Notices

14 Drinks Deep - Have Another 20 - MMMMMM

Old 03-27-2009, 08:12 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Administrator

LOL I'm not here to pick a fight.

You can do whatever you want.

You can do what I did and nearly die trying to medicate myself into being functional.
I had my reasons too - I won't bandy IQs or medical conditions with you - it's really immaterial.

Self medication is bogus - no matter how smart you are.

There are more effective meds than booze and pot....and more effective treatments than the patient trying to treat himself.

Like I said - we're here if, or when, you think you need us.
Good luck
D
Old 03-27-2009, 08:13 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
6/20/08

You don't want to be sober.
Old 03-27-2009, 08:17 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Next stop: real life

Originally Posted by coffeenut View Post
You don't want to be sober.
I'd have to agree. What exactly are you looking for, 12+?
Old 03-27-2009, 08:17 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

I am just wondering why you joined a recovery board if you have no problems and think its fun to get wasted in your home or whatever. It isnt really about you talkin to talk. It about the many members here that are strugglin for their lives to get clean and sober. And the members here who are trying to keep their sobriety.
This isnt something any of us want or need to hear.
If it was freakin rainbows and sunshine..None of us would have gone to all types of lengths to stop using and drinking.
So what is your purpose here?
Old 03-27-2009, 08:18 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Today's Muse

Alcoholism knows no prejudice, be it Mensa member or village idiot. I know a lot of smart people who do stupid things. While drinking, it fits the bill.

Ask your Dr. about your options. If you were taking meds and drinking with them, they aren't going to work. Revisit your options if you are really interested in getting help.
Old 03-27-2009, 08:27 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I'm wondering what the point of "recovery" (quitting drinking and all drugs except those made by Pfizer) is .

If you guys can't turn someone, what good are your recovery forums?

I respect all of you who have turned away from the plug and the pipe, but what have you really gained from it?

It seems to me that you lose more than you gain and then try to cope under the guise of "I'll live longer". Define live.
Old 03-27-2009, 08:27 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I knew there would be a reason for me to get on my knees tonight and thank God for my recovery!
Old 03-27-2009, 08:30 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Freedom1990 View Post
I knew there would be a reason for me to get on my knees tonight and thank God for my recovery!
Can you provide us with said reason?

Thanks
Old 03-27-2009, 08:31 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

It's not our job to "turn someone". The people who want help from this site are getting getting it.
Old 03-27-2009, 08:32 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
getting there

Hi and welcome! I'd assume that you wouldn't be seeking out a recovery site if there wasn't a little tiny part of you that wanted to be sober. So, I'll take your post seriously and say that long-term use of marijuana and alcohol in the amounts you are consuming can do serious harm to your body. You can do the google research if you want the details. Yes, as long as you're staying home and not out driving, you aren't hurting anyone except yourself. For some of us, it's been hard to care about that. I hope you will, and I hope you keep posting if you are serious about recovery.
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ruch View Post
It's not our job to "turn someone". The people who want help from this site are getting getting it.
Once again: How strong is your own reason if you can't provide another with the same?

Perhaps this is all a matter of perception, huh?
  # 32 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Well good luck with all that and everything. Hope we dont see you back telling us how your dieing or cant take it anymore. But if it ever does get to that point. We are here.
I dont think there is anything more for me to see here.
Have a good one.
  # 33 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 12plusDeep View Post
I want to stop drinking, but why?

I'm 14 drinks deep, feeling fantastic, have that wonderful warm buzz in my stomach, my feet tingle, and I have another 2 grams of marijuana left along with a bottle of Grand Marnier and another 2 beers (I've had 12 beers and a straight double shot of Brandy).

Why should I not go puff my bowl along to the rest of my beer and a few shots of my Grand Marnier? Get really toasted and then go downstairs and cook an omellette with some corned beef and hash?

What exactly will it do to my body?

Thanks...
You made a statement "I want to stop drinking" then followed with a question "why?". You seem to have given yourself every reason to continue drinking. Why do you want to stop?
Old 03-27-2009, 08:33 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

General caution: mixing psychotropics with alcohol and pot can have serious consequences. Such as seizures, blackouts, violence, etc.

I learned a long time ago (I hope I have learned this for good and for all)
not to discuss things with an intoxicated person. It is an excercise in futility.

...........exit stage right.......
Old 03-27-2009, 08:33 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

12plusDeep

It appears as if you are not interested in living life to the fullest or maybe it is
that you are just not capable?

People in these forums are capable and have worked hard at giving up something
that yes indeed would have caused them death!

I suggest that if you are not interested in quiting then you quietly leave this forum and let the rest of us continue on with our healthy lives!

Shooo Shooo until you are ready to recover
Old 03-27-2009, 08:34 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
mle-sober

Yeah, I think you've got to get yourself a little further down that road before I feel like investing the time into your story... I don't want to go on another ride, swinging around behind on the tail of someone else's ego. Someone who already things he/she has all the answers.

I'd like to see you get a little further away from:

- "Wheeee!!!!! This is fun to turn into toast and I think I'm Superman!!! I have another 2 grams of marijuana left along with a bottle of Grand Marnier and another 2 beers (I've had 12 beers and a straight double shot of Brandy). And I'm just getting started!! Wheeee!!"

And closer to:

"Whoa, what am I doing this to myself for? I thought my extreme intellect and my general charm could pull me through with this OCD, and this PTSD but I'm drinking everything I can get my hands on and smoking to balance it out and I am fricking MISERABLE but I don't know any other way to do it.... what shoud I do?? Can you help??"

It's not that I want to see you suffer. It's just that I want to see you honest.
Old 03-27-2009, 08:35 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

12 Plus,

I used to drink and smoke the amount you have, just to get warmed up.......

I thought it was so much fun, oh yes....

Did I ever fool myself.... it was in reality no fun at all.

If your idea of a fun night is to get wasted and hang out on a sober recovery message board, perhaps you might want to get that IQ retested, just to be sure you haven't fried one too many brain cells.

When you decide you've had enough, we'll be here for you bud.
Old 03-27-2009, 08:36 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
getting there

RV makes a good point. You said you want to stop drinking. If you tell us what led you to make that statement it might be easier for us to help you.
  # 39 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 12plusDeep View Post
Once again: How strong is your own reason if you can't provide another with the same?

Perhaps this is all a matter of perception, huh?

There are plenty of posts in this thread giving you reasons to do the same.

I have no idea what you mean with your second question. Must be why I'm not a member of mensa, huh?
  # 40 (permalink)  
Never settle.

So... I see that you're proud of your IQ, which is cool. My dad and I are both eligible for Mensa. I decided the real test is when you pay the fee. If you're dumb enough to pay to hang around with people who like to brag about their intelligence and pet their own egos, you don't belong there. (They laughed when I said I wanted to be a comedian. Well, nobody's laughing now!!!)

Seems to me you're just here to play around a little bit, and I'm worried that it could be detrimental to people who are really trying to get sober. Most of us are here because our alcohol or drug use has negatively affected our lives to the point we had to stop and we needed some support in that. If your drinking and drug use does not cause such problems there is no reason for you to be here. Your assertion is that the alcohol improves your life, so there's no reason for you to quit, and thus there's no reason for you to be here.