Notices

Bottoms Part 96

Old 10-01-2008, 08:44 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  
let it grow!

yep. time to put on my adventure suit and get on back out there, astro .. i guess i just didn't relieze until the offers starting really comin', how gun shy i would feel. but ya know, the past. it's unchangable.

i'm going down on sat to spend a few days with my daughter. that's got me a bit on edge too i think. i was anxious to see her, and now i'm just struggling with some awfulizing about it. ha! i need a big ax chill pill (aka bacon sammich)
Old 10-01-2008, 08:46 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  
let it grow!

i may have to rely on others to pad for awhile, newf. but i know they're out there - those future padders!
Old 10-01-2008, 08:47 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  
let it grow!

someone will at least have to volunteer to keep cmc current on what day it is

Old 10-01-2008, 08:51 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  

:sorry
Originally Posted by tanyapmc View Post
This is my one day I could sleep in and hubby woke me before 6am hanging up clothes!

typical male....bet it's the only time he hung clothes all year too!!!!!!
Old 10-01-2008, 09:03 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  

every one seems just woderfully happy today!!!!!! except taho!!!

great thread to open up my day with. Read some mindfulness and depression readings on the back porch...loved my dogs and today is starting out a little better than yesterday.

bodhi has been officially renamed bake bean and nia is officilally now "scallion"...they are slightly confused and not sure how to deal with the name changes...but dogs just don't get choices

had the oportunity to really re-bound with an old sponsor yesteday. I can't beleive how we just are like sisters after 20 years of not seeing each other....She came to do my dishes and stayed 5 hours. I miss the old days, but we are building new circles of friends today and it feels nice.

Ive stuck my head and the sand and refused to watch the news, but Chris says the stockmarket went back up 500 so it sounds ok....you should have seen him ... i want him for an emotocon! he ran around in circles...waiving his hands up and down saying "Oh no, what do we do, lets panic lets panic"...you had to be there...but it was great! (he got his great since of humor from me you know)

I know this is long, but it has been a dificult two days. And just need to share with you all.....gyps..thanks for the call......dee...i'll pm you!

Love Ananda

PS; i miss BF
Old 10-01-2008, 09:15 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  
let it grow!

i wonder what the market is doin' today, crazy hedgehog? i haven't watched any business news. me and mr k spent some time last night "moving some money around", not that we have much to fret over. we also cancelled a few extra things - mags, one of our daily papers, some cable/phone stuff, a few museum memberships. we'd been resisting and then just figured a belt tightening was in order, until we recover some of the retirement funds. we'll be ok - the folks our age still employable and flexible.

i do worry about my mom and her buddies though. my mom said this morning that some of her investments are as good as flushed today. but grateful she has good health insurance in place, and a home paid for.

Old 10-01-2008, 09:28 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Yeah PC we are trying to look for ways to begin cutting back....I feel fortunate that we have so many ways we can without cutting into basic food at this point. But it is scary. We switched our phone plan, but ultimately I don't have to have a cell if things realy go south. Of course our ciggerrete budget would fix alot...but it is an addiction and although we plan to quit in November, I know that the most important thing when making a budget is to be honest and we can't cut out that chunk till we are sure it is a reality and not a dream. Mom will be basically ok cause her "retirment" is pretty dang huge....just means there will be less to leave us kids. And I will just have to live with that....The important thing is that she will have what she needs. With all this going on it may be that she needs to actually do some more spend today stuff cause the investments will be worth so much less and buy so much less later...a strange and i guess lucky position to be in.

gosh i'm hogging the bottoms this morning
Old 10-01-2008, 09:39 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Hi peeps.

K...

That is great news!
Old 10-01-2008, 11:04 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  

I found a cool Halloween avi for our Scaredy Barb!

Old 10-01-2008, 11:18 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  
let it grow!

Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
I found a cool Halloween avi for our Scaredy Barb!

... love scaredy cat!

i mean kat.

she's my bus buddie!
Old 10-01-2008, 11:36 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  
let it grow!

