Notices

newcommer, needs help

Old 09-13-2008, 09:12 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Thanks again everyone, I am going to take your advice and get myself involved in a drug program.
Old 09-13-2008, 09:24 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

hey mike.youre making excellant choices..i hope you continue this path.im sorry to here you live in such a place drugs and alcohol are so prevalent but you know when i first got in recovery i had to live in the worst neighborhood 4 about 6 mos.there were drugs all around.you know i didnt get tempted each nite i lay id remember the ordeals of the people,places,and things..id look out my window and see where and who i use to be and thank god at 2 or 3 in the morning when id see them just looking 4 another one that i was pouring me a glass of juice able to get a good nite sleep..and plan for a productive day.i attended meetings..and met real friends..we do real things.you dont have to be alone in this.keep us posted..im praying 4 you.:ghug
Old 09-13-2008, 11:58 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Drying out

Hi and welcome Mike, Glad your on board bro. I'm new too and its a hard thing to kick, some days can be so f*%king frustrating! I can relate with your situation as alot of my friends were always on the sauce and getting stoned, and unfortunately I too had to leave those people behind. Sometimes they don't realize it can grab a hold of some people more than others, good luck and keep trying!