Notices

I am new here and am looking for help and support

Old 01-06-2009, 07:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I am new here and am looking for help and support

I've been struggling for 71/2 years with my addiction to alcohol. New Years Day I feel was my bottom....I am so looking for a support group..Please let me know if this on-line support group is what I'm looking for...Thanks for your time....Sandra
Old 01-06-2009, 07:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Definitely it is!

keep coming back and posting, reading and meeting new people! It has helped me be sober for 84 days now from drinking everyday so it works!

Welcome to SR:-)
Old 01-06-2009, 07:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome Precious, there is lots of help here....
Old 01-06-2009, 07:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

Hi there, and welcome to SR. If you're looking for support, you will love it here.
Old 01-06-2009, 08:05 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

This is a wonderful place full of great caring supportive people. There is alot of knowledge and experience here as well.
Stick around.

Old 01-06-2009, 08:34 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome, I am so glad you are here.

Keep coming back.
Old 01-06-2009, 08:34 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome!!
Just keep coming back, reach out, don't be afraid to ask any question. The only stupid question is the one not asked! There is a world of experience strength and hope here. In time you may consider other physical meetings, AA/NA, etc. Do whatever you must in the meantime, just don't drink!! We are all here for you.....There is always someone around, your resources are endless! Hang in there, it WILL work!!!!!!
Old 01-06-2009, 09:58 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome!

I'm sure anyone here will help you if they can.
Old 01-07-2009, 12:27 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome, Precious. I have just started posting today and already feel like it's the best place for me to be. I have already gotten so many ideas and so much inspiration. Good luck.
Old 01-07-2009, 04:17 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Yes, it is what you are looking for, welcome!
Old 01-07-2009, 06:06 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Sandra,

Welcome and this is a great place for support and information.
Old 01-07-2009, 06:09 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I agree that this is a wonderful place for support and good advice. Keep coming back!:ghug3
Old 01-07-2009, 07:54 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

A resounding yes this is a great community of caring people who have been there, are there and are getting there. 20 days of sobriety after 23 years of drinking, and the support of the people on this board, even just reading others posts has been an inspiration. So yes Sandra stay here and stay strong. And to all on this board thank you!
Old 01-08-2009, 05:47 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. Thank-You so much for replying. I just found this thread because I received an e-mail for the administrator. I'm trying to learn how the forum works. I do need help and support. I"ve been drinking heavily for 71/2 years and last week you would think was my bottom as I was taken by ambulance to the ER because my husband found me barely breathing. I lost 3-4 hours with no memory of the many emergency personal in my house...transporting me to the ER.....and being in the ER for quite some time....my BAL was .34 when drawn at the hospital...I don't know if it was taken when I was picked up to be transported....I'm sure it was much higher. Why am I still drinking today?? No...I'm not drinking right now...I'll probably start again tonite...I'm so tired of being tired...I'm tired all the time...I look terrible..dark circles...gained weight as I'm to tired to excercise...I used to be so very fit and watched everything I ate and never had a drinking problem until I used alcohol to get over learning my husband had been having an affair 71/2 years ago......Thank-you to you all for replying...I'm seeking help and feel this is the place for me....but am having trouble figuring out how to find these threads and or to use the forum itself. I tried to enter the chat room....I have no clue how to use that option....so I gave up yesterday. I found out you all were replying because I received an e-mail directing me with a link to this post....Thanks again....
Old 01-08-2009, 06:13 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
No more merlot, more mamma

Welcome!
Old 01-08-2009, 06:22 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hi Precious and welcome to Sr. So glad you found us. I can connect with the cheating husband, been there a few times, and drank the feelings away. Keep coming back to this forum as you can see you have a ton of support here. I found AA and it is helping me to stay sober if not for AA I am sure I would be drinking right now.
Just take it one dat at a time.
Old 01-08-2009, 07:17 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Thriving sober since 12/18/08

Glad you found us here

That story sounds frighteningly similar to mine. In the ER my bac was .56, it was .37 when they finally let me go home.

I did drink again.. and flirted with death, yet again. Then I realized I am not in control, and I have not power over the addiction, other than abstaining and getting help.

That's worked for 3 weeks now.. and I have no desire to drink. Today.

Old 01-08-2009, 07:45 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Precious, you can do it, there is hope!!((hugs))
Old 01-09-2009, 10:20 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Hello everyone....Thanks so much for your responses. I've been trying to learn how to navigate this site. From what I'm reading from all of you and others as well...this is definately the site for me.....I won't be able to answer anyone personally until I believe I've posted 15 times. I posted twice using the same title of the thread under this forum...that was an oops and learning on my part. I thought I was posting a thread under a new forum...So for all of you who are wondering why I double posted that is why. Anna has been a huge help for me. She's been very patient as I've been asking her alot of questions.

Flutter...I am surprised they sent you home with a .37 bal...I wasn't even coherent at a bal of .34. I still do not understand what happened that night...because I've drank that much before or more...I don't do any drugs. The only thing I can think of is that I hadn't had anything to eat since noon that afternoon...Anyhow....that is not my focus...I need to get focused on sobriety and talking with all of you will help me I hope...I need to reprogram my mind...Maybe I'll post a new thread about that....Thanks for all of your support
Old 01-09-2009, 10:27 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Administrator

You can answer and send PMs after having 5 posts.