Notices

Bottoms Part 95

Old 09-26-2008, 08:12 AM
  # 161 (permalink)  

Happy Windex Friday to all
Old 09-26-2008, 08:42 AM
  # 162 (permalink)  
Im not crazy and neither am I

Hi all.....off to a meeting and taking some mental health time from the cooking job. Working for myself is so much more therapudic.
Old 09-26-2008, 09:35 AM
  # 163 (permalink)  

Hi everybody. Paul and Dee I'm sorry that you aren't feeling well. Take good care of yourselves.

It's fabulous friday here at the courthouse. Listening to country tunes, eating strawberries, sandwiches, and lots of other stuff. Out in the courtrooms and hallways there are tons of maggots trolling so I'm glad to be in my office.

4 of us gals are going out to get pedi's today then possibly sushi! Yummers!

Today is daughter's 13th birthday taking her and nieces out for dinner.

Awesome, simply awesome!
Old 09-26-2008, 10:52 AM
  # 164 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Originally Posted by gypsy tears View Post
My sister is taking ballroom dancing classes right now. She and her bf signed up for a 9 month program and they learn the dances they want as their package. I think they go once a week for the class and then unlimted times per week for fun. It cost as much as my yoga teacher training . And, last I heard... they broke up .

Might be wise to skip it astro.
Thanks Gyps, maybe I can use this as an excuse to worm my way out of dancing!

Let's make a pact to use our smokers soon. I haven't done anything in almost a year.

GF and I are making sweet potato and banana soup tonight, but she's wierded out about eating it so we're also making mock egg foo yung to nibble on. Something to use up the packages of ramen my dad keeps bringing over.
Old 09-26-2008, 10:57 AM
  # 165 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I've got a problem with all my joints - they all feel like they're on fire
Joints on fire? You oughta know better Dee. Marijuana maintenance ain't clean and sober.

Sorry sorry sorry I'm being a wise@ass and that wasn't very compassionate. I'll take one of these Hope you and stone feel better real soon!
Old 09-26-2008, 11:17 AM
  # 166 (permalink)  

Old 09-26-2008, 01:02 PM
  # 167 (permalink)  
let it grow!

sorry ya still feel crappy, stone.

i got a new bike. a used one actually. an old murry ten speed, big mama seat included. i have a neighbor (retired) who buys and fixes up old bikes as a hobby. i stop and visit him sometimes, and take sweets to he and his wife who had a stroke awhile back. i told him what i wanted a few months ago and how much i could spend, and he called me today and said he had it ready to go. ha! he didn't want me to pay him but i slipped some cash and a dozen dunkin donuts in his front door upon pick up.

me and mr k's bikes got stolen out of our garage a few years ago. that sucked ax!!!!!!!!!! he replaced his but i drug my feet, prefering new clothes and such instead with my allowance. mr k will be glad i got it. he likes to ride alone, but now i can tag along some i suppose.

here's what i'm making for dinner....good night here for grillin'!

Blue cheese, spinach and BACON stuffed hamburgers

6 slices bacon, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 pound spinach
1 tablespoon white grape juice
1 1/4 teaspoons coarse salt
Freshly ground pepper
1 pound ground chuck
1/4 pound blue cheese, crumbled
1. Set a skillet over medium heat; cook the bacon slowly until the fat has been rendered and the bacon is crisp. Remove the bacon; transfer to a plate lined with a paper towel.

2. Discard all but 2 tablespoons of fat; return the pan to medium-high heat. Add the garlic, spinach and grape juice; cook, just until the spinach wilts, about 1 minute. Season with 1/4 teaspoon of the salt and pepper to taste. Remove the spinach; set aside to cool.

3. Heat a grill or broiler. Season the ground chuck with the remaining 1 teaspoon of the salt and pepper to taste. Divide into 8 equal portions; form into 1/4-inch patties.

4. Squeeze most of the moisture from the spinach. Divide the spinach into 4 portions; place 1 portion on each of 4 patties. Evenly distribute bacon and blue cheese over spinach, keeping stuffing at least 1/2 inch from the edge of the patties. Top each of the 4 "stuffed" patties with an unstuffed patty. Press down gently to seal.

5. Transfer to a grill or under a broiler. Cook, turning once, until meat is just cooked through, 5-7 minutes per side.
Old 09-26-2008, 01:13 PM
  # 168 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Bottoms is dragging ass today!

