Notices

I need help...I'm seeking a support network

Old 01-07-2009, 07:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I need help...I'm seeking a support network

I have been struggling with my addiction to alcohol as far back as 2001..This past week...I'm hoping I succumbed to "my bottom"...

I'm not sure how to communicate within this forum...I keep trying and get no responses...I'm looking for help and a support network...Please contact me...Sandra
Old 01-07-2009, 07:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You found a great resource for support.

Please define "communicate within this forum". You posted. What are you trying to do other than post?
Old 01-07-2009, 07:46 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Precious, I am fairly new here too. You have found a great place. Keep posting, you will have alot of support here.
Old 01-07-2009, 08:08 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

Hi Precious, and welcome to SR. Please take some time to look around and read a lot. You'll find the "sticky" threads at the top of the forums very useful. I think you figured out how to communicate here... You posted! Keep it up, there's a great support system here.
Old 01-08-2009, 12:07 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi, Sandra - I am a Sandra too.
Please be patient. I usually write a response and go and do something - clean the bathroom mirror, check my emails, unpack the dishwasher - and come back and check later.
Don't give up...on this forum, I mean.
Old 01-08-2009, 12:17 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I need some help too

I am 25 years old and have a serious alcohol problem. No one Knows how bad my drinking is . I am so scared for my life and really can't tell anyone close to me. Maybe we can relate
Old 01-08-2009, 03:44 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Precious....cole
Welcome to SR

I do find SR is a valuable resource as a supplement
to my local AA committment.

Good to see new members
Old 01-08-2009, 03:54 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Precious...

Here is the link to your other post...
click on the line below to see it

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...p-support.html
Old 01-08-2009, 04:32 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Old 01-08-2009, 05:34 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks for replying. When I said "communicating within this forum" I'm would like to chat in the chat room, post here....but am still trying to figure out how to use this.

I still need to fill out a profile.

Cole...yes we can relate as I'm sure many others can as well. I'm drinking everyday....straight alcohol and alot of it. I was taken last Thursday ( New Years Day ) to the emergency room because my husband could not wake me up as he found me on the floor, barely breathing. I have no memory of all the emergency personal being here and my husband says it was very chaotic. They were yelling at me trying to get me to talk. No memory of that...or the ambulance ride or arriving at the ER. I started waking up while they were trying to hook me up to an ekg machine...I was fighting them and had been fighting them when they picked me up at home...No memory of any of that. My blood was drawn at the ER and at that time it was .34. I haven't heard what it was when the ambulance arrived at my home.....I was held for 24 hours in a behavioral center. I'm still drinking and if my husband new it would break his heart. He believes me when I told him I learned my lesson. If this event doesn't teach me a lesson.....I don't know what will......I never ever had any addiction up until 71/2 years ago when I learned my husband had an affair. The only thing that helped me was some wine I had in the house. I kept using it and here I am today. Once I post this I'm not sure how to find your replies...your replies and support are very important to me. I found this as I received an e-mail with a link to this page. Thank-you to all of you for replying. I really do appreciate it.....Precious
Old 01-08-2009, 03:39 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I am not sure how all of this works either but after i post this I will try to navigate around and see if I could figure it out and then we could communicate better :ghug3
Old 01-08-2009, 03:46 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

To get replies, you can either just keep checking back periodically or you can subscribe to the thread. The forum will then send you an email whenever there is a reply. To do that, scroll up to the top of the thread (at the top of the first post - yours) in the blue bar and click on "Thread Tools". Then click on "Subscribe to this thread". You can then manage your subscriptions from your User CP (control panel). There's a link to that in the top LEFT corner of the blue menu bar.

Otherwise it looks like you've got it figured out! Chat causes some people some problems sometimes. There's a Sticky post about it - check that out. It generally works fine for me, though.

Now that the technical stuff has been covered...

Wow. Sounds like you had a pretty big scare. How come you're still drinking? Do you WANT to quit? Do you have a plan? We will definitely support you, but you're the only one who can quit. Hugs.
Old 01-08-2009, 03:56 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi,

I'm glad you found us and there is lots of support here.

I hope you will be inspired to stop drinking.
Old 01-08-2009, 04:02 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome Cole & Precious - it's so wonderful you've joined us. Thanks to SR I'm almost a year sober, and I was like you Precious - drinking huge amounts almost 24/7 in the end. It never made me relaxed or happy in the end, but I kept trying for that euphoric feeling I once had. I didn't have anyone to relate to, none of my friends or family have a problem, and I was so alone with it until I came here. Congratulations on wanting a new life without the poison.
Old 01-09-2009, 09:04 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

HI Trying so Hard......That name sounds like me trying so hard to figure this site out. Anna has helped me alot. I just don't have the time to be on here like I need to be right now. I clicked on thread tools and there is no "Subscribe to this thread" anywhere. Also there is a box on that page telling me I cannot post, edit, reply or anything on here. Not sure what is going on..I can try asking Anne if you're not available.

Cole the only way we can communicate from what I can see is just by this thread. the way I understand we have to have posted 25 times before we can send Private Messages. Not sure if I'm understanding that correctly.

Anybody have any suggestions? Thanks....Precious
Old 01-09-2009, 10:53 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

Hmm, almost sounded like you weren't logged in if it was saying you couldn't post/reply/etc. And if you don't see "Subscribe to Thread" under thread tools, do you see "Unsubscribe to Thread"? If so, you're already subscribed.

I think you only have to post 5 times to be able to send PMs but I'm not positive about that. Look in the Forum Help and Troubleshooting section, as well as reading the Sticky threads at the top of each forum.

How are you feeling today?
Old 01-09-2009, 11:00 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

Welcome to the site

Lot of good loving and supportive people on here that, will give out the best advice they can to you
Old 01-09-2009, 11:40 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Hi TSH.....Thank-you for asking how I'm feeling...My days are normally ok...although I'm tired so much because of the drinking. I usually start drinking anywhere from 3pm to 5pm..through 9 to 10pm..I'm hoping I can start chatting with people and get the "kick in the butt I so desperatly needing right now"....

I did figure out the problem with this site not working. When I signed on I clicked on Restricted Sites instead of Trusted sites....Anna helped me by sending me some links.

Gosh was I getting frustrated.....Oh..yey...I need to start cleaning house. Oh I so love doing that....I'm sure just as much as you do.

When I get some time....I'll find where you and others who have replied to me posted from the beginning so I can learn more about you all and learn your stories. Precious
Old 01-09-2009, 11:42 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Precious,

Glad you got the techie things straightened out.

To read a person's background posts, just click on the User Name and the drop down menu will offer you a choice Find Posts by...