Notices

Staying in, sober on a Saturday night!!!

Old 01-26-2008, 05:00 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by gypsy tears View Post
It's healthy for you too !
healthy...... i need all of THAT i can get...

((as I scold my husband for bringing home the WRONG, WRONG, WRONG kind of ice cream!!!!))))

grrrrrrr

Old 01-26-2008, 05:03 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

HIyas it is a Pizza joint check it out on line sis there might be one near you it is cottageinn.com........and crazy good is what this Italian girl says and their lasagna is to die for!!!!!!!!!!!! I take their cina sticks drizzel it with their icing and my chocolate syrup omgggggggggggg.........once I was crazy enough to eat it with ben and Jerrys.............ummmmmmmm

Hugs and prayers,
Pamm
Old 01-26-2008, 05:25 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

[QUOTE=WLDKATZ;1652543]
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
I am not going to count my days 20 months plus 1 and all we have is today.

Chance (my dog) and I are going to a Happy Hour meeting here pretty soon, than come home and have some Pizza (probably Pizza Hut) and watch a movie. He loves to watch movies. So yeah staying sobernclean another day...

What more would a guy want?!

QUOTE]

too bad ya aint here!!!!!!!!
Me and baby girl are watching walking tall.........she loves the music to movies, when it changes pace she knows and starts howling when her rock is in trouble it is funny as heck.......ham pineapple plus pizza from cottage Inn, and chocolate cinnamon sticks, I dip em in hersheys syrup......lol it is a good night!:wtf2 btw I am day 231!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OK we didn't make the pizza we were too hungry and stopped off at McDernals on the way to the bark park and than off to the meeting. Came home had to do a few postings, though well I will drop in and check it out. So now Chance and I are looking at each other like

shiiiittttt can't we just chill LMAO

Okie Dokie we can chill

Going to take it easy and go watch our moving think that we are going to watch Big Daddy tonight
Old 01-26-2008, 05:33 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Sober is better than drunk or using.......you feel more like yourself with the support of Recovery.........

Find a Teddy Bear to Hug and a blanket to stay warm...... Fall asleep and you will dream the night away........

I am here for the night and thinking of making the most of my program.... Getting My Big Book and reading till I can't read anymore for the night............

Teddy "Chester" will keep me company while I grab that much needed blanket to stay warm on such a cold stormy night.............

Hang in there those of you that are still suffering and trying to find your place................. You can beat this mess you have gotten into....... I will pray for you all.....

Little Penguin
Old 01-26-2008, 05:41 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

I need to get a PS3..I am officially addicted to Guitar Hero now.
Never played until Christmas. What a great game.
Old 01-26-2008, 08:15 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Glad y'all are here, and that this thread's going--

I'm missing a raucous kereoke night with a bunch of friends tonight, because I KNOW what mistakes I'd make if I went. I'm staying in, and will be posting around here instead...but drag nabbit, what a huge temptation to go drink whiskey and sing House of the Rising Sun.

Most nights I've really enjoyed being sober. Tonight is not one of those nights.

Thankful for y'all,

B'sT
Old 01-26-2008, 08:31 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Joey, I missed this but i'm SOOOOOO proud of you today!! Thank you for being here and sharing.

HuGGGGGGs~

Originally Posted by joey8262 View Post
well i made it past midnite-which for me is pretty important-now all ive gota do is get to the morning now-i think am gona go and try and get some sleep-thanx 4 the support guys-spk tomorrow-all take it easy

nite
Old 01-26-2008, 09:01 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

Couldn't get a date, huh, RK?
Old 01-26-2008, 09:03 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Naturally Occuring Phenomenon

Another sober saturday nite (bout thru). I always feel anxious on the weekends. Thats about 9 straight for me, can't bother to count it rite now. no Vangogh in the coffee Sunday morning either...redbull- cigarettes-reading...
Old 01-26-2008, 09:04 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SF69 View Post
Mimi, I was thinking about that yesterday after noticing many people with cat or dog avatars.

