View Single Post
Old 11-20-2009, 11:14 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
firestorm090

Hope is a funny thing.

I don't have any in my pockets, I can't trade it for new shoes or a jacket, but i can give it away with out seeing it, I know it's there, and the person receiving it acknowledges it, but we can't touch it.

Love is the same way, it's hard to see, but can be felt immensely, it can turn a foe into a friend and dry the tears of a young child, or an adult better than Kleenex ever will.

I cannot see any of you, nor do we do coffee and cake, but I can feel the love you've expressed and it warms my heart, and brings tears to my eyes. It's the greatest gift you can give a person and I thank each and every one of you for the gift you've given me. I have hope today, and I feel loved and that's a far cry from where I was earlier this week, for I was at the end of my rope. My alcoholism has taken me places in life that I never imagined possible, for I was "better than that", and now it has brought me here, to a place of healing, change, forgiveness, friendship, love and hope, so I am blessed beyond measure today.

What a wonderful life, one day at a time.