Sheesh .

Happy B'day to Ro-ette. 13... wow. My 12 year old turns 13 in January. She's been acting like a teen for a while now anyway though. Your workday sounds rough RoRo.

Frst cooking for yourself sounds very nice. Whatcha making?

I hope ananda and DeeDee are feeling betterer.

Tan should be getting some about now right?

Yes astro. We need to smoke soon. Maybe we can pick a day and have a smoke off !

Yay K :bounce. Bacon and bleu cheese burgers sound good!

How's the cold Stoney? My nose is running and throat is scratchy still but my head doesn't hurt as much at least.

Bad news about the house. The effers amended their contract and won't agree to leave at least until but not before December 15th! Mr. GT is miffed and I'm pretty disappointed. They also said they're taking all the window treatments and shelves and mirrors which is fine except that now since they're being a-holes what does that mean? There are Pella windows with the blinds inside the glass in the sun room. Do they plan on taking the windows out? Are they taking the bathroom mirror that's directly on the wall and the built in cabinet/ shelves they have in there??? And the office, are they taking all the built in shelves and cabinets out of there too? And the mantle over the fire place? Do they consider that a shelf too???

Our attorney is getting clarification on those questions. I don't care about her flouncy stupid curtains or the pull down blinds in the office or even the blinds on the sliding glass doors... but if they rip up the bathroom and office it's a MAJOR problem and also especially if they won't leave until December 15th at the earliest!

Mr. GT said to reword ours saying we'd close on the 15th of January in that case.We don't want to be moving right at Christmas time. The kids won't have a nice holiday that way . He's hoping they'll come back to the original date and not want to pay for another month or so for the old lady to stay.

Argh! Thanks for letting me vent.I guess waiting until January isn't that bad... but the other stuff? Pffft!

Going to Wal Mart now to buy some cheap present for my sons friend.
Old 09-26-2008, 01:30 PM
  # 169 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

Where's my
******{STONE}}}}

Old 09-26-2008, 01:32 PM
  # 170 (permalink)  
let it grow!

your seller sounds a bit cuckoo, dipsy... and that's comin' from a pretty big idiot!

Old 09-26-2008, 01:36 PM
  # 171 (permalink)  
let it grow!

uh oh. grumpy is here and i'm talkin' about blue cheese again ...
Old 09-26-2008, 01:40 PM
  # 172 (permalink)  
Im not crazy and neither am I

Im not cooking for myself but doing handyman and computer stuff when I can
They now tell me I have carple tunnel in both hands and probly had it for years its just to that point. I have to cut my hours back cooking and I called them this morning but still have not heard back. Oh well, I tried.

I have actually been having a real problem with getting around or getting motivation to cook myself something to eat. Ive lost a bunch of weight which is good but I dont think this is the recommended way to do it.

Trying to get back my balance of meetings, working and taking care of my health......

I went for blood work this afternoon to see if I have lyme disease .....great another potential problem. Trying not to project and think the worst. Christ, I have enough other medical issues.
Old 09-26-2008, 01:43 PM
  # 173 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

I don't know who grumpy is but blue cheese is a waste of space.
Old 09-26-2008, 01:47 PM
  # 174 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PaperDolls View Post
LOL!

Old 09-26-2008, 01:56 PM
  # 175 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by barb dwyer View Post
Where's my
******{STONE}}}}

Here!

:ghug3
Old 09-26-2008, 02:09 PM
  # 176 (permalink)  
let it grow!

Originally Posted by PaperDolls View Post
it's all in the eye of the beholder.

Old 09-26-2008, 02:10 PM
  # 177 (permalink)  
let it grow!

hang in there, frst. i'm glad you are reaching out to your doctor.

Old 09-26-2008, 02:11 PM
  # 178 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dipsy
How's the cold Stoney? My nose is running and throat is scratchy still but my head doesn't hurt as much at least.
I feel like shite.
Old 09-26-2008, 02:15 PM
  # 179 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by Astro View Post
Joints on fire? You oughta know better Dee. Marijuana maintenance ain't clean and sober.
Nah you broke my code Scott
I'm having a back to Woodstock weekend
look...there goes Jerry Garcia....

nah.

Thanks for the good wishes. Hugs to all the other sickos.
Have a good weekend all.
D
Old 09-26-2008, 02:23 PM
  # 180 (permalink)  

Hey PC...this is what you need!!!!!