Notices

failed miserably

Old 04-29-2008, 07:56 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Helping Others, Helps Me

quit relying on other people to make your life better, if you continue to drink...that psych will do nothing for you, if your drinking already causes you misery. Trust me on this one....I am right around your age....which overall doesn't mean much, but i am trying to show a common ground...
Old 04-29-2008, 08:09 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Stormy a shrink while you are drinking will not help a bit. Take things one day at a time, deal with the drinking first, this will allow you and a shrink to be able to see what else if anything is up with you.

I hated myself when I was drinking, I was the most worthless piec of crap that ever walked the face of the earth when I was drinking! Hell on more then one occasion I put my kids milk back on the shelf because I did not have enough money to buy my beer and the milk..... so I chose the beer!!!

In AA there were folks who knew exactly how I was feeling, they also knew how to get and stay sober! They loved me and helped me until I learned how to love my self.
Old 04-29-2008, 08:15 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Helping Others, Helps Me

Exactly Taz, it is not like I am a bottom feeding dweller on society. I am easily a top university quality academic....but like I was saying to my father last night; especially in the last year, I have handed it over to my alcoholism. Sure I have a wonderful vacation for 28days at hazelden, but I was at treatment for my DRINKING. And I still continue to mess up, please stop before it gets worse....I am trying hard too, as I am struggling