Notices

October Sobriety Group

Old 11-25-2009, 10:16 AM
  # 221 (permalink)  
The Little Alcoholic Monstress That Could

Day 36! I got my chip, its a shiny red coin, and i cherish it! i am working on step 7 and things are going good!
Old 11-25-2009, 11:44 AM
  # 222 (permalink)  

Congrats LiveLikeGold!!! That's awesome!!!
Old 11-26-2009, 10:17 AM
  # 223 (permalink)  

bumping up for us.
Old 11-27-2009, 12:36 AM
  # 224 (permalink)  

day 32 for me I am worried a bit about the holidays as well, but am really enjoying not waking up hungover anymore. I think we might discover that people don't notice our drinking/not drinking as much as we think.

It is like how you are always worried about how you look, but so is everyone else so people are really just focused on themselves. It'll be interesting, at least.
Old 11-28-2009, 07:22 PM
  # 225 (permalink)  

Almost done with Day 33 here!! Made it through Thanksgiving! Yippee!! I think my anxiety was more about telling my mom that I quit drinking and was going to AA than it was actually not drinking.
Old 11-30-2009, 03:17 AM
  # 226 (permalink)  

Day 42 for me today. Feeling great, loving the hangover free mornings and energy levels. Everyone else is doing great, keep up the amazing progress.
Old 11-30-2009, 05:33 AM
  # 227 (permalink)  

On Day 35!!! I'm feeling really good too. I think this month (Dec) will be a big test with all the holiday activities going on. I can't stayed holed up in my house forever can I So far my strategy has been to avoid situtations where drinking may be involved.
Old 12-03-2009, 12:24 AM
  # 228 (permalink)  

Hey everyone! Its been a while. Im on day 44 woot woot lol! Working step 8 right now Keep it up team!
Old 12-08-2009, 09:20 AM
  # 229 (permalink)  

Yo where's everyone lol. I want to see us on the front page at all times.

My low: I am broke, havent been able to make it to meetings and therefore do not feel spiritually fit.

My high: Im on day 49, started working full time and am almost done with school
Old 12-08-2009, 09:42 AM
  # 230 (permalink)  

Day 44 for me.
Old 12-08-2009, 11:34 AM
  # 231 (permalink)  
part time member

Day 65 for me. The time is just flying by.
Old 12-11-2009, 08:32 PM
  # 232 (permalink)  

Hello everyone! I'm on Day 46!! I went to my first Christmas party last night without drinking. I had more anxiety while I was getting ready for the party than I did at the party. I used to have a glass of wine or 2 while I was getting dressed for social outings. Anyway, once I was at the party I figured someone would ask me why I wasn't drinking. No one did!! So, either they didn't notice or didn't care. Whew!!

Congrats everyone on your sober time!!
Old 12-14-2009, 05:11 PM
  # 233 (permalink)  

Day 55 here, time just keeps on going isnt that great!?
Old 12-16-2009, 05:23 AM
  # 234 (permalink)  

Day 51 here! Time does keep going and it is great, LiveLikeGold. I woke up this morning thinking...Wow, I didn't even think about having a drink yesterday!! What an awesome feeling! I just realized that on Christmas Day I will have 60 days! What a gift.
Old 12-22-2009, 12:27 AM
  # 235 (permalink)  

Day 62! Congrats about xmas day txsar! I have to confess that I am guilty of something. Im only doing one part of my recovery right now and thats the not drinking. Ive been majorly slacking on the unity/service part. I have to make a silly ass amends tomorrow but i know I want the results so I will do it. Nonetheless, my sponsor has been giving me the "look" about not hitting many meetings Im broke as hell and only have enough gas to get to work. I do have a bus pass but i just got over being sick and its been raining outside and i dont like taking the bus. I know I am full of excuses. I just reassure myself that when I have more funds to put in the tank I will get back on AA meetings like I once did. And be able to turn my cell phone on so I can further connect with my fellow alcoholics. Being on SR helps me feel that I am being of service in some small way.
Old 12-22-2009, 02:41 AM
  # 236 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. Day 57 here and will hit two months over the holidays. I remember thinking about the timing of this back in October, and never thought I'd make it. My life has changed for the better in the last two months. Nothing on the outside is really different, but I feel much more calm and better able to deal with all problems. For example, I'm supposed to be taking the Eurostar tomorrow to Paris to visit my in-laws (and am separated from my husband). Tricky situation? Absolutely. But I feel pretty calm and confident.
Also, if the Americans on the board are unaware, major problems with the Eurostar here over the last few days. I think they are finally running again today, but I won't be able to get on a train until the 24th. I think if I were still drinking this would cause a lot more stress. Now, I feel a bit stressed about it, but also of the attitude that "what happens will happen." No need to get all worked up about it really. Wont do a damn bit of good. I am very thankful for all my new friends in AA and this period of self reflection. Keep it up October group!
Old 12-22-2009, 06:31 AM
  # 237 (permalink)  

Day 57 here! I've only told my family about my not drinking so I've gotten a couple of acoholic gifts (homemade irish cream and a bottle of wine) from friends. I haven't said anything to them yet but I'll tell you it's been very tempting to have just a little taste (especially of the homemade irish cream). I will be so glad when the holidays are over and some of these temptations will be removed. I know there will always be something and eventually everyone will know I'm not drinking any more but right now it's hard.

LiveLikeGold, I have a confession too. I have not really even started recovery. I go to a few AA meetings but do not have a sponsor and have not started working the steps. I was telling one of the ladies at the meeting the other day that I know I can not stay where I'm at or I will relapse. I need to move forward in my recovery. My plan is to start this after the holidays. Hang in there LiveLikeGold! Do you have someone close by that can give you a ride(s) to your meetings?

Cambridge, I too feel more at peace and calm. I have my moments of course but things just don't bother me as much any more, especially the little things. Good luck with the trip to the in-laws.

Hope everyone has sober and happy holidays!!
Old 12-22-2009, 07:52 PM
  # 238 (permalink)  

Txsar, I am happy for you. My stepwork has been fun and empowering. I would say to get a sponsor that you can trust; someone that just feels right. I dont have anyone that I can call up and get a ride to a meeting. Like you, my immediate family knows and not many other people. Kudos on not giving in to temptations. Hang in there and so will I!
Old 12-31-2009, 07:48 AM
  # 239 (permalink)  

Hi everyone!! Haven't seen the October thread up recently so here it is. I'm on day 67!!!!!! My plans for tonight are to be in bed sleeping through the New Year.
Old 12-31-2009, 03:31 PM
  # 240 (permalink)  

Hi 4ever! I'm on day 65! I'm feeling good but a little nervous about tonight. We are going to a neighbor's house (directly across the street) where there will be drinking. My plan is to just come home and take a break if (or when) I need to regroup or get the urge. Or maybe just "start feeling bad" and go home for good. Not sure. I'll just take it a minute at a time. Good luck on 67 days!! Happy New Year!!