Notices

tackling my addiction

Old 10-22-2008, 01:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

tackling my addiction

Hello all, i am new to this forum and the whole idea of talking to others about this...since i'm pretty reserved and keep things to myself. I've been abusing Adderall for the past year or so, for some reason it makes me smoke cigarettes...because when i'm not on it i don't smoke? lol. As far as drug exposure i smoke weed occasionally and i have tried painkillers(prescription for injury). For the past seven days I've been completely free from all drugs...meaning no coffee...no cigarettes no adderall...nothing. It was painful at first but i am willing to try keep it up...though temptation is everywhere since i'm a college student. As far as drinking...i do when i go out, but even then i noticed it wasn't how it used to be, the adderall would make me super alert and then drain me down so i didn't feel upbeat at all. I'm just happy to know that i was able to go a week and i needed to tell somebody. This forum looks like a good place to discuss and tackle these issues.
I came to realize that the addiction wasn't the worst thing....its the MESS i have to clean up after i realized how bad this cycle was...my grades are suffering, I've become withdrawn from friends and interests i used to have (sports etc).
Old 10-22-2008, 02:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Adderall isn't the most powerful of stimulants, so I don't think this addiction is going to be so brutal to tackle on they physical side. I would still recommend talking to a doctor nonetheless. As far as quitting everything at once goes, I think that may be a bit much. Don't deny yourself a cup of coffee if you want one.
Old 10-22-2008, 07:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

You certainly are making wise decisions
that will enhance your future...

Glad you are here and Welcome!
Old 10-22-2008, 07:50 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

Welcome Tropical to SR! Glad that you found and us and have decided to make the decision to take another path in your life!

Please take a peek around the other forums and the stickies at the top of the forums are filled with a wealth of information! Please keep posting and let us know how you are doing! Know that you are not alone on this journey!