Originally Posted by ananda View Post
:sorry

typical male....bet it's the only time he hung clothes all year too!!!!!!

i adore mr k but his laundry stinks.
Old 10-01-2008, 11:45 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  

That's good about the job K.

Old 10-01-2008, 11:46 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  
let it grow!

so i called daughter this afternoon to let her know i was for sure coming on sat. she has demands. but i'm not participating. i have a plan with my mom and then a few friends as well. we've got a plan that well includes her. that's all i can do.

it's hard for folks on the codependency side of recovery to let go of expections. really, it's my biggest struggle. i get it. but i struggle....
Old 10-01-2008, 11:50 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Hi Stoney..

and Ro!

Oh..I have to go eat something..think a baked potato..put some chili and

cheese on it.

Have to get my hair done..salt and pepper are condiments..

Not my fave hair color!
Old 10-01-2008, 11:55 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  
IO Storm

K...

I borrowed this from Rust..

Thought it might help.

To "let go" does not mean to stop caring, it means I can't do it for someone else.

To "let go" is not to enable, but to allow learning from natural consequences.

To "let go" is to admit powerlessness, which means the outcome is not in my hands.

To "let go" is not to try to change or blame another, it's to make the most of myself.

To "let go" is not to care for but to care about.

To "let go" is not to fix but to be supportive.

To "let go" is not to judge but to allow another to be a human being.

To "let go" is not to protect, it's to permit another to face reality.

To "let go" is not to deny but to accept.

To "let go" is not to nag, scold, or argue but instead to search out my own short-comings and correct them.

To "let go" is not to adjust everything to my desires but to take each day as it comes and cherish myself in it...
Hugs
Old 10-01-2008, 12:43 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  
smileyologist and lord of bees

Hi everybody.

Bottoms was in the middle of the forum, not at the top like usual - what on Earth is going on?
Old 10-01-2008, 12:52 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Hi peeps .

I'm sort of caught up here.

Good news for K .

Baked potato and chili sounds good. Condiments on your head, not so much.

Neti rocks .

I made chicken parm and garlic bread today so the fam can't complain I never cook anything anymore.

I'm out the door in about 35 minutes to my 2nd yoga class of the day and I'll probably stay for the 6pm gentle. I want to hear if anyone complains about my class last week .

The attorney amended our contract to exclude the bathroom/ office questions as well as adding in pool language to open it so we can have it inspected.

They haven't signed yet.

I've called 5 pool companies today so far to find one that does inspections and tests the lines (apparently this is important to Mr. GT)... no one says they do. They do visual and operational inspections. FFS... open the thing and turn it on and we can see ourselves if it's working. What we need to know if there are any problems with the lines etc.

Oh, and the attorney put January 16th as the closing date. Sheesh! We said 15th and he wrote 16th. Which happens to be the prodigy's birthday BTW.

Nothing is agreed upon and we can't lock into a mortgage rate right now since the closing date is so far away!

I just got an email from my instructor saying I'm subbing tomorrow night for sure. One week early! I'm not really ready for this but I guess I'll have to be. This is Hatha, not gentle so it's a step up from what I have been doing already teaching wise. She didn't mention my perceived debacle of last weeks class... so far, so good.

Enough about me... I hope everyone is well. I'll be back later.
Old 10-01-2008, 12:52 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Out to lunch..like me RK!

Be back later! :ghug3:
Old 10-01-2008, 12:56 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  
let it grow!

Originally Posted by IO Storm View Post
K...

I borrowed this from Rust..

Thought it might help.

Hugs
:ghug3 it does help. thanks.
Old 10-01-2008, 01:00 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  
smileyologist and lord of bees

Congratulations K.

Why does it always take me so long to catch up in here?

Gyps, you are the yoga chosen one - you'll walk the subbing tomorrow night, just like Anakin Skywalker made the Jedi trials look easy.

That doesn't mean you'll become Darth Vader by the way, it was just a chosen one comparison.