Notices

How do you "Let it Go"

Old 04-30-2009, 03:17 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Mary this has been an awesome thread with a lot of experience and wisdom shared. As already suggested I would speak with your sponsor, and some folks with some time, heck that would be an excellent topic at a discussion meeting.

In step 12 it speaks of practicing these principles in all of our affairs. I bolded practicing , because I have found the more I practice letting things go the easier it becomes for me. That is not to say I never get angry about things, I do, but I have found that the quicker I can just get over it the better I feel and the more peaceful my surroundings get.

You are coming upon one year, I have heard many people say that they get kind of squirrely around anniversaries.... even 20 year anniversaries. This could be a part of what you are going through right now, just keep in mind, that as long as you are doing what you need to do to work on Mary, this too shall pass!

Had to throw a cliche in there! LOL

ANother cliche I have found to be helpful is "Take it easy." I have found that as long as I am moving forward working on what needs to be worked on without stressing out over what I am working on or what is going on around me the easier things seem to go.

I have heard it said in regards to the steps, "Take it easy, but take them."

Mary sit down one on one with your sponsor and just let it out.