Notices

Trying to wrap my mind around this

Old 11-10-2008, 03:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Trying to wrap my mind around this

I debated even posting this or not, because it is just down right strange. My brother called me last Thurs. saying he needed to meet with me, I asked why and he said he would not disscuss it over the phone to meet.

Well today we finally met along with my mom, and they told me that they think I need to have some blood drawn to see if my husband is poisoning me...WTF!!!

I guess within a 2 week period they + my sister have had this run through their minds all though on seperate occassion's and usually when my mom has a strong feeling about something, a similar thing is taking place.

I dont know whether to laugh or scream, it's got me feeling crazy right now.

Input?
Old 11-10-2008, 03:43 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

Um... wow. That is very odd.

I don't know what's more odd... that they told you this, or that all three of them have had the same thought on separate occasions. What on earth could be making them think your husband is trying to poison you?!? (I understand if you don't want to post an answer to that, I just had to say it.)

That is just mind-blowing. I don't know what to say to that.

*hugs*
Old 11-10-2008, 03:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Well...it would be your call toomuch...I guess if it were me I would have to ask myself if my family were really a little off or if it is a reasonable although far from likely concern.

I have been told that it is crazy to not have an aids test or require that of a potential sex partner cause I trust them...different ... but maybe the same.

Also, isn't it possible that if there is a posin of some sort involved it could be due to exposure that has nothing to do with the hubby...just some sort of accidental exposure.

Sorry you are having to deal with all this TM. I would be pretty wigged out if my family said something like that
Old 11-10-2008, 03:46 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

They think it's the reason I am always getting sick, and they say my eyes have been looking very strange.

I dont believe it at all, but the asked if I would please have it checked out.

I already have so much I am dealing with right now, I don't think that they would have brought it up if they didn't feel very strongly about it.
Old 11-10-2008, 03:48 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

What motivation could your husband have for doing this? Does he prepare all the meals in the home? What about the rest of the family? Wouldn't the rest of the family be exhibiting similar symptoms?
Old 11-10-2008, 03:51 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
What motivation could your husband have for doing this? Does he prepare all the meals in the home? What about the rest of the family? Wouldn't the rest of the family be exhibiting similar symptoms?
He does cater to me alot, but I just do not believe that this could be happening. I just dont.

My brother is one to let his mind take things a bit to far, but for my sister and mom to say anything makes me wonder.
Old 11-10-2008, 03:53 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Well - this is just very strange - but you know your situation best. Talk to your doctor if you feel that their concerns have merit, and have some blood drawn. I hope you aren't going to mention this to your husband?
Old 11-10-2008, 03:54 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Well, Suzette, stranger things have happened.

It could be that your family feels they have legitimate concerns and that you don't see what is going on.

As others have said, if you think your family has anything at all to base this on, then maybe you should give it some more thought.
Old 11-10-2008, 03:57 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

No - I would never say this to my husband, he would probably be very hurt. I don't really want to act on it, but I'm afraid now I will be paranoid if I don't.

I kind of want to blow the whole thing off, because if I were to have a blood draw, it would just feel wrong. How would I feel if his family said this about me? Awful!
Old 11-10-2008, 04:02 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

maybe see what the doctor has to say about your eyes?
Old 11-10-2008, 04:02 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

maybe it's "the new light in my eyes"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-10-2008, 04:03 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think you're right not to worry - wouldn't they have checked yr blood when you had the operation recently Suzette? or as part of any of the other medical issues you've had recently?

If there were irregularities they would have shown up I'm sure

D
Old 11-10-2008, 04:04 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Toomutch:

I don't want to alarm you, but does your husband know about this site and what your screen name is?

I know it's not my business, but have you asked your family why they think that poisoning is the reason behind your physical problems?

I have no idea what to tell you.

What does your gut tell you to do?

Big hugs.
Old 11-10-2008, 04:10 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I dont know what to do.

Things were just barely beginning to go well for me and now this has to be dropped in my lap.
Old 11-10-2008, 04:11 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
If there were irregularities they would have shown up I'm sure

D

Look, I know I'm not a doctor/expert (and I'm not trying to scare you, Toomutch), but I think that certain toxins must be specifically tested for. Simple blood tests may not be sufficient.

Toomutch, you could ask your doctor (as a hypothetical question) what kind of testing would be involved in determining whether or not there are toxins present. Maybe you should get a professional opinion from your doctor. Whatever you do, I wish you well.
Old 11-10-2008, 04:21 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Also, maybe you should float this thing by a therapist as soon as possible.
Old 11-10-2008, 04:22 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I will be seeing my therapist next week.
Old 11-10-2008, 04:23 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Is there someone you can talk to who knows you well, has neutral feelings about your husband, and can give you an objective viewpoint? A good friend?
Old 11-10-2008, 04:32 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Most of my friend already have bad opinions of him, so I think speaking to my therapist is best. I think I will call her tomorrow.
Old 11-10-2008, 04:33 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Look, I'm sorry I'm posting so much...

No matter what you do, please be safe. If you are not sure what it is your "gut" is telling you, then please reach out to your family and medical professionals for help.