Notices

Grateful_Alcoholic?

Old 11-20-2009, 08:46 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I am grateful today! Why? I had a BIG problem, and was shown a simple solution.

What that heck does that mean? Well, I am grateful for my life today. I am grateful for and enjoy my life and my feelings today. None of this would be possible without the AA, the Steps and the fellowship leading me to find God.

I really don't remember when I said, Yea I am grateful, but more like I just woke up on day and paid more attention to the phrase.

I was grateful when I found the solution to my drinking/living problem as I hadn't a clue what my problem was really.

18 Years sober this past Sept 25th. and enjoying life today.
Old 11-20-2009, 08:50 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I am grateful that I'm not drunk tonght, that I have a warm place to stay, a full belly, and friends here who care, so yea, I'm grateful.

I still have alot of negative crap to let go of, so my gratitude level may rise as I shed that shackles of active alcoholism.
Old 11-21-2009, 02:30 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Kjell

head on down to the gratitude forums,

you may find a load of answers to that question.

#1 i'm alive today

#2 i was told, a grateful alk'y will never drink again.

almost seven years of being grateful for me!
Old 11-21-2009, 06:07 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

i am an extremely grateful alcoholic. as i was reading this thread my boyfriend was just saying what life was like a year ago.i was lucky if i got out of my pyjamas and the same underwear or brushed my teeth over a 4 day period.i was crippled with debt.i was unemployable and completely anti-social.i was lost,sad and hopeless.today i am grateful every single morning when i wake up.first of all to be alive (this is a miracle in itself),i am grateful to have a roof over my head,food in the fridge,clothes on my back.light and heat.friends in and out of AA.i am grateful that i can be a useful person these days.i am grateful i can be honest,express emotions,smell flowers,be kind,happy,enjoy my food,look at myself in the mirror and smile,,,my list goes on and on and on.i need an attitude of gratitiude.all my life was run on self,what i wanted,when i wanted it,always wanted more,more of EVERYTHING! now i am grateful for what i have.and for this chronic alki to be sober a day at a time how can i not be? also,im with AGO and TRUCKER on this too.every word,,,,
Old 11-21-2009, 07:08 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

l am gratefull for the things l have learned about myself and other people.
Not always nice and a pity l had to learn it that way.

No pain, No gain l suppose..