SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Day 90 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/195187-day-90-a.html)

bbr 02-20-2010 08:35 AM

Day 90

Now at day 90! It does get better with time. I mean the craving is less and less frequent and even just thinking about it is less frequent. At the beginning I was thinking about (not) drinking almost constantly. Now it’s only occasionally.

I made it 3 months once before, but I didn’t have a plan. This time I’ve been coming to SR everyday and reading and it helps. I see so many similar stories to mine and it helps keep me focused. It’s been said on SR to concentrate on the similarities that others are sharing, not the differences, and I think that’s what really makes the difference.

It's a beautiful Saturday moring here and I glad I am being able to enjoy it free of a hangover.

Anyway, here’s to all of you… (“clink” with my coffee mug)

ANGELINA243 02-20-2010 08:37 AM

Awesome! Congrats! :c011: We do recover!

bozo123 02-20-2010 09:09 AM

Tough Day for Me

I have not had one since over a week ago. Today, Saturday is the hardest day for me. Saturday is the day I would either work in the yard or play golf, then enjoy a wonderful after noon of drinks. Can't tell you how much I enjoyed that.

Well today is just beautiful, nicest day in months. At the devil is just waiting to jump on my shoulder this afternoon and have his cunning conversations with me. He is so poweful. He is just sharpening his knives right now ready to go to work on me.

But - I am going to look him dead in the face and say c'mon M-F-er, bring it on because I am going to F-you up today.

Sorry for the language.

Horselover 02-20-2010 09:35 AM

Hey BBR - congratulations on 3 months!! You go! Your post is very sensible and you can just read the growth that you've accomplished in 3 months. I agree with you on relating to the similarities versus the differences here because its all just stages in my opinion. If you aren't at the point of someone then you may be some day if you live long enough.

:You_Rock_

WakeUp 02-20-2010 10:36 AM

Congrats bbr! On the the next milesstone.

Hevyn 02-20-2010 10:58 AM

Bozo123, I'm sorry you're having a rough day. I had many of those in the beginning, but I promise all that anxiety will ease up. Be kind to yourself & don't get frustrated - you'll go through many phases as your mind & body heal.

Bbr, Thanks for the uplifting post. I agree with everything you said. I always worry that people in early recovery won't give it enough time - it's easy to be discouraged, in the beginning months especially.

I was happy when I stopped obsessing over not drinking. I did that for months, and finally one day I realized I hardly thought about it. I stopped wondering how I was going to get by without alcohol & started to actually enjoy experiencing life without being numb. Now I can't believe I spent so many years in a sort of coma, mostly unaware. That's all over now, though - onward we go.

intention 02-20-2010 11:38 AM

Well done

:c011:

least 02-20-2010 11:48 AM

Congrats on reaching ninety days! :c029:

Toronto68 02-20-2010 11:55 AM

BBR, that's great!

Dee74 02-20-2010 01:39 PM

congratulations bbr :)

D

Fubarcdn 02-20-2010 02:31 PM

Congratulations BBR. :You_Rock_
I use SR for my support also. Glad to hear it works for you too.

Impurrfect 02-20-2010 03:10 PM

Congratulations ((BBR)))!!

Hugs and prayers!

Amy

NEOMARXIST 02-20-2010 03:44 PM

Nice one on 90!!

Peace

Snowdrops 02-20-2010 03:47 PM

Thanks for the inspiration. It's been okay for me and I was wondering why I thought it would be so difficult, but then I had something bad happen at work and I wanted to drink so badly. So I won't drink and will keep believing the cravings will go away.

CarolD 02-20-2010 05:20 PM

:funjump:

bbr 02-20-2010 05:26 PM

Thank you everyone for all the support. It really helps to hear your words of encouragement! Take care and see you all on day 91 :)

Spawn 02-20-2010 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by bbr (Post 2521871)
Now at day 90! It does get better with time. I mean the craving is less and less frequent and even just thinking about it is less frequent. At the beginning I was thinking about (not) drinking almost constantly. Now it’s only occasionally.

I made it 3 months once before, but I didn’t have a plan. This time I’ve been coming to SR everyday and reading and it helps. I see so many similar stories to mine and it helps keep me focused. It’s been said on SR to concentrate on the similarities that others are sharing, not the differences, and I think that’s what really makes the difference.

It's a beautiful Saturday moring here and I glad I am being able to enjoy it free of a hangover.

Anyway, here’s to all of you… (“clink” with my coffee mug)

Awesome :c009: