Notices

I'm just not normal!

Old 04-05-2009, 10:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I'm just not normal!

I know this has little to do with sobriety, so I hope this thread is taken with a grain of salt.

I went to the local library yesterday for the annual dollar-a-bag sale. I found thirty-three books, which cost a total of seven dollars, that's a great deal.

When I came home, I looked at my bookshelves, which are full to overflowing. I realized that I need another bookshelf, but there is no room in my living room for it. That means I need a bigger house, which would involve moving, getting a better job so that I can afford the mortgage of a bigger place, and leaving the community where I've lived for several years. I have to make all new friends, get to know the new community, and adjust to the new environment, while trying to settle into the new job. Geez!

That's the way my goofy mind works sometimes, lol.

I think I'll stack the books in the corner for now, lol.
Old 04-05-2009, 11:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

LOL talk about overthinking things! I do it too.
Old 04-05-2009, 11:28 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi adore79,

Yep, that's me. Glad I'm not the only one. Good news is my mind is still functioning, just in crazy ways. Guess the years of sucking down the ole booze scrambled my thoughts and screwed up my stop mechanism, lol.

What's a thought mechanism anyway, oops here I go again, lol.
Old 04-05-2009, 11:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I find that dealing with reality without booze is extremely difficult and a lot of weird things have happened. Interacting with people, dealing with responsibilities, many other things I never have not done to much extent are new and strange. It just takes adjustment I think, or it is my mental illness, or whatever, I have to believe all the people who say 'it gets better.'
Old 04-06-2009, 12:09 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yeah,21 days sober and a bit loopy at times.
But some mistakes are too much fun,to only make once. lol
Old 04-06-2009, 12:19 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Never settle.

If you give a mouse a cookie...

Thanks firestorm. I'm glad I'm not the only person who thinks like that.
Old 04-06-2009, 05:34 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
mergirl

torm, there are people trying to set up a book exchange in the new book forum if you want to check it out. I donate all my used books to the library, and then TRY not to re buy them (I put my initials in every book, but sometimes forget to check til I get home=)

but a new house/job/life/friends/BOOKCASE sounds like a good plan too!!
Old 04-06-2009, 05:44 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Least you have a hobby like reading.
Old 04-06-2009, 05:45 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

I am with Oz, I have no problem with me being an alcoholic, there are lots of us, it is the norm for many..... but what really is normal? What about abnormal?
Old 04-06-2009, 06:04 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

You can never have too many books!
Old 04-06-2009, 08:03 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I thought I was normal, till I woke up, lol.

uglyeyes, I think a new house is the only solution, and, as you know, it is a buyer's market right now, so I'll buy a huge one and prepare for next years sale, lol. Like least said, you can never have too many books.

Now, if I could only find my glasses, lol. Hey, that's another great idea, an alarm on eyeglasses. You push a button and the glasses beep, so you can locate them, huh, who'd a thunk it, lol.
Old 04-06-2009, 08:24 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by OzSandy View Post
Normal? What's that???
That's what I was thinking!!! If we were "normal", would we be here? Drunks like me are DIFFERENT- not necessarily (sic) anything wrong with that.

Firestorm, you READ BOOKS??!! What is this WEIRDNESS? LOL I also go to the semi-annual library sales & stock up. Can't help myself. Going to have to do something tough , & quick, if I do say so. guess I will have to take some of them BACK to the library so they can re-sell them. CAN'T just throw them away!

My decision-making process can be pretty "special" at times, but EVENTUALLY I WILL complete the process..........
Old 04-06-2009, 08:39 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
C23
Resident Awesome Guy

Originally Posted by firestorm090 View Post
I know this has little to do with sobriety, so I hope this thread is taken with a grain of salt.

I went to the local library yesterday for the annual dollar-a-bag sale. I found thirty-three books, which cost a total of seven dollars, that's a great deal.

When I came home, I looked at my bookshelves, which are full to overflowing. I realized that I need another bookshelf, but there is no room in my living room for it. That means I need a bigger house, which would involve moving, getting a better job so that I can afford the mortgage of a bigger place, and leaving the community where I've lived for several years. I have to make all new friends, get to know the new community, and adjust to the new environment, while trying to settle into the new job. Geez!

That's the way my goofy mind works sometimes, lol.

I think I'll stack the books in the corner for now, lol.
You forgot you will have to find a new library, new driving route to get there, layout of the parking lot, apply for a new card, learn the layout of the stacks, put new books on a new wait list, find out what their late fees are, and make friends with the employees who will put books on the side for you. Now that would be a headache.....HA!!!!!
Old 04-06-2009, 08:45 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Dismember

I have to keep myself away from liquor stores and book stores, because I can't control myself in either one.

I still have a gift card for a bookstore from Christmas, which I haven't used yet because the choice is too hard. How am I to be expected to pick out just two books that I want out of the thousands that I want?
Old 04-06-2009, 09:00 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hey, you guys aren't normal, lol.

C23, you are on the right track...you crack me up! Sounds just like me!

mikefreak, do you sing or do you just hold the mike, lol. Yep, those thought processes are a zinger, I had a few of those, till I went braindead from to much pickling of the ole noggin.

Isaiah, I always use gift cards just to get me started, lol. Have you ever went to the bookstore with a fifty dollar card and walked out with a hundred dollars worth of books? I just use the gift cards as an excuse, saying, "Well, I had a card and saved fifty bucks."
Geez, will I ever make sense??
Old 04-06-2009, 09:01 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I have a children's book for you to read, "If you give a mouse a cookie." You just reminded me of this book.
Old 04-06-2009, 09:14 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hey Horselover, sounds a bit too advanced, can you suggest something a wee bit easier, lol. I like books with lots of pictures, cause they're easy to read, lol.
Old 04-06-2009, 10:12 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
C23
Resident Awesome Guy

Originally Posted by Horselover View Post
I have a children's book for you to read, "If you give a mouse a cookie." You just reminded me of this book.
My girls love that story.....
Old 04-06-2009, 10:26 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Phal,

I was thinking, we could put an alarm on the glasses along with a puff of smoke when you push the button, then add a small disco strobe light that goes off after the smoke. Add lasers and I think we have a million dollar idea, lol.
Old 04-06-2009, 04:19 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by gneiss View Post
If you give a mouse a cookie...

Thanks firestorm. I'm glad I'm not the only person who thinks like that.
LOL!!!!! Mouse a Cookie