Notices

I'm turning into a tight wad.

Old 01-24-2009, 12:38 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I think alot of people are!
There was a time we would provide alcohol to everyone that came to visit, put on BBQ's every weekend. Was not uncommon to spend over $100 a weekend on booze.

Now You bring your own & my kids are lucky if they get real meat a couple times a week.
Old 01-24-2009, 12:46 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by chiynita View Post
If you guys have ever watched Everybody hates Chris. And seen how the dad is so cheap. Talking about close the refridgerator door. You let out 85 cents of cold air. LOL..Thats me.

I would spend hundreds. Sometimes thousands in a matter of days using without hesitation. NOW...I will break it down to pennies. Thast right. Dont cook so much food at once. I dont care if we are eating meatloaf for 3 days. Finish what was cooked before making anything else. Measure the dam laundry soap and softener. Make sure that garbage bag is to capacity before changing it. I am getting so bad. My gram is about to knock me out.
It is good to be like that to a point. But I think I am getting a little extreme. Alot extreme actually. I am not turning my underwear inside out and wearing them the next day tho. I havent gone that far . But I am getting on my own nerves.
Anyone else turn into a tight ass when they stop using?

Thanks for the laugh! I admit I am going to have to become this way, as I am out of a job and these are some tough times. All in all, you sound like you are smart to me. Does that make me a tight wad? I try to keep the heat down, wear a sweater, eat ramen noodles, and feel guilty for spending $6.60 on a pack of cigs (that's one of my other addictions). I think in this economic climate, one can never be too frugal. In fact, I used to be on this early-retirement forum where there was an entire thread devoted to ways to save money. So far, I don't re-use foil, but maybe it's not such a bad idea.