Old 01-14-2010, 07:15 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
RobAllen

I honestly must concede. You all have certainly humbled me and tought me a valuable lesson. One far better then I could hope for from the few clouded out, 90 out of 100 court forced members NA / AA meetings I have seen. I clearly missed the point. This is without debate. My hat is off to all of you. The joke is on me, the new member who was trying to simply help. Imagine trying to pull rank like that here? Forgive me.

After careful thought and serious consideration I have to agree with most of you. The thought of seeing what you want your life to become is "Psycho" as another member called it per se. Clipping out newspapers (even though that is nothing what I meant) DOES indeed have a basis for jokes on new members. In the beginning, I simply hoped to share a new way to help others recover. Again, RAL acts before he thinks! RAL, boy ANOTHER moronic thing (you guys are easily amused) RAL!!

Improving upon AA success rate and the 12 steps combined average recovery rate of 3% to 6% seemed a tough job as IS although my intentions were entirely positive and to simply help. I DID ask for true opinions and I certainly got them. I should have realized that actually seeing what you want so your mind realizes it CAN become a reality as people do in many other forms of growth and training was miniscule compared to the success AA and the 12 steps have had. And a basis for attacks and jokes. I am also very sure most of you who poked pun at this insane idea CLEARLY KNOW it would NEVER work. Especially with the ability to call a "sponsor" and tell them you are about to break. The power this must have. I cannot wait to see it in action in MY LIFE!

Again, I am so embarassed! You cant get much higher then 6% and I was silly for trying to suggest anything better then a weekly meeting with people who KNOW sobriety and WANT to help others! (Clearly they work to create happy, sober and constructive people) The proof is in the pudding right here! Its clear there is no room for impovement with success rates like this and positive people like most of yourselves!

To all of you who thought this idea was a joke please accept my deepest apolagies and I do agree it IS funny in retrospect.

Cant type much more, Im looking into the next NA meeting. Someday, I hope to be JUST like those of you who realized how bad my visualzation "scam" was. I must say, with personalities like this, I think I might just stay on drugs. The message you send with replies like these are clear...

"SOBRIETY IS MISERABLE AND SO ARE WE SAY ANYTHING WE THINK DOES NOT AGREE WITH US AND WE WILL TRY TO BELITTLE AND MAKE YOU A CENTER FOR JOKES"

What comes out is what is inside. All that is coming out of most of you is sarcasm, insults and demeaning comments. Its OK, I feel for you. I can imagine how things must be and having to attack a new poster with a simple idea to help others speaks volumes about YOU.

Dont bother replying to try and prove me wrong again...lol...Im not returning. To those few of you who seem normal upstairs still I hope you dont voice any new ideas to help new members who stumble here looking for a friendly place to learn or they might attack you for not following in their successful footsteps to one miserable smoke filled meeting after the next until you ask...WHATS THE POINT!?

Just agree with guys like Kieth. In fact...ALL posts should simply read...

"FIND A GROUP LIKE NA OR AA IF YOU DONT THINK IT WORKS, HOW DO YOU EXPLAIN ME? WHAT GIVES YOU THE RIGHT TO SAY ANYTHING....."

In all honesty, you guys are a GREAT support group. Top notch! Keep up the great work. Its clear boards like this are a major reason for those fantastic success statistics of 3% to 6%. NOW THERE IS HOPE! Join this Board AND get on the 12 steps???

Man, you can almost guarantee a drug and alcohol free life!!!***

***Just the same as the same miserable members care for your recovery

Take care guys and all the best!

RAL

..Oh Shux! There I go again with being stupid! RAL! What a buffoon!!!!

Next thing you know a member will put THEIR initials to poke fun. I set myself up again!

LOL!