Notices

Oh god, I don't think I'll get there.

Old 03-05-2009, 09:31 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
It's time to change!

[QUOTE=ElChupacabra;2136663Funny you should say about fish as I am planning to cook up a fish pie tomorrow evening!!

I wish to god I could say to myself I can just have a couple drinks a couple times a month....but I just know that I'm not going to manage to carry that off. It's a tough one.[/QUOTE]

Fish Pie? What's that?

Yep.... "tough" is underrated, huh?! "Just for today.... I won't drink"..... "I concede to my innermost self, I AM ALCOHOLIC"!!!!

You are great, El Chup!

Glad to know you in cyber world!
Old 03-05-2009, 09:32 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
It's time to change!

What's up with the computer? Is it ME or is it electronics?
Old 03-09-2009, 06:26 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Worn out by booze

Originally Posted by nickishine View Post
Fish Pie? What's that?

Yep.... "tough" is underrated, huh?! "Just for today.... I won't drink"..... "I concede to my innermost self, I AM ALCOHOLIC"!!!!

You are great, El Chup!

Glad to know you in cyber world!
Fish pie be salmon, smoked cod, king prawns, celery, spinach and carrot baked with olive oil & nutmeg mash on top!

Will, I'm still not drinking. But, know what, I still feel weak and exhuasted. I have no shakes or anxiety, but I still feel depressed and just want to sleep. I also still have the strange headache on the left side of my head.
Old 03-09-2009, 07:25 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

MMM Fish pie, I love it, even if it does have vegetables in it, I am such a child in my eating habits!

Its great to hear you are still sober, those symptoms you are feeling are very familiar to me, (well maybe not the headache, but even sober people get headaches lol).

When I have felt like this in the past it has been oh so easy to drink to get immediate relief, at the moment I'm trying to deal with my desire for instant gratification.

I don't have to feel fine every minute of the day, sure it would be good, but its not going to happen, it doesn't happen for non drinkers and so why should I expect it!!

Don't drink however crappy you feel because you will only feel worse tomorrow and then drink again to get over that, lol we have to stop at some point, now seems like the best time for you (and me).

Hope that didn't come across as meaningless drivel I know what I mean even if I can't articulate it very well!
Old 03-09-2009, 10:32 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
vicieux extraordinaire

Originally Posted by ElChupacabra View Post
Fish pie be salmon, smoked cod, king prawns, celery, spinach and carrot baked with olive oil & nutmeg mash on top!

Will, I'm still not drinking. But, know what, I still feel weak and exhuasted. I have no shakes or anxiety, but I still feel depressed and just want to sleep. I also still have the strange headache on the left side of my head.
Hey Chupacabra!

That sounds like a hell of a dish! Glad to hear you are doing great and eating properly
(and deliciously i might add - f*ck i would love to have a meal like that!)

Well, weird things happen to me through detox and i now feeling myself a bit down and out, sleepy as hell and with not much energy to do anything, but i am just taking it as it comes and not fighting those much: i try to cheer myself up with movies and books, sleeping a few hours more than i should and whatnot! The head feels kinda tight - not like a headache, but sorta tight. If anything is bothering much, go to the doc and get something to make it through it

Keep it up and all the best, mate!
Old 03-10-2009, 07:15 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Worn out by booze

Well, there's the big revelation! I have had a drink since I started detox!

I had one beer on Saturday. But, you know what? I didn't want any more. I was so sick of feeling ill that I actually controlled it. Aside from that one beer I have not drunk for the past 9 days, so I'd say that's something of an achievement. I am, at present, finally feeling a bit like my old self so hopefully I am now on the full road to recovery. No more booze ups for me!

I feel like I have my life back.
Old 03-10-2009, 07:27 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Worn out by booze

Originally Posted by AlkalikeH View Post
Hey Chupacabra!

That sounds like a hell of a dish! Glad to hear you are doing great and eating properly
(and deliciously i might add - f*ck i would love to have a meal like that!)
It's dead easy. I did as follows:-

1 carrot
2 celeray sticks
1 chilli
A good handful of spinach
150g of grated cheddar
300g of undyed smoked cod (frankly you could use smoked or unsmoked haddock or any other similar white fish)
300g of salmon fillet
150g tiger prawn tails
1kg of potatoes (I use white potatoes for mash)
About 4 to 5 sprigs of Parsley
Ground nutmeg.

Grate the veg and cheese into a good sized overproof dish suitable for a pie. Cube the fish and add to the mixture together with the prawns. Chop the parsley and add to the mixture. Finally add the spinach unchopped (although you could always chop it, it doesn't make much difference since it wilts). Add s few good glugs of olive oil and sald & black papers and mix the mixture together with your hands. Put aside in the fridge.

Now cook your mash. Peel and cube the potatoes and then boil them for about 10 to 15 mins in salted water. Once that's done, drain and mash the spuds. Before mashing I add salt and block pepper, a knob of butter, a couple glugs of extra virgin olive oil and a teeaspoon of ground nutmeg for flavour. Then get the pie from the fridge and even out the mash on top. Then grate a little, not a lot, more cheddar on top for a little extra flavour and shove in the oven at 200 degrees for about 40 mins or until the top has browned to your liking.

It's great. I want to read reports of you guys trying it out!!!
Old 03-10-2009, 08:22 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  
vicieux extraordinaire

Originally Posted by ElChupacabra View Post
Well, there's the big revelation! I have had a drink since I started detox!

I had one beer on Saturday. But, you know what? I didn't want any more. I was so sick of feeling ill that I actually controlled it. Aside from that one beer I have not drunk for the past 9 days, so I'd say that's something of an achievement. I am, at present, finally feeling a bit like my old self so hopefully I am now on the full road to recovery. No more booze ups for me!

I feel like I have my life back.
Hey mate! Glad to hear from you day in day out!

Thanks for the recipe! I literally drank up all my money so now i am just paying debts and living through cheap burgers! Not the first time or the last one that will happen i guess but once the pans start flying back on the kitchen i will try that one out - sounds outstandingly delicious!

Good stuff, man! You might get some moderated heat / comments on that one beer but i say "awesome!" - i personally cannot juggle with that one anymore but if you can control it, then more power to you! and if you already know what is like to be down and out through the bottle and donīt want to be back into that situation then you know you need to be careful and safe from now on! Anyways, thanks for the honesty and for sharing!

All the best and keep on truckinī
Old 03-10-2009, 08:23 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Can I just buy one from Marks please I don't do the cooking thing!
Old 03-12-2009, 03:36 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Worn out by booze

Originally Posted by allport View Post
Can I just buy one from Marks please I don't do the cooking thing!
No, this one's really easy!!! Get grating man!!!