Notices

So I need some advice from my friends....

Old 07-21-2009, 02:44 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
mergirl

I am both the ex drinker in the house, AND the (ex)wife of a drunk. I have enough on my plate without dealing with his bs, and he is in the same boat. Give it time, and concentrate on healing.
Old 07-22-2009, 02:33 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Well all I can say is the only one who got me drunk was me, the only ones that has kept me sober is myself with the help of a miracle from my HP.

When I left to go into detox I knew that my family may not be there when I got out, but they were. My wife took a total "We will see if I stick around" attitude for the first several months I stayed sober. Her and the kids had seen all the promises before for many years, they had spent may years waiting and hearing all the promises that fell through, my kids were the first ones to tell me they were glad it looked like I was going to stay sober. I guess I was sober about 3 months before my wife finally said she was proud of me.

You know when I look back on all the years of living with a drunk they had put up with, I understand why they were hesitant about getting or showing any pride in me. The thing was and I knew it, I had to stay sober for me and to be quite honest I was more then prepared for them to still leave for the first few months I was sober. I had pushed them as close to the edge as I possibly could have without them leaving, what right did I have to expect them to think all was well after a few months when I had put them through hell all those years.

I guess what I am saying is to give her time, she may very well be scared to get her hope up.