View Single Post
Old 11-21-2009, 06:07 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Charmie

i am an extremely grateful alcoholic. as i was reading this thread my boyfriend was just saying what life was like a year ago.i was lucky if i got out of my pyjamas and the same underwear or brushed my teeth over a 4 day period.i was crippled with debt.i was unemployable and completely anti-social.i was lost,sad and hopeless.today i am grateful every single morning when i wake up.first of all to be alive (this is a miracle in itself),i am grateful to have a roof over my head,food in the fridge,clothes on my back.light and heat.friends in and out of AA.i am grateful that i can be a useful person these days.i am grateful i can be honest,express emotions,smell flowers,be kind,happy,enjoy my food,look at myself in the mirror and smile,,,my list goes on and on and on.i need an attitude of gratitiude.all my life was run on self,what i wanted,when i wanted it,always wanted more,more of EVERYTHING! now i am grateful for what i have.and for this chronic alki to be sober a day at a time how can i not be? also,im with AGO and TRUCKER on this too.every word,,,,