Notices

I don't know how to quit drinking.

Old 10-16-2008, 05:53 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

What are you drinking Jason?
Old 10-16-2008, 06:01 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

You do have a lot in your life...marriage...job and school.

Jason...all those can improve ...just run smoother ...
when you finally quit drinking.

No more remorse and guilt...no more questioning why
you drink....money saved....just a healthier happier life.

Yes! you too deserve the very best...
Old 10-22-2008, 12:17 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Guess what, I'm not crazy.

Welcome Jason,
Do give AA a try. Fined a meeting and go, you will fined it is a safe place to be where you can be honest with your self and others. There are people there who will help you and you will fined friendship and support. Do the steps and do get a sponser. At the meeting I go to they ask if anyone wants a schedule and phone list. That will tell you all the meetings they have and the other men in the meeting will write their number down for you so you can call them for help if you need it. Sometimes you just need someone to talk to and you can get thorugh another minute, hour or day.

I keep a journal and that helps me a lot because over time I can go back through it and see who I was and how I have changed for the better. Read the big book (AA book) and go to as many meetings as you can get to untell you feel under controle and then keep going often. Work the program and it will help you. As one man in my meeting says (If you want what I got, then you got to do what I do) He has been sober for over 30 years now and he comes to those meetings because he knows he needs to be there for others and also to remined himself to keep working the steps.

When you go to those meeting you will hear people telling your life story. (I did) They get you because they have been where you are now. But not only do you get to hear how bad it was for them but you get to see just how good it is now. when I started going, I thought everyone would be boaring and sad but I have met some of the most loving, happy and forgiving people who walked through the fire and made it to the other side. They got their self esteam back or maybe even for the first time. They healed old wonds and pass it on to help others.

Growing up I always thought AA was some sort of cult or church thing and I wanted nothing to do with it. Boy was I wrong. It's people helping people. It's a program that not only will help you stop drinking but help you learn how to live a full and productive life. How to be that person that is trapped deep inside you that has been help hostage by this addiction.

I'm sorry for rambling but I honestly believe if you give AA an honest try, you will never regret it. One last thing, There are lots of meetings and though the contence is the same, you may take to one group better than another so don't give up right away.
I am send you a big hug and praying to my higher power (for me that is God) to help you through this.
D