Notices

Celebrity Apprentice

Old 03-30-2009, 01:09 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I was really surprised when they brought up the drinking part and kept talking about it and Dennis didn't really fight it at all. He did make a comment to Jesse about his drinking problems and then Jesse said he hadn't drank for 9 years, but could appreciate what Dennis was going through. It was really just kinda weird and uncomfortable to watch.
Old 03-31-2009, 05:30 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hey Fub,
Been a fan of the show since its inception.
Lately I work nights, so I DVR it... watched last night. I thought it was handled very well and the AA contact info at the close showed class and was appropriate.
Jesse James is an awesome contestant and had the balls to call out Rodman on the show. He sure appeared passionate, emotional and sincere about it all. I told my wife at the start of this seasons show that Jesse was the one to watch and that he would be in the finale.
As I watching it I thought about our SR family and wondered if anyone would bring this up... amazingly it turned out to be you, my Jan classmate.
Old 03-31-2009, 10:52 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I don't watch the show but for some reason tivoed that episode and just watched it. It was super intense. I actually almost cried. I agree that Jesse James was super sincere and brave in his statement about Rodman's problem and I think it was pretty obvious that Rodman did have a problem and seemed to be reeling in both shame and denial. Watching a major celebrity in the throws of addiction, I just felt so sorry for him and felt at the same time that he was going through so much that I went through and am probably still currently dealing with. It is just further proof that nothing can make you safe from this or nothing makes you so "unique" that you are immune to borrow from another thread. I actually think it is worth watching the last few minutes of the show even if you have never seen it before. I found it on YouTube:

YouTube - The Celebrity Apprentice | Season Two | Dennis Rodman Gets Fired
Old 04-01-2009, 04:07 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I agree with jsml....I enjoy the show and even though it's obviously produced to the hilt to garner the most interest possible, as any tv show would, it is entertaining and interesting to watch.

I thought the episode with Rodman's drinking spotlighted was very much produced and marketed to garner an interest for the show. Everyone likes a train wreck right? Although advertised all week to showcase Dennis' drinking issue, I thought Jesse James' comments at the end of the show were moving and real. Rodman has been drunk in almost every episode....I think J James has a pretty good view of what his issue is and despite being a show marketing ploy, it had some element of real human drama....and showed someone at the end (James) caring and being trasparent about their past abuse and the real human condition of alcoholism.

Good show for what it is, and this was a moving episode.....marketing ploy or not for me.