Notices

new to this sobriety

Old 10-20-2009, 01:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

new to this sobriety

I have been sober since july ,3,2009.At first no problem,butnow some of the pressure of life makes me think about taking adrink. Any advice. I am new to all of this.
Old 10-20-2009, 01:56 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to SR and big congrats on your sober time. I can only advise just taking it one day at a time. 'Forever' is a long time but it's not too much to just take it one day at a time. I would also suggest that you make a list of all the consequences you won't have to face by not drinking: no dui's, no hangovers, no missed work, no accidents, no blackouts... lots of stuff that can't happen to you if you aren't drinking.

Sober is better. I've been sober almost as long as you and I can tell you that my worst day sober is better than my best day drinking.
Old 10-20-2009, 01:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Joey, welcome to recovery and to SR, I hope you find the support you're looking for.

My understanding is that alcohol is just a symptom, my real issues were with living life on life's terms, emotional recovery. I found help in the rooms of AA, I came to find out that I couldn't do it alone. I hope you'll put together a plan for your recovery, there are plenty of resources to check out here on SR http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...resources.html