Notices

Perhaps This Will Help You If You Are Hurting...

Old 01-14-2010, 03:35 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
20/12/09

Originally Posted by RobAllen View Post

Give me your real opinions of the RAL wall. THANKS for the half hour it took to read this!! Rob
Just keep this in mind when you respond Rob - you wanted real opinions and if people cant speak their mind then its not real.

Good and bad opinions means you have room to grow and learn - and if other older sober members have opinions that may be different to yours, then maybe you can take that on board to make your ideas even better.

Sounds like a good plan, why dont you lay out the second half??
Old 01-14-2010, 03:40 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Om, Aum, Ohm...

Rob,

How long have you been clean?

Peace & Love,
Sugah
Old 01-14-2010, 03:55 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

Rob,

Anything that helps you to stay sober is a good thing.

But, when you put an idea out here for people to comment on, don't be surprised if you get a variety of opnions.
Old 01-14-2010, 04:07 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Eating protein and life.

Well RAL, to be frank I think you sound a bit like Gary Busey. Don't get me wrong I like Gary...there's a fine line between genius and insanity and to have both feet in one spot is usually miraculous. I think Gary has a foot in both, but both feet in one spot are needed to make a difference.

As was mentioned, this sounds like "anchoring" from NLP.

Not to be rude, but I mix humor with my thoughts, it's just my thing. If I were to wish that my next bowel movement would bring world peace I would. I've tried it too, but it hasn't come. I even tried Fiber Choice tablets to speed up the peace, still no result.

What am I doing wrong?
Old 01-14-2010, 04:31 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
mergirl

I have this book, in my pile of recovery books, ummmmm. . .oo,found it

Something More: Excavating Your Authentic Self
by Sarah Ban Breathnac. I think thats the one that was going to have me clip photos and make stuff. I have several that as soon as I had to get out of bed and get a pencil or some glue I put in the book mark and never picked up again, sigh

Ive been stuck on step 4 since the day I started in AA. . .like months ago. . .

Im hoping to finish THAT little project this weekend

Anyway, I love collages, and I would gladly show them off or hang them. Now to find the time to shop for old magazines, glue and scissors. . . .
Old 01-14-2010, 06:37 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Untoxicated View Post
Well RAL, to be frank I think you sound a bit like Gary Busey. Don't get me wrong I like Gary...there's a fine line between genius and insanity and to have both feet in one spot is usually miraculous. I think Gary has a foot in both, but both feet in one spot are needed to make a difference.

As was mentioned, this sounds like "anchoring" from NLP.

Not to be rude, but I mix humor with my thoughts, it's just my thing. If I were to wish that my next bowel movement would bring world peace I would. I've tried it too, but it hasn't come. I even tried Fiber Choice tablets to speed up the peace, still no result.

What am I doing wrong?

Why thank you NLP! I suppose I enjoy the insane aspect more at times! I will say, it came as a shock the replies I got but I have to say I have enjoyed them all. Thank you all. Each one teaches new things. If not about life about people in recovery.
Old 01-14-2010, 07:15 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I honestly must concede. You all have certainly humbled me and tought me a valuable lesson. One far better then I could hope for from the few clouded out, 90 out of 100 court forced members NA / AA meetings I have seen. I clearly missed the point. This is without debate. My hat is off to all of you. The joke is on me, the new member who was trying to simply help. Imagine trying to pull rank like that here? Forgive me.

After careful thought and serious consideration I have to agree with most of you. The thought of seeing what you want your life to become is "Psycho" as another member called it per se. Clipping out newspapers (even though that is nothing what I meant) DOES indeed have a basis for jokes on new members. In the beginning, I simply hoped to share a new way to help others recover. Again, RAL acts before he thinks! RAL, boy ANOTHER moronic thing (you guys are easily amused) RAL!!

Improving upon AA success rate and the 12 steps combined average recovery rate of 3% to 6% seemed a tough job as IS although my intentions were entirely positive and to simply help. I DID ask for true opinions and I certainly got them. I should have realized that actually seeing what you want so your mind realizes it CAN become a reality as people do in many other forms of growth and training was miniscule compared to the success AA and the 12 steps have had. And a basis for attacks and jokes. I am also very sure most of you who poked pun at this insane idea CLEARLY KNOW it would NEVER work. Especially with the ability to call a "sponsor" and tell them you are about to break. The power this must have. I cannot wait to see it in action in MY LIFE!

Again, I am so embarassed! You cant get much higher then 6% and I was silly for trying to suggest anything better then a weekly meeting with people who KNOW sobriety and WANT to help others! (Clearly they work to create happy, sober and constructive people) The proof is in the pudding right here! Its clear there is no room for impovement with success rates like this and positive people like most of yourselves!

To all of you who thought this idea was a joke please accept my deepest apolagies and I do agree it IS funny in retrospect.

Cant type much more, Im looking into the next NA meeting. Someday, I hope to be JUST like those of you who realized how bad my visualzation "scam" was. I must say, with personalities like this, I think I might just stay on drugs. The message you send with replies like these are clear...

"SOBRIETY IS MISERABLE AND SO ARE WE SAY ANYTHING WE THINK DOES NOT AGREE WITH US AND WE WILL TRY TO BELITTLE AND MAKE YOU A CENTER FOR JOKES"

What comes out is what is inside. All that is coming out of most of you is sarcasm, insults and demeaning comments. Its OK, I feel for you. I can imagine how things must be and having to attack a new poster with a simple idea to help others speaks volumes about YOU.

Dont bother replying to try and prove me wrong again...lol...Im not returning. To those few of you who seem normal upstairs still I hope you dont voice any new ideas to help new members who stumble here looking for a friendly place to learn or they might attack you for not following in their successful footsteps to one miserable smoke filled meeting after the next until you ask...WHATS THE POINT!?

Just agree with guys like Kieth. In fact...ALL posts should simply read...

"FIND A GROUP LIKE NA OR AA IF YOU DONT THINK IT WORKS, HOW DO YOU EXPLAIN ME? WHAT GIVES YOU THE RIGHT TO SAY ANYTHING....."

In all honesty, you guys are a GREAT support group. Top notch! Keep up the great work. Its clear boards like this are a major reason for those fantastic success statistics of 3% to 6%. NOW THERE IS HOPE! Join this Board AND get on the 12 steps???

Man, you can almost guarantee a drug and alcohol free life!!!***

***Just the same as the same miserable members care for your recovery

Take care guys and all the best!

RAL

..Oh Shux! There I go again with being stupid! RAL! What a buffoon!!!!

Next thing you know a member will put THEIR initials to poke fun. I set myself up again!

LOL!
Old 01-14-2010, 07:50 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
mergirl

Wow. . . I must have misread this entire thread because I didn't realize it was you pioneering an idea and then us making fun. . .

I love mosaics. I really do have a book were the dude (or maybe chick) suggests cutting magazines and making mosaics for visualizing different parts of our recovery.

He/She even suggested getting European mags as they have a different advertising style,

anyways, I reckon I missed the point here, but I admit to speed reading/skipping through the OP.

I really need to work on that.

Stick around man, if your looking to get sober there are cool people to hang out with along the journey here.
Old 01-14-2010, 08:13 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Administrator

The OP feels he's been misrepresented here, so I'm closing this thread.

D