View Single Post
Old 10-22-2008, 01:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
tropical

tackling my addiction

Hello all, i am new to this forum and the whole idea of talking to others about this...since i'm pretty reserved and keep things to myself. I've been abusing Adderall for the past year or so, for some reason it makes me smoke cigarettes...because when i'm not on it i don't smoke? lol. As far as drug exposure i smoke weed occasionally and i have tried painkillers(prescription for injury). For the past seven days I've been completely free from all drugs...meaning no coffee...no cigarettes no adderall...nothing. It was painful at first but i am willing to try keep it up...though temptation is everywhere since i'm a college student. As far as drinking...i do when i go out, but even then i noticed it wasn't how it used to be, the adderall would make me super alert and then drain me down so i didn't feel upbeat at all. I'm just happy to know that i was able to go a week and i needed to tell somebody. This forum looks like a good place to discuss and tackle these issues.
I came to realize that the addiction wasn't the worst thing....its the MESS i have to clean up after i realized how bad this cycle was...my grades are suffering, I've become withdrawn from friends and interests i used to have (sports etc).