Old 07-27-2008, 03:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

For those CHRONICALLY less than 2 weeks sober Part 2

Here is Part 1:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-sober-20.html
Old 07-27-2008, 04:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Cola-if you are still around, please read my pm!
Old 07-27-2008, 05:02 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

hrmm...okay i am hesitant to post, probably cuz i just registered this month (but have been reading the forums for a long time)...but i am at a point where i want to be sober, but can not yet accomplish it. and i think a step forward would be to admit when i am drinking, as opposed to hiding it and acting like it never happens (which i am sure addicts like myself are very good at). Not trying to be a downer, cuz i know theres a lot of people here on like day 10+?! nice! hopefully i will be at that point soon, but i think i gotta take it one step at a time ...so for now, on monday i will not drink, that is my goal. then we will go to Tuesday and see whats up
Old 07-27-2008, 05:14 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hiya smallRaccoon-I'm really glad that you decided to post. True, there are a lot of people on day 10+, but if you read through the first chronics thread, you will see that many of us slip, or are still drinking while we gather what we need to commit to stopping drinking.

It can be a scarey process, but you are in very good hands in this thread. There are so many great people here, so little judgment. Everybody is in the same boat, working through the process every single day.

For me, actively participating on SR, and writing every day in the threads, was what finally gave me the courage to stop my own little drinking madness. It took me over a month on SR to do it. The time frame isn't as important as the willingness to be honest. Coming out of hiding is a huge and courageous step!
Old 07-27-2008, 07:28 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

:bounce Coming to the quiet end of a quiet sober fourteenth day. I didn't think I'd ever get this far, considering so many relapses. I am officially graduated from this thread but have so many friends here I don't want to leave. i'LL keep visiting here to cheer on anyone still struggling.

And when I help anyone else to keep sober I help myself as well. Great side effect!:ghug
Old 07-27-2008, 07:36 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Seriously Fun!

Congratulations Least!
Old 07-27-2008, 07:41 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Thank you so much. It's easier to run a race if there are lots of people cheering you on! And to all my beloved friends here, take courage and believe that you can quit drinking, one day at a time.

:ghug2
Old 07-27-2008, 07:41 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hope everyone had a good day. I finally have my internet back. Long day without it. Buttercup just start over this week. I guess that is why we are on the chronic thread but WE WILL get out of here because we aren't going to give up trying. I am now coming to the end of Day 2 but it would be easy for me go back too. After all I've only made it to Day 5.
Old 07-27-2008, 08:32 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
getting there

Hi everyone,
Thanks for the encouraging words. This was the hardest day I've had since I started this latest sober period, my anxiety came back in a major way and my immediate reaction was "I need a drink". It's scary how powerful that voice is! I knew I didn't want to drink and convinced myself I wasn't going to, but I spent all day arguing with that stupid voice...it told me I had an excuse to drink now, that I deserved it because it would calm me down. Once the idea was in my head, it was like I was cheating myself by not giving into it, and it was HARD. I'm happy to say, though, that I did NOT drink. I had a nice lunch with an out-of-town friend, then played tennis with another friend. Just got out of the shower and am doing some chores before I go to bed. I'm still feeling really anxious but I'm just praying that tomorrow will be better.

Congrats to everyone else with another sober day under their belt!
Old 07-27-2008, 08:52 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hey smallracoon,

I was at SR for over 2 months before I finally decided to stop drinking.you are always welcome here.I wish you the best.Hang around, post and read.We're here for you.

colagirl-hang in there.You're doing great.

Jules
Old 07-27-2008, 09:02 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
getting there

PS - welcome smallRaccoon and congratulations, Least!
Old 07-27-2008, 09:34 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

colagirl I am so happy you didn't give in. I know the exact feeling you are describing - after spending hours arguing with the "voice" and finally firmly deny it, you feel downright physically uncomfortable. That hit me on day 11 very strongly - I was in physical PAIN for several hours from denying it. Day 13 also was like that but not very badly.

Well everyone... I have now officially been sober for the longest period of time EVER since 2005!!!!! Yay!!!!!! This is the first time I have sober for a full 14 days. When I first stopped drinking, I managed 13 1/2 days. The other times I said I had 14 days, I was lying, I had really slipped on day 10 or 11.

Wow... Day 15 officially starts in 30 minutes, and like Least, I'll be technically "busting out" of this thread. But I plan to come back and visit and update here like I have been... this place is SO full of support!

And trust me, if I can get out of this thread, YOU all can. :ghug2
Old 07-28-2008, 02:49 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
"Meow. No, I am not a pup!

Just checking in at end of DAY 2.

Had crappy work day but no desire to drink. That's weird! Had a "moment" on on Sat night and that seems to have fixed me. (Will ramble on more if it sticks!)

Congrats and Hugs to everyone who wants one
Old 07-28-2008, 03:26 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Go pups! Look-it's Carrie-the-cat. Maybe she'll actually come out from under the house now.

colagirl-you made it. Look at you! So happy you stayed sober today.
Old 07-28-2008, 03:42 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
No AA

congrats sober and least....u are both an encouragement!
and hugs back to you pup, im on day 2 today too.
Old 07-28-2008, 04:37 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Hi! I'm BAAAACCCCKKKK. Day one - for the LAST TIME!
Old 07-28-2008, 05:24 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Hugs and hope to all those still struggling! I love you all so much!! Way to go all of you who are sober today!

:ghug2
Old 07-28-2008, 06:12 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

checking in to this thread on my millionth (it seems like) second day. I'm having no urges to drink or drug at the moment. having no urges is not any kind of a sign of success; for some reason I just wanted to make the observation right now.

I was noticing a lot of self pity in me, and now as I just wrote that I noticed some of it coming back.

I got to be careful of what I write about. what I think about. when I think about using i tend to have a "serious-er thought" or an outright "urge"

anyway DAY 2....trying to try again with as much confidence and optimism that I can muster at the moment
Old 07-28-2008, 06:25 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Yay least!! Congrats!

Wow, colagirl. I am so proud of you for your committment and not letting that voice in your head suck you into it's lies. That is so fantastic! I hope you don't have difficult days like that again, but always remember your victory yesterday!

Hi smallraccoon. I'm new here too. For some reason my sobriety this time feels different - it's probably because I'm now posting on SR and feel accountable to the people here. There are other people taking the same journey I am, whether it's Day 1 or Day 100 or Day 1000, and that's comforting. And I want to be sober today so I can come tomorrow and proudly exclaim that I've made it to Day 4!

Yay for PupMom! Anxious to hear about your "Lightbulb Moment" Saturday night if you feel like sharing...
Old 07-28-2008, 06:33 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Hi everyone....this'll be my last post on this thread........I'm on day 16 now and look forward to seeing all of you on the other side in a few days!!! We can ALL do this!!!!!