Notices

Need someone

Old 11-10-2009, 02:32 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
FREAKING AWESOME!

Threshold and Liberty...thanks a lot. It's kinda wierd to say an addict doesn't think about using or have those days SOMETIMES. You are right threshold I crave something because I am a stay at home mother with not much of a life. Just sitting around here cleaning, feeding my son, watching cartoons. Then my husband comes home....goes to sleep which aggervates me and I'm left alone in my head again. UGGG. I don't know, I am really aggervated a lot here lately, I have too much time on my hands, I have no friends anymore, there is drugs all around me where I live...my mom sells them....it's just aggervating. Anyway, I am better today but just aggervated.
Old 11-10-2009, 03:53 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Yes, that's why I said no offense to the dissenters- we're addicts, we want to use, duh. For the sake of being fully honest, I will add that I have been on Suboxone for over a year and it has helped TREMENDOUSLY with the cravings. It wasn't enough so I had to start working "the program" too to put together any sobriety- but its been a huge component of my recovery and my sponser says I should get at least six months clean before trying to taper. If you have the money, desire, resources for sub I would highly recommend it- I actually had a month clean when I went on it, people tried to discourage me left and right because they felt it was only a detox med but in my heart I knew what was right for me and I wanted to use every tool possible to fight the cravings. These cravings are powerful and don't let anyone try to underplay their role- bless you in your journey however you choose to fight them.
Old 11-10-2009, 04:25 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
FREAKING AWESOME!

I have thought about it but I am afraid to withdraw from that too. I might talk to my counselor about it and I do need to find a sponsor and actually work the program. The meetings help, it's like a soul cleansing when I go there. I come out feeling so much better.