Notices

time to turn the brain back on

Old 02-11-2008, 11:24 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Administrator

if some part of you didn't want to stop, didn't want help, you wouldn't be here Beth.
S'ok.

now Stop Drinking, dammit!
you've done it before, you can (and will) do it again

D
Old 02-11-2008, 12:54 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Originally Posted by Change4life View Post
I do feel like a failure about this. thats why I went back to the daily drinking. I said oh ill never quit so why bother even trying, just drink. That turned out to not be the best idea ive had in awhile.
Here's a little known secret. I'm going to tell you how to quit drinking. Ready?

JUST STOP. IT'S SIMPLE. YOU JUST DON'T DRINK ANYMORE. EVER!

Then you use your support system. SR, AA, NA, etc.

But first:

JUST STOP. IT'S SIMPLE. YOU JUST DON'T DRINK ANYMORE. EVER!
Old 02-11-2008, 01:01 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

well sure I could have used *red* Gyps...

but it's as easy as that (and yes as hard too - but hey we're not kids - you have to work for good things, sometimes damn hard - you know that.)

Do it Beth.

D
Old 02-11-2008, 01:10 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Red rocks Dee .

Beth you have to stop. Stopping is easy. I'll go out a limb here and say that staying stopped is easy. It's dealing with the other stuff like emotions and life that gets a little hard but even that gets easier if you...

STOP DRINKING.

Like Dee said...

Do it.

I know you want to. I know you can.
Old 02-11-2008, 02:06 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
29a
God is my benzo

If it were as easy as just stopping, there would be no need for this web site. The fact is it's not easy. It's one of the most difficult things a person can do, and also the most rewarding. If I just stopped drinking, I would be miserable. I had to do something about the causes and conditions that led me to the first drink. I did this by working the 12 steps. Is this the only way? Absolutely not, though it was the only way that worked for me. It takes more than just not drinking, it takes action. Be it through a 12 step program, rehabilitation etc. The life of an alcoholic is a chaotic mess, it takes time and work to piece it back together.
And who cares if you've tried and failed. So did I, so did lots of people. You only have to get it right once.
Most major cities have an AA hotline. The town I'm in helps people who need rides get to meetings.
My prayers are with you and thank you for your post, it takes courage to be honest. It takes courage to change.
Old 02-11-2008, 02:53 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Administrator

You missed the message 29a, but that's OK - it was for Beth
thanks.

D
Old 02-11-2008, 06:36 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Bring Laughter Wherever You Go

I agree with you 29a, stopping drinking ISN'T easy. It is the hardest thing to do....at least it has been for me. Which is why we are 'recovering'.
And Beth, yes, try your hardest, absolutely, but if you fail, be sure to come back and keep trying.
Old 02-12-2008, 08:06 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Its all the emotional stuff that gets in the way of me stopping. I start freaking out when I start thinking, get overwhelmed and thats when I get th f-its.

When I first wake up is when it is the worse. Im like oh no not this again and I go into panic and depression.

This morning ws pretty much the same, but I heard something on tv that Anna said before. Hearing it again and focusing on itgot me dressed and im on way to work.

I have to stop thinking about what I cant do and focus on what I can.

I didnt quite make it drink free Sunday, but yesterday was a dry day. Im on my way out feeling kinda cranky and shaky, but functionable. So off to work I go.

Not giving up yet regardless of how many people tell me to just drink. I get alot of that. People always wonder why I spend so much time trying to quit when I just keep going back.

My feeling is that its better to try to tackle the problem than let the problem TOTALLY control me.

My boss is probably gonna think im high today cause he's gotten so use to me coming in high and Im definetely different today.

oh well..........

have a nice day everyone!!!

And thank you!!!!!!!!
Old 02-12-2008, 11:28 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Administrator

Keep it going Beth
Thoughts destroyed me for years...I had to stop listening to my head, if that makes sense, cos my head was pretty sick and effed up...

I think it's better now LOL

you can do this B
D
Old 02-16-2008, 08:20 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

B cant do this.
Old 02-16-2008, 08:36 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

How many AA meetings have you done today Beth?
I've been to one and I always feel better after.
Old 02-16-2008, 11:42 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Hang in there. One day at a time: that's what I keep telling myself.
Old 02-17-2008, 12:06 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Administrator

B cant do this.
Not your way and not alone, no.

