Notices

Just a quite trivial question really.

Old 10-26-2008, 02:58 AM
  # 121 (permalink)  
Sober since 9th May 2008

Just finished the 6 miles with the fish this morning.

Trout struggled a bit on the steep climbs, sad to report that Haddock had a nasty fall as well, nothing we could do, least it was quick and he didn't suffer, he'll be nice dressed in some breadcrumbs with some crusty bread and butter for lunch anyway's.
Old 10-26-2008, 03:04 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  
Sober since 9th May 2008

Look what I've found !!!!!!!!!!!

YouTube - Fish Bike
Old 10-26-2008, 03:10 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  
Sober since 9th May 2008

Originally Posted by ananda View Post
I bet we could get them to go in and change the name of the thread if we asked nice!
Kind o quite like the name the way it is.

The kiddies in the know, know the score with it.

Its all about, quarter gallans of voddie, cyling, dodgy ITV quiz shows, fishes, shopping in tescos, Stevie G, motorbike helmets rugby, France, the roman empire, eupopean footie, the meaning of life, ogling lassies on a saturday night,............................................ ..
Old 10-26-2008, 03:24 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  
Sober since 9th May 2008

Originally Posted by lostbutterfly View Post
I used to hide the bottles under cardboard so my neighbours didn't see it. Didn't work on windy days!
AAAAGH The old days for me.

I'd sneak the bottles into the house and I'd sneak them out again ( empty of course ).

Then I'd panic that I'd forgot one !!!!!!!!!

Found an empty half bottle of vodka in my golf bag a couple of weeks back.

So much easier now, used to be hiding full half bottles of vodka, then hiding empty half bottles of vodka, then disreetly disposing of half bottles of vodka.

Sad to say I never recycled them all, did some, some were just disposed of wherever I could.

The bin by the park, the layby bin, the odd hedge, the house 3 streets away's bin I passed on the way home etc etc etc
Old 10-26-2008, 03:50 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

Fizzy, how do you find these things?! I can't see that fish bike getting through London traffic very well!! Enjoy your lunch! Remember to pick the bike bits out first!

Timzup, gouramis are indeed tough fish. They are the only ones that have managed to survive my loving, drunken care! All the others have died, except for a plec, which is like the hoover of the aquatic world! I have loads of snails too - they are doing particularly well!

At the very height of my drunkeness, I thought I would rescue some unwanted rabbits and guinea pigs. The two guinea pigs have turned into five! You can't turn your back on them for a minute. I think I have separated them correctly into same sex groups, I sure as goodness hope so!
Old 10-26-2008, 03:54 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

Question for nands:

What is the Thanksgiving holiday for? Are you giving thanks for kicking the crazy British out of your country? Most countries in the world have a national holiday for this! Or is it just a general thanks?
Old 10-26-2008, 06:35 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  
Sober since 9th May 2008

Probably wrong but I thought Thanksgiving was kind of like our Harvest Festivals over here, not that you really get them over here anymore.

Maybe you do still get them, but I ain't seen one for ages, mind you ain't been to church in ages either and thats where you'd find one.

Remember them from school many years ago.
Old 10-26-2008, 06:39 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  
Sober since 9th May 2008

Toothless Thanksgiving

YouTube - Will It Blend? - Thanksgiving Dinner
Old 10-26-2008, 06:50 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  
Sober since 9th May 2008

Think I know how the 2 turned into 5 LB !!!!!!!!!!!!

YouTube - Re: Viola is in heat - Guinea Pigs mating!

What kind of people live out there ? I typed Guinea pigs mating into Youtube and about 20 options came up.
Old 10-26-2008, 07:56 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  

ok...actually we were still british when thanksgiving started....you are confusing it with independance day

Back in the pre-yanky era when we were still you...we went to the new world and planted some crops and were heading into our first winter.

Since we had yet to kill off the natives and were probably a little insecure about how we would make it through the winter...we threw a big howdy neibor party and invited the indians to dinner (where they showed us the joy of pop corn).

I suspect the native americans stopped celebrating this holiday once we began to slaughter them.

I was born on thanksgiving....no connection.
Old 10-26-2008, 07:57 AM
  # 131 (permalink)  

well I hid my bottles from myself. When mom came to clean and we were getting rid of all the hidden ones...she called them dead soldiers....but when she discovered that all my bottles were still in the brown bags, we started calling them dead soldiers in body bags! one of those if you didn't laugh you'de cry moments...my family is pretty good at that.
Old 10-26-2008, 07:59 AM
  # 132 (permalink)  

viola looks bored and her expereince seems to mirror many of my own...why bother to stop eating! The pesky ninny will go away soon
Old 10-26-2008, 08:00 AM
  # 133 (permalink)  

fizzy - you remind me of my friend josh.....compliment
Old 10-26-2008, 09:26 AM
  # 134 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

Thank you nands, that has been settled then. Independence day is when you kicked the Brits out, and Thanksgiving is the last time you were nice to the Indians, lol!!

Is that your pet hedgehog in your avatar? I've never known anyone to have a pet hedgehog before. Especially one with fairy wings and an easter bunny as a friend. Or are the wings rabbit ears?
Old 10-26-2008, 09:30 AM
  # 135 (permalink)  

I don't have a hedgy....I fell in love with them when we had one in our garden in England....so now i collect them...not real ones...stuffies, carvings, etc.

I think it is suppose to be the hedgy dressed as an easter bunny...I am using him for halloween, then back to the laughing one!

Old 10-26-2008, 10:14 AM
  # 136 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
Think I know how the 2 turned into 5 LB !!!!!!!!!!!!

What kind of people live out there ? I typed Guinea pigs mating into Youtube and about 20 options came up.

If I haven't separated them right, you're all getting a guinea pig for Christmas!
Old 10-26-2008, 10:15 AM
  # 137 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

nands, my little girl has just seen your hedgehog pics - she loves them!
Old 10-26-2008, 10:28 AM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
Just finished the 6 miles with the fish this morning.

Trout struggled a bit on the steep climbs, sad to report that Haddock had a nasty fall as well, nothing we could do, least it was quick and he didn't suffer, he'll be nice dressed in some breadcrumbs with some crusty bread and butter for lunch anyway's.

So, the Trout were tired but the Haddock were absolutely battered?

Har, har, har..............
Old 10-26-2008, 10:37 AM
  # 139 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lostbutterfly View Post
If I haven't separated them right, you're all getting a guinea pig for Christmas!
Ok, Trivia diversion time:

How did the Guinea Pig get it's name?

Clock's ticking folks....

Winner gets a free bottle of Champa.... no, hold on........ Del Boy's Peckam Spring Water?
Old 10-26-2008, 11:36 AM
  # 140 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

Originally Posted by timzup View Post
Ok, Trivia diversion time:

How did the Guinea Pig get it's name?

Clock's ticking folks....

Winner gets a free bottle of Champa.... no, hold on........ Del Boy's Peckam Spring Water?
It was originally thought that they came from New Guinea. Which is wrong, coz they come from South America where they gallop the plains in great herds!