Notices

A conspiracy of love...

Old 11-20-2009, 01:23 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR jojo

You'll find a lot of support and encouragement here.
Congratulations on your 20 days!

Feel free to start your own thread and tell us more of your story if you like

D
Old 11-20-2009, 02:54 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hey Dallas!!

You give as much as we do, buddy. Keep coming back!

Mark
Old 11-20-2009, 03:25 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

Ya know, Dallas, a lot of us, me included, were lacking in 'family'. I have found friends here who are family to me, people who understand.

Congratulations on your sober time.
Old 11-20-2009, 10:19 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

FS -- I second, third fourth, etc. what others have said. This is beginning to feel like family to me too. I have told SR folks things that I haven't shared with anyone. There is such a security here. Maybe part of it is the anonymity. Don't know. But I do know that the caring loving feeling I get from coming here day after day is real. New sneakers and sunglasses? Very cool. Look forward to hearing about more successful days from you.
Old 11-20-2009, 11:14 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hope is a funny thing.

I don't have any in my pockets, I can't trade it for new shoes or a jacket, but i can give it away with out seeing it, I know it's there, and the person receiving it acknowledges it, but we can't touch it.

Love is the same way, it's hard to see, but can be felt immensely, it can turn a foe into a friend and dry the tears of a young child, or an adult better than Kleenex ever will.

I cannot see any of you, nor do we do coffee and cake, but I can feel the love you've expressed and it warms my heart, and brings tears to my eyes. It's the greatest gift you can give a person and I thank each and every one of you for the gift you've given me. I have hope today, and I feel loved and that's a far cry from where I was earlier this week, for I was at the end of my rope. My alcoholism has taken me places in life that I never imagined possible, for I was "better than that", and now it has brought me here, to a place of healing, change, forgiveness, friendship, love and hope, so I am blessed beyond measure today.

What a wonderful life, one day at a time.