My cats definitely were part of my wanting to quit, and are big part of my wanting to keep sober.
I know what you mean - my cat really helps, its funny isn't it? She gives me something else to look after and think about...she's happier too now as I don't fall asleep on top of her lol
Mx
Old 01-27-2008, 02:10 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

well-i made it through-feel a bit sort of hung over this mornin-heads in a bit of a muddle-i've just started the next bit-getting rid of all that shi*ty alcohol i've had stashed round the house-the support last nite guys helped me so much....thanks-am going to keep posting on here cos to be honest its really making me feel different about this-like i'm not alone-i've never had anything like this before to help me and its a BIG help.
Old 01-27-2008, 02:17 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Yessss totally agree Joey..
SR rocks, meeting people that are at the same stages as well as words of wisdom from the old timers [not meaning 'old' of course lol]
Keep going!!! Day 5 for me - c'monnnnnnnnnn :ghug
Mx
Old 01-27-2008, 02:32 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

lol mimi-i'm going to find something to do wi dan 2day-my lad-am gona take him cinema or bowling or something-i cant be sitting around vegetating anymore-it's only adding to the boredom and the temptation to have a drink-i've noticed people talking about"triggers" well i know now where my triggers are-and the main one is boredom-thats the one where it takes 5 seconds to get to the fridge and the the rest of the night preparing tomorrow morning's hangover !!!! no more for me thanks !
Old 01-27-2008, 02:55 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

I stayed in and sober on a Saturday night. First time in god knows how long. Up on a Sunday morning (11am here in UK) and been playing with the kids and enjoying myself. It is good not to have an hangover.

Spen
Old 01-27-2008, 08:24 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Spen -- agreed! A Sunday morning with no fog... What a Blessing...!

Joey -- enjoy that time with your son today... Take a mental snap-shot a few times and store it to take out later when those cravings sneak up.....

~C
Old 01-27-2008, 08:44 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Wink From an "old timer"

Great thread, RK2007, I've enjoyed following it so much. I'm so proud of you all for being brave enough at a young age to face this. My thread from 1/24 ("Brought to my knees...") says it all. After decades of fighting this beast I was doing well since finding SR in August, then fell down again. I'm back, stronger than ever, though on Day 14, so thankful to have the fog lifting again. You never have to go through what I did, you can turn it all around. No ruined relationships, no health or legal issues to destroy your life. My prayers are with you all. Love, Joanie
Old 01-27-2008, 08:50 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Thank you Joanie...

Your story is enlightening and inspirational, to say the least...

Thank you for being here.

~C
Old 01-27-2008, 09:33 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Here for the moment and Sat. night sort of peaceful .... Lots of HEAVY WIND AND RAIN....... Damaging here in Calif.. Pray for us all in This State..... Too much rain and all the mud slides are back... Not sure when all this is going to let up... Makes a person to go back to drink big time...

I am thinking positive for now and praying that God gives me the strength to carry on ...................... Think Serenity Prayer.......think Serenity Prayer... I keep telling myself all night and today........

Thank you for listening.....................

Little Penguin
Old 01-27-2008, 09:44 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Little Penguin, I always think of you guys out there on the "left coast" when these times come. Sending prayers - my parents lost a dear friend in a mudslide years ago. It must be terrifying. I don't need to tell you, it's best to face these things with a clear head (not that I always follow my own advice.) Prayers out to you. Joanie
Old 01-27-2008, 10:21 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Anxiety King

Originally Posted by mimi54321 View Post
I know what you mean - my cat really helps, its funny isn't it? She gives me something else to look after and think about...she's happier too now as I don't fall asleep on top of her lol
Mx

They just gave me another reason to keep sober. If I'm not up by 8am to feed them, they hop up in my bed and walk back and forth across the pillows (and my head) until I get up. Not much fun when trying to sleep off a wicked hangover. But this morning, I got up right away when they did this. They gave me a look like "wait, don't we have to do this another 15 min. before you get up?"

Hangovers. Sure don't miss them!