Notices

Signatures

Old 01-05-2010, 06:16 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Blu**ed Lines...A ClockWork SR

Sigs are so much fun. Reading them always gives me a smile and makes me feel something. Love changing themto reflect changes in mood, pop culture, insight etc. Fun and informative.
Old 01-05-2010, 06:49 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Awakening...

Mine is from Zen master Thich Nhat Hahn's book, Peace is Every Step. It also reminds us of 24 hours of one day at a time.
Old 01-05-2010, 08:31 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
On my path.

Wow - this has been fun!

I have learned so much and laughed so much while reading your posts. Thank you for responding.

Just one warning - Zencat - the photo of the lovely Lolita may cause me to drink again if that's all it takes to look SOOO GOOOOODDD! MMMMMMMM

Old 01-05-2010, 08:53 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Not all better, getting better

Originally Posted by 55438 View Post
Hi everyone,

I am a relative newbie around here and have found I love reading peoples' signatures. I often wonder why you chose them and what they mean to you.

Two of my favorites are "Heck where people go who don't believe in Gosh"

and "out of the ashes will rise the pheonix".

Why did you chose your signature and which are your favorites?

p.s. Did you old-timers know that you can't have a signature here until you have a specified number (25? or30?) of posts?
I guess mine is one of the signatures you are referring to. It was from a cartoon my wife (now ex) sent me that I thought was cute and kinda summed up my thoughts about God, without being too offensive.

My other signature is from GnR's Mr Brownstone, a song about heroin addiction. Though H is not my DOC, I always found the words to be true to me. I was a GnR fan from way back. I have a vinyl, promo copy of Appetite for Destruction with the original cover work, from back in my old radio days. ( GnR fans will know what I am talking about) That album came out about the same time as I was getting into drugs, and I just remember it playing in my head through my journey, even though I didn't pay attention to it's cautionary tale.
Interesting thread. Take care all.
Old 01-06-2010, 02:49 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

what Signature?
Old 01-06-2010, 03:10 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Somewhere between the gator swamp and the Taj Mahal there is a path, it may be hidden, overgrown or may blend in with the other surroundings, but it is there, it's your path and it is calling you.~Frankly~
Mine came from something a member (Frankly) posted one day, that just caught my attention and touched my heart. My path has not been the path of "normal" people, but today I embrace the fact that it is MY path and an interesting journey that has taken me to places more wonderful than I could ever imagine.

Another one I had for a long time, also touched my heart, because it was only in the darkness that I found my light.

“I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness because it shows me the stars. ~Og Mandino~”
This is an interesting thread. Our signatures tell us a lot about ourselves and each other, I think.

Hugs
Old 01-06-2010, 05:11 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

My sig needs no further explanation....
Old 01-06-2010, 05:18 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Resident

I have two signatures.
The first is just something everyone has heard but it is kinda my outlook on things. What it is is what is. My version of it is what it is.

The second comes from a reality show called Koe Schmo. An obscure show on Spike TV about five years ago where all the contestants but one were actors and he thought everyone was a contestant too. It was very funny.
Anyways that was one of the contestants/ actors mantra and it was funny the way he said it. Only positivity-No negativity. It is a good way for us to lead our lives but difficult to do.
Old 01-06-2010, 06:41 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Eating protein and life.

Originally Posted by 55438 View Post
Hi everyone,

I am a relative newbie around here and have found I love reading peoples' signatures. I often wonder why you chose them and what they mean to you.

Two of my favorites are "Heck where people go who don't believe in Gosh"

and "out of the ashes will rise the pheonix".

Why did you chose your signature and which are your favorites?

p.s. Did you old-timers know that you can't have a signature here until you have a specified number (25? or30?) of posts?
I love reading people's signatures too.

Mine is from mythology and what the Phoenix represents to me - a rebirth after being engulfed by flames and left for ashes.

"A phoenix is a mythical bird with a colorful plumage and a tail of gold and scarlet (or purple, blue, and green according to some legends). It has a 500 to 1,000 year life-cycle, near the end of which it builds itself a nest of twigs that then ignites; both nest and bird burn fiercely and are reduced to ashes, from which a new, young phoenix or phoenix egg arises, reborn anew to live again."
Old 01-06-2010, 10:22 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
On my path.

Beautiful!

Ann - did Frankly write this sentence or quote it? I want to read more from that author.

Old 01-06-2010, 10:51 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Rusty :

My sig comes from a plaque my daughter gave me when I celebrated 30 days sober. "She believed she could, so she did."

My other quote is self explanatory.
Old 01-06-2010, 02:11 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
20/12/09

I only added mine a few days ago and because I am interested in trying to remain positive, I thought mine worked for that.

I have seem some pretty cool ones myself AND its nice to see a lighthearted post as well
Old 01-06-2010, 02:39 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

I choose mine because I know something is missing in my life. Trying to find balance.
Old 01-06-2010, 02:56 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
On my path.

Thank you all for your responses and for sharing the reasons you picked your signatures. I have laughed, groaned and teared up all day while reading them.