Notices

Guess who's an alcoholic?

Old 09-17-2008, 10:50 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing your story it's good to know that there are people like you going through the same things you are experiencing. God bless
Old 09-19-2008, 07:36 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

It's one week tomorrow!

And thus far it's been so good. Waking up everyday with no hangover, always knowing what happened the day before, no hangover (did I say that already?), looking forward to getting paid today and not having to ration out the 'drinking' part of my budget.

Now, the only issues I seem to be having is getting irritated at work (not at home thankfully) and being distracted all the time at work. I have a couple of irritating co-workers and they are more irritating if I'm not hungover turns out. Also, my job a monkey could do and now that my brain is waking up I'm starting to get bored.

Oh but I did get a GREAT volunteer position for a gala that's coming up for the music industry here, and I think I might be able to do it!!
Old 09-19-2008, 08:32 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Soberforme,

Excellent start you are off to! Your first meeting and already thinking about a Sponsor, you are doing everything right. I read your post and identified a lot with it. You are VERY lucky to have such a supportive and loving partner, remember that and cherish it. Never forget what brought you to these rooms. Print your post and read it whenever you feel you might just not be done drinking. Good luck to you and God Bless You.

Sincerely,

John
Old 09-24-2008, 09:23 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Thanks John!

I really appreciate it.

It's been 12 days sober now. I'm doing pretty well!!

I had to fight myself yesterday and really wanted a drink (you know, the 'just one. I'm not an alcoholic' logic).

Well, I read in a buddhist 12 step book "Do you ever notice that people try to say they are not an alcoholic to justify going out and drinking?" . That stopped my thinking. LOL

I'm getting to step 4 the SCARY step. Yep I am hooked up with a sponsor and beginning to work the steps.

I had a moment of panic last night with the thought that I couldn't EVER drink again. But I told myself 'only for tonight' and that seemed to help.