Notices

Day 90

Old 02-20-2010, 08:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
bbr

Day 90

Now at day 90! It does get better with time. I mean the craving is less and less frequent and even just thinking about it is less frequent. At the beginning I was thinking about (not) drinking almost constantly. Now it’s only occasionally.

I made it 3 months once before, but I didn’t have a plan. This time I’ve been coming to SR everyday and reading and it helps. I see so many similar stories to mine and it helps keep me focused. It’s been said on SR to concentrate on the similarities that others are sharing, not the differences, and I think that’s what really makes the difference.

It's a beautiful Saturday moring here and I glad I am being able to enjoy it free of a hangover.

Anyway, here’s to all of you… (“clink” with my coffee mug)
Old 02-20-2010, 08:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
We Do Recover

Awesome! Congrats! We do recover!
Old 02-20-2010, 09:09 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Tough Day for Me

I have not had one since over a week ago. Today, Saturday is the hardest day for me. Saturday is the day I would either work in the yard or play golf, then enjoy a wonderful after noon of drinks. Can't tell you how much I enjoyed that.

Well today is just beautiful, nicest day in months. At the devil is just waiting to jump on my shoulder this afternoon and have his cunning conversations with me. He is so poweful. He is just sharpening his knives right now ready to go to work on me.

But - I am going to look him dead in the face and say c'mon M-F-er, bring it on because I am going to F-you up today.

Sorry for the language.
Old 02-20-2010, 09:35 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey BBR - congratulations on 3 months!! You go! Your post is very sensible and you can just read the growth that you've accomplished in 3 months. I agree with you on relating to the similarities versus the differences here because its all just stages in my opinion. If you aren't at the point of someone then you may be some day if you live long enough.

Old 02-20-2010, 10:36 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Awakening...

Congrats bbr! On the the next milesstone.
Old 02-20-2010, 10:58 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Bozo123, I'm sorry you're having a rough day. I had many of those in the beginning, but I promise all that anxiety will ease up. Be kind to yourself & don't get frustrated - you'll go through many phases as your mind & body heal.

Bbr, Thanks for the uplifting post. I agree with everything you said. I always worry that people in early recovery won't give it enough time - it's easy to be discouraged, in the beginning months especially.

I was happy when I stopped obsessing over not drinking. I did that for months, and finally one day I realized I hardly thought about it. I stopped wondering how I was going to get by without alcohol & started to actually enjoy experiencing life without being numb. Now I can't believe I spent so many years in a sort of coma, mostly unaware. That's all over now, though - onward we go.
Old 02-20-2010, 11:38 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Don't resist, allow

Well done

Old 02-20-2010, 11:48 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on reaching ninety days!
Old 02-20-2010, 11:55 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

BBR, that's great!
Old 02-20-2010, 01:39 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations bbr

D
Old 02-20-2010, 02:31 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Resident

Congratulations BBR.
I use SR for my support also. Glad to hear it works for you too.
Old 02-20-2010, 03:10 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Congratulations ((BBR)))!!

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 02-20-2010, 03:44 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Nice one on 90!!

Peace
Old 02-20-2010, 03:47 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Thanks for the inspiration. It's been okay for me and I was wondering why I thought it would be so difficult, but then I had something bad happen at work and I wanted to drink so badly. So I won't drink and will keep believing the cravings will go away.
Old 02-20-2010, 05:20 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Old 02-20-2010, 05:26 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
bbr

Thank you everyone for all the support. It really helps to hear your words of encouragement! Take care and see you all on day 91
Old 02-20-2010, 05:32 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bbr View Post
Now at day 90! It does get better with time. I mean the craving is less and less frequent and even just thinking about it is less frequent. At the beginning I was thinking about (not) drinking almost constantly. Now it’s only occasionally.

I made it 3 months once before, but I didn’t have a plan. This time I’ve been coming to SR everyday and reading and it helps. I see so many similar stories to mine and it helps keep me focused. It’s been said on SR to concentrate on the similarities that others are sharing, not the differences, and I think that’s what really makes the difference.

It's a beautiful Saturday moring here and I glad I am being able to enjoy it free of a hangover.

Anyway, here’s to all of you… (“clink” with my coffee mug)
Awesome