D
Old 02-22-2008, 03:44 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

((((((Beth?))))))

I hope she's OK.:wtf2
Old 02-23-2008, 10:04 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Man I just completely poured my heart out and its lost.

Lets start again.

IM breathing im okay, maybe not happy, but alive.

I hate myself my self loathing makes me drink, but the more I drink the more i hate myself. So that isnt working.

Okay.... lets get onto the crazy ****.

Im staying at my best friends house, my only one since lynn wont see me, but thats cool she has to make sure her son wouldnt be influenced by me.

Love her to death always will, but after I finally say what has been bothering me probably wont hear from her ever again either. That hurts, but things are what they are I guess..............

Right now Im at my frinds house dogsitting which I thought woud be no problem, but I am feeling angry.

I watched her get ready to go ou and I started seething, which now leads me to believe I might Be kinda well...... gay.

Not sure how to deal with or accept that or what to do with the feelings. ALl I know sis that when she left I was tiffed,

As she walked out I realized once she gets too philly everyone is going to be flirting and groveling over the person I love more than anything in the world, and honestly I dont know where the anger came from, but..... well not anger. I am friggin jealous.

And so I know I have been alienating myself from you all cause of my absolutely stubborn attitude about meetings, but this should really be ahump.

I think I might be struggling with alot more personality challenges than just drug addiction.

BREATHING.............That wasnt easy.

I already hate myself for so many things. I drink cause I hate myself, but the more I drink the more the self loathing comes to fruition.

I think Im in love with a chick.

No wonder Im all screwed up. Im kinda old to be first trying to figure this one out.

Not sure what this has to do with recovery, but it feels important to me...

Im requesting that any responses try to stay as far from the harsh side as possible.

Kinda in another zone right now cause I dont think I know what im doing.

Realy confused, isnt helping sobriety any.

Oh Man i feel realy vulnerable right now. I guess cause Im outting something very uncomfortable for me out there.
Old 02-23-2008, 10:23 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Beth...All I can say is be who you are and be comfortable with it. But if you have feelings for someone who doesnt have them back in the same way. Well then there really isnt much you can do. Strait or gay. I had a hard time with this last year too. I am not one or the other. You already know my deal. But I got to where I got sick of fighting myself trying to figure this out that I just let it be what it was and whoever found out. Oh well. Even though I was petrified to their reactions. Guess what? Nobody has said one word about it. My brother came out 2 years ago. Same thing. Well actually. I was like I already knew that. But dont add misery to your life with this.
You need to be more gentle to yourself. Do and be whatever it is that makes you happy hon.
You know I am thinking of you.
Old 02-23-2008, 10:30 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

I know she loves me back, but that doesnt mean she is capable of having a relationship.

Thanks for the support. TRISH you have always been one of my faves and always her for me no matter what new crap seems to arise.

A most sincere thanks too you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
\
I would also like to reiterate how happy I am to see you progressing the way you have been.

You are doing fantastic.

Giving ma quite a bit of inspiration.

Thank you so much!!!!

KEEP it up
Old 02-23-2008, 10:41 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Thanks ...Same with you. You are one I think about alot here too. And alot of what you go through hits close to home as well. I would love to see you come out of this.
You are so worth it and such a wonderful person with alot of drive in ya. But I think you dont think so sometimes. I know your gonna be fine whatever happens. Your a survivor.
Old 02-23-2008, 11:31 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Administrator

On the basis of this post. I don't think you're gay B....not that it matters a whit if you are.

Your friends very important to you - esp now - she's pivotal - it's natural to get a bit jealous when she's not there...

but until you start having erotic dreams...(and not even then in lots of cases) Dr Dee's diagnosis...you're not gay.

Unless this is only part of the story - in which case, ignore me LOL

D
Old 02-23-2008, 11:53 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Hmmmm. Not much more to the story, and no dreams.

maybe your right just jealous cause shes out and im here alone.

I do think about her a little too much tho!!

well well Dr Dee.....

Dr phil.......... move over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!