Notices

Trying to wrap my mind around this

Old 11-10-2008, 04:37 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Talking with therapist is probably a good idea.
Old 11-10-2008, 04:40 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thank you for posting so much bamboozle - who else am I going to talk to? This is just so bizare. I think I will sleep on it if my nerves let me and see how I feel in the morning.
To me like I said before it just does not seem possible. We have 4 wonderful, adjusted teens at home. Could something like this be going on under an unsuspicious roof?
Old 11-10-2008, 04:56 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Originally Posted by Toomutch View Post
Could something like this be going on under an unsuspicious roof?
I'm probably the wrong person to answer this one because I watch too much TV.

I think it's important to find someone impartial (and confidential) to assess this situation if you can.

I would imagine that your family already knows about the struggles you've gone through with alcohol abuse and understands the enormity of dealing with recovery (I hope). I also hope that they understand the gravity of telling you their concerns given the emotional turmoil you've already been through.

I don’t know your family, only you know them well. Have they ever brought up anything as remotely serious as this before?
Old 11-10-2008, 04:57 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

no they havn't.
Old 11-10-2008, 04:58 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

you can pm me about this thread asI am having it closed soon
Old 11-11-2008, 07:34 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I decided to not move forward with this and have my blood checked, at least for now. I got to thinking that it is just plain craziness. My husband may be controlling etc., but poisoning me - no way.

I hope you don't all think I'm a nut job for posting this in the first place. But I think under the same circumstances, some of you may have done the same thing.

I went to my IOP yesterday morning, went to hobby lobby to start a craft. I was so happy, and then met them for lunch and felt like I was in the twilight zone for the rest of the day.

I'm not mad at my family - they have never really trusted him. I think instead of just excepting that I get sick alot it is easier for them to use their vivid imaginations.

Thanks for listening to all this garbage.
Old 11-11-2008, 07:50 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Ah Suzette - I am victim to vivid imagination. I know how your family feels.

A little off topic, but what craft are you starting? I have picked up knitting again and am having fun with it. Its that time of year where we move inside and become creative.
Old 11-11-2008, 07:51 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

TooMutch, I see that you aren't going to pursue this at this point. I have a friend who's husband was definitely poisoning her, he had put arsenic in the flour, in the milk, in everything in the kitchen. The way she truly found out was a test that was done on a strand of her hair. Apparently, they can tell how long it had been going on....similar to how trees have "rings" to show their age, your hair can tell. She had been being poisoned for over 6 months. My friend is now divorced, after her husband decided to drive through the kitchen in their SUV to try to kill her. He is in prison now, thank goodness!

Anyway, just thought I'd throw that out there. Best wishes to you! And, I do hope that your family is wrong.

Honu
Old 11-11-2008, 08:06 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Horsie - I am going to be sanding, painting and re-upolstering two high back stools that I had when I owned my coffee shop. We just had our basement finished and they will come in handy down there. Up until now, they have been dust collectors.
I will have to go out into the cold to sand and paint, but then I can come in where it is warm to re-upolster.
Old 11-11-2008, 09:04 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Okay Suzette - that's waaaaaaaay beyond my capabilities. Would love to see pictures of them before and after. Very cool!
Old 11-11-2008, 09:08 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I really don't think he's doing that.
Old 11-13-2008, 04:40 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Hey, Toomutch, I don't think you're crazy for posting that. I think you're smart for talking about it. Take it easy, okay?
Old 11-13-2008, 07:53 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

I mentioned this in IOP yesterday and word got through to my therapist. She called me this morning and wants to meet with me tomorrow.

I was going to dissmiss this whole thing, but now the cat's out of the bag.
Old 11-13-2008, 08:27 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Hey TooMuch,

Remember to keep in mind that its possible that you're being exposed to poisons or toxins from another source, and that it doesn't necessarily have to be your husband, or anyone at all who may be exposing you.

People encounter toxins and poisons by accident sometimes.