Notices

I am about to explode...

Old 04-07-2009, 04:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I am about to explode...

if I don't talk to someone right now. I am working harder that ever, both at work and my sobriety. My salary has been cut due to "economic conditions" nad "my reduced workload" which is a crock. My assistant was cut. I am angry and not feeling good about myself or work right now. Sorry to dump this on you.
Old 04-07-2009, 04:56 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing...

I am sorry this is happening to you...I know how angry you feel and I sense that you are a worker of value...

This seems to be happening more and more in this day of age. I am not saying this to minimize your pain...You are not alone...

Keep staying close to your support systems...:ghug2
Old 04-07-2009, 04:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Flgirl,

I'm sorry you are finding things so hard right now.

It sounds like your company is cutting back, and that's no reflection on you.
Old 04-07-2009, 05:28 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Flgirl,
I am going through a very similiar situation at my job. At one time my staff consisted of 8 employees. For about a month we had been working with only three. My manager called me yesterday to tell me they are terminating another employee and I needed to adjust the schedule to cover his shift!! What am I supposed to do? How can two employees do the work of eight? So far, those of us left have managed to take up the slack but we are working way too long hours, leaving us fatigued. I just have to turn it over to my HP, He's the only one I can depend on to get me through this. Your HP will get you through your situation too. Just rely on Him.
Old 04-07-2009, 05:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I understand,my work hours have almost been halved. This economic
disaster is a bit of a worry. I'm gonna hang in there,though!
22 days sober for me,ain't gonna blow that over money.
Would'nt make sense
Old 04-07-2009, 06:03 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

I was actually thinking of you the other day. Wondering how you been.
First of all..Its nice to see you.
I am sorry things are going not so great for you.
I know I am feeling the effects of the economy myself.
I lost my job a little over a month ago because I relapsed. I have been grinding looking for work ever since and cant even get an interview.
I know it sucks. But I guess you can look at it as being grateful you have a job at all.
Times are tough. And picking up isnt going to make it any better.
Just add to the pile of BS.
Just take it easy and hang inthere. And dont drink no matter what.
Old 04-07-2009, 06:10 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

(((Flgirl)))

I'm sorry things are so stressful. I've gone from one extreme to the other at my job...had my hours cut in half, then have had to work extra hours with not enough staff. I'm actually working two jobs, 6 days/week just to make ends meet. I need both jobs, haven't had any luck at getting anything else, so I decided to do the best I can do, vent to some friends who are patient listeners and I don't use...no matter what. I hope things get better for you, and soon.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 04-07-2009, 06:17 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

Flgirl so sorry that you are going through this right now! Breathe.....and know that it is for sure not your fault in anyway!

I lost my job due to this economy back in September which in return I was unable to take the beautiful home on 2 acres I was to move into October 1st. I since have been living at my girlfriends with major stress as she is going through her own bad ordeal, I had to move out of there to save my sanity. I lost two friends within a week apart from each other and put my little fur baby down as well. I now sit at the boyfriends house with my entire home in two storage units living out of suitcases and bags..plugging along looking for work and a home as I know this is not the place for me.

Our emotions get the best of us sometimes and we feel as if it is our fault for things that happen in our lives and sometimes it is but in this case it is not! Please try to relax and do something good for yourself even if it is taking a walk and listening to the birds chirp. As hard as it is and feels right now it will get better. I was angry too when I lost my job but I know that those who still have one even if the hours are cut should be grateful they still have one! Hang in there!
Old 04-08-2009, 01:55 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I am so sorry to hear my fellow sobriety friends are stuggling with job loss...Loss of hours etc.

I retired back in 2004, actually out on physical disability, social security disability, and altough I do well with my funds compared to others, I did have to make drastic changes in my life...It hasn't been easy, but I do the best I can...

I believe things will get better...

Support going out to all of you...:ghug
Old 04-08-2009, 02:22 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by flgirl View Post
if I don't talk to someone right now. I am working harder that ever, both at work and my sobriety. My salary has been cut due to "economic conditions" nad "my reduced workload" which is a crock. My assistant was cut. I am angry and not feeling good about myself or work right now. Sorry to dump this on you.
Im so sorry!:ghug3
Old 04-08-2009, 05:47 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thank you for all of your support.
Old 04-08-2009, 06:24 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

It is rough going for you right now, but I believe you'll come thru it alright. Don't pick up no matter what. That would only make it worse. Hang on tight to your support system. We're here for you.:ghug3
Old 04-08-2009, 06:25 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hi FL

You are not your salary and I'm sure your not your economic conditions.

Robert Frost is cool. Like that
Old 04-08-2009, 06:42 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

If it's any comfort to you, we are all going down with you. Prices are going up, tolls going up, gas going up. Everyone is losing their jobs, I guess you should be thankful that your not laid off. Hang in there, Better days are coming soon. We hope.