Notices

For those CHRONICALLY less than 2 weeks sober Part 2

Old 07-29-2008, 06:54 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Hey Winwin!

Thanks for all your support yesterday! Hope you are doing well!

HOS
Old 07-29-2008, 06:54 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Day 4 for me today. Feeling like I can make it. I still just wish I could sleep a whole night without waking up every hour. I don't know why I can't sleep.
Old 07-29-2008, 07:02 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Good Morning All! Special Welcome to Krista! Visit us often - I can honestly say I wouldn't be on Day 4 without SR.

Despite a poor night of sleep (yeah, winwin, why can't we sleep? ) I am feeling good this morning.
Old 07-29-2008, 07:08 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

On Day 7 here for the last time. I have been through this before...And I will not go through this again. I hear all of you. The anxiety, the sleeplessness..the short fuse..I've had it all. For you on the first few days it will be sweats and shaking too. Maybe even a few hallucinations.

Keep moving...no matter what happens to you today, picking up a drink will only make it worse.
Old 07-29-2008, 07:28 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

I can relate to that. I just want to be able to sleep. I think I am tired and go to bed only to toss and turn. I will not drink today. I don't want to start over neither. Drinking would only make me have to go through all of this again.
Old 07-29-2008, 11:21 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

There you are Krista!!! We've all been looking for you over at your usual posting spot in substance abuse....it's ok, K. Most of us have been there. In fact, before I went on the suboxone program I myself quit drugs more than once, in fact in the last year, 365 times. Nothing beats a failure like a try...hang in there and come back!
KJ
Old 07-29-2008, 12:26 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  
The truth shall set you free

Krista

Your friends at the substance abuses forum miss you. Why don’t you get a hot cup of coffee and pass by and say hello.

Ivan
Old 07-29-2008, 01:21 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Just checking in....
On Day 2 here and feeling ok, but I did not sleep at all last night. Hopefully, I will sleep better tonight since I am exhausted. Hang in there everyone.
Old 07-29-2008, 01:26 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

SLEEP!!! What is that? I think I forgot how to sleep.
Old 07-29-2008, 02:05 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Just checking in...Day 10 here- I am not having such a good day. I don't exactly want to drink, but I have been incredibly HUNGRY all day long, and feeling kind of blue. It's probably hormonal. :P

I'm waiting for my car to be fixed so have been stuck at home the past two days. I'm trying to keep busy with housework, but I always used to drink while I did chores and they sure seem mundane right now. Oh well, I'm not going to think too much about it...just need to keep busy and I'm sure I'll make it through another sober day.

Hope everyone is hanging in there as well!
Old 07-29-2008, 03:24 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

My little voice is really talking today and I am having a hard time telling it to shut up. So far I have been OK but I don't know about later. I have to go to the doctor which means I will have to drive by the store. I need a gag for the mouth to get me home without stopping.
Old 07-29-2008, 03:34 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

winwin, as your attorney i recommend u drive with a blindfold over ur eyes...i seen it work in a lot of movies!! well, in hindsight, that may be a bad idea...i live in between two pool halls, 3 liquore stores, and like 5 gas stations...my plan is to just focus on reading everyones license plate in front of me and memorize em like Bourne Identity lol...that might help, u never know.

best of luck
Old 07-29-2008, 03:52 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by winwin View Post
My little voice is really talking today and I am having a hard time telling it to shut up. So far I have been OK but I don't know about later. I have to go to the doctor which means I will have to drive by the store. I need a gag for the mouth to get me home without stopping.
<b>winwin</b> don't give in... you know how crappy you are going to feel tomorrow! Is there another route you can take that won't take you by the store?

Just remember your resolve... remember that the voice is lying. Remember how you want to be sober and happy. I know it's hard to remember when that damn voice is drawing you in ever so seductively... but just think about how happy you will feel if you don't drink today.

:ghug2
Old 07-29-2008, 04:42 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  
getting there

Hi everyone,
Have had a decent day so far, though the anxiety is still lurking, ready to pounce. I've randomly been craving the taste of beer, which usually happens when I try to stop drinking, even though I don't really like beer and hardly ever drink it. Not craving the feeling of being drunk like I was a couple of days ago, though.

Winwin, you've made it so far, don't turn back now! The first few days are the hardest - trust me, I've experienced them about 100 times. Just try to push through it any way you can.

Klynn - you still joining us here? Pupmum, ROFL - how's it going? Rhinogirl, Nayster, Buttercup, Sobergirl, SoBearish, smallRaccoon, HOS, Faith, mtnmagic, whattyawantmeto, everyone else I forgot - hang in there!
Old 07-29-2008, 05:54 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

I was craving badly and I almost had a drink a bit ago, but went and brushed my teeth insstead LOL!!!! Now the thought of beer after that is repulsing (whatever works, right???)

Good night all and sweet dreams.....
Old 07-29-2008, 06:03 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Hi - Day 2 for me. It is very hard. I know that my feelings are just that.
Doing alot drinking water and telling myself that this anxiety will end. I am
holding on. I really never want to go through this again.
Old 07-29-2008, 06:09 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  
"Meow. No, I am not a pup!

Originally Posted by Rhino Gal View Post
I'm trying to keep busy with housework, but I always used to drink while I did chores and they sure seem mundane right now.
Hate to say it but housework IS mundane! I never even enjoyed that with wine! But good on you for doing it... My place is worse when not drinking as have been so busy being busy not drinking that laundry is massive heap in several parts of house.

And sending sleepy wishes to all the insomniacs...

Pups
Day 4
Old 07-29-2008, 06:14 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

I'm calling it a day on day 2! I am so grateful for my friends here. Good job to all of you! And THANK YOU!
Old 07-29-2008, 07:35 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

I made it. I went to the doctor and to Walmart without buying any beer. I think I'll give myself a pat on the back.
Old 07-29-2008, 08:32 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

day 2........yikes.

feel great though - refuse to spend any more "wallowing" time on what happened last week.
Reading some posts above about some of you that have alcohol as your
DOC. the "didn't buy anything at Walmart" from winwin caught my eye. I can't imagine how hard it must be for you guys when your DOC is so readily available. and legal.
I know if what I was taken could be bought at the local store, I would be having a way harder time. Just goes to show the willpower some people have..........
I don't - but I'm glad others do. I'll get some someday

great job by the way winwin for not picking up while you were out. ((awesome))