Notices

Second guessing my choice of rehab facility

Old 03-09-2009, 04:26 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mle-sober View Post
Ha Ha Ha!!

Katie, If you think the game you're running is going to work in a rehab, you are so wrong.

If you feel so contemptuous of AA that you aren't willing to let aspects of it save your life, then .... well, I guess I'm just sorry for you.

Good luck. Have fun.
Well, I find your response to be questionable. Let's put it that way. I don't need any hahaha. I do have my issues with AA and they are mine and I've lived an entire life of it. Nonetheless, thank you for your support.
Old 03-09-2009, 04:30 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AlkalikeH View Post
Asthmatic smoker self-medicating with wine? what a combo!

Do yourself an enormous help and just go to rehab Katie, sounds like booze is not the only issue.

I did went postal on one of your threads last week. That was not good at all.

So, for your own sake and the people who care: "less talk, more rock", got it?

All the best.
Thanks, I am going to have to quit smoking, I am afraid. I was going to go buy the patch today, then remembered how much worse things get in the first few days of quitting in terms of breathing. Yeah, I got "issues." I think I am going to have to tell them to take my cigs away and just suffer on my inhalers and see it through. All in all, it's a mess and both addictions are tough. They are not going to let me drink to breathe, yet I'm really afraid of not having that option. So, IOW, I am really anxious.

I know this isn't the nicotine forum, but it's really an issue for me and wine is how I cure it. So...I'll just have to deal with it.
Old 03-09-2009, 05:24 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Geez Katie..I have to say I am a little jealous of you right now.
You have all these options and I just got turned away after 10 hrs of waiting in a waiting room. Patiently at that.
So now I have to say to you.
You have a chance at something I want so bad and your being picky.
I dont have the comfort of money or private ins. I have to use medicaid. So my options are limited.
I am in a fight for my life. I dont want to die behind this ****.
I am tired of excuses on my part. I just want to do whatever it takes to stop the madness. I only wish I was in your shoes right now. I wouldnt hesitate one minute.
Especially after what I went through today.
I dont think I have cried like that in a very long time.
And then to see people like you who have every means possible that are treating it like a friggin vacation.
I am sorry katie. But today really opened my eyes to alot of things.
I hope you get help.
But maybe you need a good lesson in humility. Alot of people dont have the choices you do and die trying all their lives.
You dont know how fortunate you really are.
Old 03-09-2009, 05:49 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
I'm just a girl

Katie, I wasn't going to post on anymore of your threads but after reading everything that Chiy is going through I just wanted to tell you that enough is enough...so, please just stop with the games, the "second guessing" and stop acting like a victim. If you are serious about getting better than you will do whatever it takes to get better...but only you can decide that.
Old 03-09-2009, 05:52 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Attitude of Gratitude

They are not going to let me drink to breathe, yet I'm really afraid of not having that option. So, IOW, I am really anxious.

I know this isn't the nicotine forum, but it's really an issue for me and wine is how I cure it. So...I'll just have to deal with it.
Come on Katie. You are not using the wine to help you breathe, you're using the wine for every single thing in your life!

YOU ARE AN ALCOHOLIC!

And like mle-sober said, these games you are playing are not going to work in treatment. I hate to tell you this, but whatever treatment center or resort you decide to go to, things aren't going to be as comfy and cozy as you think they are going to be, no matter what they told you on the phone. If a treatment center tells you that you are going to be in the fight for your life, facing your demons and all your sh*t that kept you using and playing these games for years, no one would go! These brochures that you have been looking at show nice, beautiful scenery, pretty color coordinated rooms with more than likely fresh cut flowers on the nightstand and probably show a wonderful array of gourmet foods.

But you are not going on a vacation Katie! I am a fellow smoker and I know that I didn't go to detox several times because I didn't want to not be able to smoke. Looking back, those were just excuses! I know that. I was full of excuses, and you are too. I'm telling you these things out of anger, but not at you, at this damn disease for having such a strong hold on you that you are letting it fill your head with all of these excuses.

And then there's Trish, this beautiful soul is begging to go into treatment, any kind of treatment and she can't get in! I'm sure she's not the only one reading this thread who would live in a tent in 20 degree weather eating beans and weanies for a month if it meant they were in treatment.

I don't understand the bullheadedness about AA, but then, I don't understand why you are dragging your heals like this. Well,maybe I do.

It's called denial.

I wish you the best and hope to God you get help before this disease claims you as it's latest fatality.

You will be in my Prayers,
Judy
Old 03-09-2009, 05:58 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

Alright, Katie... try not be too much of a spoiled brat, mmmkay???

Amy Winehouse, Britney Spears and Robert Downey Jr. are telling you to go!!!!

Hey, your message box is full... was tryin' to PM ya.
Old 03-09-2009, 06:06 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

I just want to add that I by no means am trying to compare me to you. I just hope you relize the opportunity you have. And you know that alot of people never even get a chance.
People die from this **** katie. And you are no exception.
And there are people that want it so bad and dont even have a chance due to outside circumstances. You have the chance katie. Take advantage of it.
You deserve it just as much as anyone lese. But dont treat it so nonchalantly. This is your life!
Old 03-09-2009, 06:18 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

What is see a someone like a lot of alkies I know-a drama queen who doesn't really want to get sober, but will do anything up to the point of dying of alcoholism for attention. I see this type all the time-any kind of attention is better than no attention.

Those that co-sign the ******** are "supportive" while those that care enough to say it the way it is are "cruel and judgemental" and "obviously can't relate."

I've given this one all the attention I intend to.
Old 03-09-2009, 06:39 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I relatively new here, but I would like to put my 1 cent in on this. Since you seem to be having so much difficulty making a decision, then trust in fate, take out a lucky penny and flip it...Heads go to Rehab A, Tails go to Rehab B. If it turns out bad, you don't have to blame yourself for making a bad decision. Either way you will be better off than you are now. That's what I would do, just go for it. Lynx
Old 03-09-2009, 06:56 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
trying to get it right

katie

well i do know what to say!!!!!!! well, yes maybe i do! if you have a asthma, sorry (sp) smoking is bad! and if you drink too much, too often, you might need help! i have followed your posts, kept up with you and i am just wondering what you really want? it is ok if you just want to contiue on your course. no one will critize you except..........when you keep reaching out ffor help and refuse to take it!!! well people get a little dissappointed....cause we cannot reach you!

i love you and wish you the best and hope you do what you need to do!

love jow

:praying
Old 03-10-2009, 12:41 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Too far from the beach

Katie, just go already.