Notices

Oh god, I don't think I'll get there.

Old 03-03-2009, 07:56 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Worn out by booze

Originally Posted by Fubarcdn View Post
If it is that bad perhaps you should go to the ER. It is probably not a good idea to drive in the condition you appear to be in. Please let us know hpw you are doing as soon as you get back on the computer. I know this may be hard to believe but we are all truly worried about you and your health. I know that is strange but that is what we do around here.
I am back at home - I didn't drive as I use the train to get to and from work. I feeling marginally better now. I have minor shakes, a little weakness, mild nausea, fatigue and a rather unpleasant dull ache in the back of my neck. I really don't think I am in need of ER as I just don't think my drinking was heavy enough (I don't drink spirits) or for too sustained a period. I think thge main problem as to why its so bad this time is that no only am I withdrawing but I also think I basically burnt myself out this time.
Old 03-03-2009, 08:03 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

No advice except rest as much as possible and drink lots and lots of water.
Maybe taker a hot bath for those aches and a ibuprofen.
I am not a drinker..So I dont know. Hope you feel better soon.
Old 03-03-2009, 08:37 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
vicieux extraordinaire

Hey Chupacabra,

Glad you did not drove. And glad you are sticking to the decision of not drinking.

Who the hell knows how it all happens? it is progressive and uncertain, i don´t know.
I had months were i only drank rum, bottle after bottle and felt great. Then you
say "i will switch to beer" and prolly drink the same amount, alcohol-volume or unit-wise
so you are still fu**ed in that sense - so don´t question yourself that. The withdrawal symptoms are
there - means there is a problem. Get some help to get through with it!

Some medical assistance will definitively help you through!

Keep it up and get better, man!
Old 03-03-2009, 08:47 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Worn out by booze

I'm not taking painkillers, maybe I should. I'm just trying to "ride it out". I've a strong belief that if I can last through until Thursday then I will be feeling good. I feel like I'm going through the storm before the calm, if you will. I had a tense stomach and a watery mouth a few mins ago, which is anew one, but then I am feeling that much worse than usual.
Old 03-03-2009, 08:58 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
vicieux extraordinaire

Originally Posted by ElChupacabra View Post
I'm not taking painkillers, maybe I should. I'm just trying to "ride it out". I've a strong belief that if I can last through until Thursday then I will be feeling good. I feel like I'm going through the storm before the calm, if you will. I had a tense stomach and a watery mouth a few mins ago, which is anew one, but then I am feeling that much worse than usual.
Hmmm. Not really painkillers. Maybe a mild dosage of benzos. Helped me with the rum fits.

The last one i had i was shaking and making noises like the little ball inside a spray paint can,
so they did helped. Then the rest came naturally and also
through endurance and wanting not to have a drink. Complicated yet simple.

Like Least said, there is no loss of dignity or anything. Sounds like you are good,
but by far we, through our screens, do not really know! So it is always
recommended to have some medical supervision. I have gone through a
bunch of these "alcohol breaks" and made them on my own or surrendered
when things got ******.

Is a cliché but "you do not have to go through this alone!"

This comes from a lonely barroom tattoed f**k like me. All the best!
Old 03-03-2009, 10:08 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Worn out by booze

^ I appreciate your comments, tats or not!
Old 03-03-2009, 10:20 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
It's time to change!

Keep hangin' in there.... It's always darkest before the dawn and now the sun is startin' to seep through the clouds!!

Just for today.... don't drink or use and life will be truly happening for ya!

:ghug3
Old 03-03-2009, 10:23 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Worn out by booze

^ Yeah, the shakes are definately subsiding now so hopefully the headache and anxiety will begin to fade soon after. I can feel my enegy coming back as well.

Roll on day 3....
Old 03-03-2009, 10:25 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Resident

Sounds like you are doing OK and are through the worst of it.
What is your plan to remain sober?
Old 03-03-2009, 10:30 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Worn out by booze

Originally Posted by Fubarcdn View Post
Sounds like you are doing OK and are through the worst of it.
What is your plan to remain sober?
Well, for want of following your avatar my plan is not to drink! However, beyond that I intend to seek help from former drinkers about how it is to manage the lifestyle change.
Old 03-03-2009, 10:39 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Resident

You made me smile EL. Things are already looking up when your sense of humor is working well.
Old 03-03-2009, 11:06 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Worn out by booze

^ Yeah, I am definately improving. I am seeing an old friend who has been diagnosed with cancer on Saturday for thr first time in 2 years and there's no way I'm going to be an ******** and ruin his evening by turning up and being ill with my own self-inflicted illness. By day 6 I should be fine. I've not had a day 6 yet where I've still been withdrawing.

As fot sense pf humour, I find that the sheer buzz I gwt from being to really improve often helps to negate the depressive qualities of the booze.
Old 03-03-2009, 10:29 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome back to SR ...glad to see you are trying again
Old 03-04-2009, 12:31 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Worn out by booze

Well, its the morning of day 3 and I am seemingly on the mend. Didn't sleep for that long but what I got was fairly uniterrupted, which is good. I'm gonna rest up for the next few days and then will hopefully be good to go!
Old 03-04-2009, 12:38 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

congrats on getting thru withdrawal! Just take it one day at a time - just don't drink for today. You can do this!:ghug3
Old 03-04-2009, 12:40 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Oh geez... everything you have said here rings so true for me. I have never had a detox episode that brought on the shakes or anything, but today I did lay in bed for two full hours in the afternoon and could not lay still. I was rubbing my feet together, changing sides, re-arranging blankets. Nothing was comfortable. Couple that kind of hangover with guilt from the night before... sheer hell.

We can do this! Other people have done this, and we are not bad people. We suffer from addiction. Everyone on this forum has joined for the same reason, and we can be here for each other. I wish you well and support your wishes for recovery. Peace.
Old 03-05-2009, 01:29 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Worn out by booze

Well, day four here. I'm feelikng quite a bit better. Had a reasonably good night's sleep and aside from a little weakness, minor depression and fatigue I am otherwise feeling pretty good. I am beginning to look forward to functioning properly this weekend!!
Old 03-05-2009, 04:46 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

I'm happy for you. In a few weeks you'll be golden.
Isn't being hangover-free a great feeling? It's like that first day you start feeling human again.
(((((((((((((((((BIG HUGS))))))))))))))))))
Old 03-05-2009, 06:20 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
vicieux extraordinaire

AWESOMENESS!!

Congrats on the 4th day man! it does get better (and less foggy!)

Get a multivitamin supplement, like with all the B vitamins (especially B12!), that should help!
If you like fish i would suggest that you indulge in it too, and plenty of fresh lemonade!

And rest a lot! someone here (sorry, cannot remember!) said "take detox as if it were the flu!" -
take a break, lay down, watch movies, eat properly and enjoy sobriety!

Awesome that you are still here! All the best!

Old 03-05-2009, 09:19 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Worn out by booze

^ Yup, now feeling even better. Justf a bit tired and have a bit of a dull headache in the left back side of my head/neck area. Aanyhow, a good night's sleep and I'm sure I will be in good order tomorrow!

Funny you should say about fish as I am planning to cook up a fish pie tomorrow evening!!

Course, now comes the hard part....convincing myself that I can't go and drink like a "normal" person. This has ben my greatest challenge so far. The lifestyle change. I wish to god I could say to myself I can just have a couple drinks a couple times a month....but I just know that I'm not going to manage to carry that off. It's a tough one.