and joined the family. We understand cause we're also having problems in our lives due to substances. It helps to come here and post when having problems, instead of giving in to the desire to use.

Read a lot and ask questions. We're here to help you.
Old 03-21-2010, 01:51 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

The craving isn't there right now, but, I am on the verge and thinking about seeing if there is a meeting I can go to tonite.
Old 03-21-2010, 02:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

i don't have the link handy but just google 'aa meetings ohio' and you'll find one if there's one to be found. I'm in Ohio too, NE Ohio, another buckeye.

And if you can't find a meeting, come here and post. It helps.
Old 03-21-2010, 02:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi littlekitty

Welcome to SR - you'll find a lot of support here

As hard as it is, I found one day at a time really works - the best way is just focus on the not drinking for now - once you get some sobriety under your belt, you can look at what else you need to fix or make amends for.

Congratulations on your 3 days - it's a great start!
D
Old 03-21-2010, 03:02 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Its so hard because I am really missing my husband today.
Old 03-21-2010, 03:17 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Old 03-21-2010, 03:26 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I've lied to my husband too..he just doesn't know it. I guess it wasn't a right out lie. He never asked, but I would drink bottles of wine and because I was ashamed of it I would wrap them in plastic bags and bring them to the trash. When he got home from work and I would be cooking supper he thought the drink in front of me was my first...9 times out of 10 it wasn't. I haven't even really had a conversation with him on why I'm giving up alcohol. I tried before but he doesn't think I have a problem and I didn't have the heart to break his and tell him the truth.

Welcome. I have 6 days after today. Today I'm finding really hard. This was my day to drink. Aniexty about going to work the next day, starting all over.

You had some good advice about just takin gone day at a time. But your troubles on a shelf for now until you get on more stable ground and then you can handle the stuff with your husband, but if seeing him is going to trigger hurt feelings and trigger you to drink then you maybe you should stay away.
Old 03-21-2010, 03:31 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by littlekitty View Post
The craving isn't there right now, but, I am on the verge and thinking about seeing if there is a meeting I can go to tonite.
littlekitty,
i think this is an excellent idea.
you will be with supportive people, and i get the feeling that is exactly what you need right now.
Old 03-21-2010, 03:31 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by littlekitty View Post
Its so hard because I am really missing my husband today.
Hi. Whether or not you attend a meeting this evening....I wondered if you have a good friend that you can spend the rest of the night with so you do not feel so lonely?
Old 03-21-2010, 03:34 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

To clarify, I was not saying do not go to a meeting. Just thought that a friend's company for the rest of the evening might be good.
Old 03-21-2010, 04:43 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hang in there- you're ahead of me, this is day two, and I am making this one stick. I hope you are doing ok.
Much Love and Peace
Dub
Old 03-21-2010, 05:16 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Doing better now. Thank you all so much for your posts. They do help!