Notices

My boyfriend just left

Old 09-02-2008, 04:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

My boyfriend just left

Nothing about me being drunk. Nothing about how much I've been sober these last three weeks. Just left. Alcohol has never been an issue .

The only thing I can think is that I'm just not attractive enough to hang around for.
Old 09-02-2008, 04:45 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

PS my ferrets are cute
Old 09-02-2008, 04:56 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry FD...I can't count the number of times bad things happen to people in early recovery...it's lousy timing.

Things like these rock us and make us question our worth, but you have lots of friends who support you. Lean on us here

I know you know drinking won't help - keep hold of that wish to be sober and live a full life - don't let despair rule you.

I'm sorry
D
Old 09-02-2008, 05:00 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Noone is supporting me here. I have trouble staying sober. And instead of people undertandling that, I got told that that I wasn't addicted enough to be an addict. I dot told that I should just get over it.

Yay for me, not addicted enough.
Old 09-02-2008, 05:06 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I don't know anything about your personal life FD, but I know there's a ton of support here.
That's what I meant anyway

I don't think anyone comes to a forum like this if they don't have some kind of problem, y'know?

D
Old 09-02-2008, 05:09 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

The only thing I can think is that I'm just not attractive enough to hang around for.

I seriously doubt that.

You're in a bad place right now, you feel 'less than', your disease will try to make you feel very low.

Hold your head up, do some deep breathing and realize that you have 100% of the rest of your new life in front of you.

Keep coming back.
Old 09-02-2008, 05:11 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

FD - It can be hard to feel the support when we are hurting. But I am here for you. I have to go to work, so I can't stay long, but I will be thinking of you. I too struggle with sobriety at times. It happends. Why he left may not be important right now....how you feel and how you deal with it is. Can you make a list of all the things you like about yourself? Maybe your friends here could help you with it!

You are definately strong to come here and state what's going on and ask for help!
Old 09-02-2008, 06:07 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

Aw, honey, I'm sorry.

And I'm sorry if you've felt like you can't or don't get support here. I will do whatever I can to help change that perception. SR has been such a huge help for me... such a RELIEF to find out I'm not alone... I have trouble staying sober, too. I'll talk to you whenever you want.
Old 09-02-2008, 06:13 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
not a greeter

ForeverDecember, I know it hurts right now but I am sure it has less to you with you and more to do with him. Keep moving forward... 3 weeks is an excellent start to a better way of life. Do not let this set you back by drinking over it. As Dee pointed out... there's plenty of support here at SR. I can't tell you how many times being able to come here and read & post has helped me.
Old 09-02-2008, 07:33 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

What we need to do now is focus on a way to get you "addicted" enough to come here and talk. Otherwise, I'm afriad you'll have to go.

I'm just teasing...just wanted to make you laugh. We care about you and support you. I'm sorry he left. Maybe he left because you were too good for him?

He's a jerk. Come back and post and try to stay sober with us...............
Old 09-02-2008, 02:23 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Just bumping this
Hope you're hanging in there today FD

D
Old 09-02-2008, 02:49 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

FD, I'm thinking about you How ya doin?
Old 09-02-2008, 02:53 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Forever December,

I hope you're feeling a bit better now.

I think many people get negative feedback from friends and family members when they say that they are stopping drinking. Just remember that the comments are about them. They are not about you. You know you want to be sober and there is lots of support here.
Old 09-02-2008, 03:05 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

hi FD, hope your hanging in there and welcome to SR
Old 09-02-2008, 03:19 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hang in there FD, please keep posting, people care more than you think
Old 09-02-2008, 05:15 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Life is Grand

I am so sorry, I went through the same thing a few months ago. I was crushed, I thought I would never get over it, but here I am, alive and sober...still confused and hurt, but alive and sober......you can do it.

Cathy
Old 09-03-2008, 01:41 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Jig

Hi FD, hang in there mate.
Old 09-03-2008, 09:22 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
To Thine Own Self Be True

We are here for you FD :ghug3
Old 09-03-2008, 04:23 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

It seems that many or most of us women in recovery lose our b/f in early recovery.

I can remember that just about all the women that have come here since I've been coming around (6 month) have had a breakup happen in the first couple of months of recovery. Some of us, me included, our b/f couldn't handle the changes from my recovery. Suddenly I had a little confidence, some friends, meetings to go to, and he couldn't stand it. I was no longer available to sit with while he got drunk every night.

And I wouldn't let him bring drugs or be high around me, so he had to lie all the time. And he was worried I was gonna meet someone in NA. He even started saying "Have fun at your Cheating, um I meant Meeting!" Haha. So anyway, it isn't that you aren't attractive, for sure. It could be that you have a little bit of self-esteem and you're a bit harder to boss around??? If that's the reason (and I might be wrong, don't mind me) then it'll be better without him. One day I have no doubt but that we'll both find men who love and understand us and respect what we're doing in recovery. Until then, hang out with us single gals. We love you.

And people (including my b/f) tried to tell me that, too, that I wasn't an addict, 'cause my DOC was prescription pills, and I still had all my stuff (job, car, kids) when I came to NA. I don't buy it. People who aren't addicts don't spend time on recovery sites and NA meetings. You've earned your seat just as surely as any homeless crack head on the street out there has, my sponsor tells me. Your Bottom is when you stopped digging. It's a good thing to stop digging before you lose everything. Be proud of how you had your moment of clarity so early in your addiction. Love from:
KJ
Old 09-08-2008, 02:49 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
letting God take the wheel...

Hi Forever, Havent read your posts in a bit but this one made me so sad... You have support here always and I wish I could give you a huge hug. Its so hard girl, and we have all felt ugly at some time or another and usually I feel really gross when I am drinking or thinking about giving up...The fact that your boyfriend left, regardless of the reason..will surely leave the tase of rejection in your mouth but please dear dont belive for one second its really because your not attractive ....your so beautiful and courageous to fight this battle with Alchohol...stay strong..keep posting. we love you