Notices

time to turn the brain back on

Old 02-26-2008, 05:59 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Change4life View Post
Getting back on course.

I cacelled all counseling appointments and stopped going to group, but I put a call in last week and again this morning looking to schedule a time.

I really lost focus, but that is going to change.

When we can be lovable we can be loved........ Thank you Warren!
Change

Sorry to parse words, but sometimes precision is important, I think. Clarity can cure.

I think I said "When we ARE lovable we WILL be loved." At least I meant to. A subtle, but important difference there, I think.

The difference between CAN and ARE can be like the Pacific Ocean to someone whose disease is active. The difference between CAN and WILL turns hope into reality.

It WILL happen, Change. Perhaps not on our schedule, but if we are open to it, it is broadcast to others and the signal seeks out the right people. Your signal is sure being picked up here.

Serenity, Change, Serenity. Change the things you can and don't worry about the rest right now.

Peace,

warrens
Old 02-26-2008, 07:12 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Sorry Warren If I couold remember how to use do a quote I wouldnt run into these problems.

There is definetelt a difference between can and are.

I can be sober is where Im at.........

I am sober is where I want to be......

Gotta keep working towards my goal.

No more Im sober temporarily would be lovely!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-26-2008, 08:24 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Administrator

Got the studio time booked Beth....

LOL
D
Old 03-02-2008, 02:09 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Okay Im back. What was that about studio time?

had a few days of pure bitchhood and havent felt very sociable, but I am moving right along. the time I was spending drinking I have been using to cook and sort of exercise, but somehow I think my love for chocolate ice cream competely counter acts any exercise. As a matter of fact theres more energy being spent opening and closing the fridge and freezer than any exercising..
I should just join AA,NA,GA,Over eaters, etc.... CA Compulsive anonymous.

havent bee drinking. The forst few days were rough, but I am feeling better and feeling less shell shocked.

Not much going on really. Just came back from working a lions club breakfast. I actually woke up before 12 on a Sunday Thats pretty good for me Im usually in bed almost all day recovering.

Im still looking at meeting schedules everyday, but I have not yet gotten to one. I keep telling myself intention counts for something. God im good at the whole rationalization thing. And excuses, excuses. Im behving and thats good, but iti isnt enough and I know that.. ihave been back to working on my recovery workbook and man that really works. maybe I should consider publishing that thing.

Anyhoo just wanted to let everyone know Im okay and wanted to wish you all well.

One more day sober