Notices

Two-Year Anniversary of Hands Across Time Zones

Old 02-27-2008, 05:58 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

All sick here some weeks ago..... Now all well.... but the sickness you have going on there rae is all over...... Will pray for you all that things get back to normal.........

I am staying low key for the rest of the day...... feeling depressed.....and need a pick me up .......H. not behaving and that is most of the cause..............Need loads of prayers and patience....

Little Penguin
Old 02-27-2008, 07:23 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  
Grateful Member!

So happy to see you all. Love you guys, things are good, busy as usual, spread to thin with volunteering and three young ones.

:ghug2
Old 02-28-2008, 06:52 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Thinking of you all today as I get my mind ready for the St Patrick's thing for my house...... I have a pink baseball cap that reads "Irish girl".....

Have a good day and talk to you all later...............

Little Penguin
Old 02-28-2008, 11:00 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

So good to see you, Paula...was thinking about you last night...going to give you a ring-a-ding-ding soon!

Just wanted to share from my "Each Day a New Beginning" (a gift on my 4th AA Anniversary):

The difficult spells in our lives come to an end. And, no matter the depth of our disturbance, we will survive. We forget that the depths teach us how to better appreciate the heights.
Old 02-29-2008, 06:51 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Thinking of you all today while I enjoy the sunshine the rest of this week........

Happy day to you all.........I am looking to catch the Leprachaun for March to get a bit of the Gold so I can add to my house....want a room or two to have a place to get away to for my peace of mind............

Little Penguin
Old 03-01-2008, 08:26 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

March 1st...Will it come in like a We're still waiting to see. So far, the weather is rather calm...although we did have one of the workers have a seizure and fall to the floor in the hallway...and, my roommate fell on the floor, because her wheelchair wasn't locked as she was reaching for her shoes!

Never a dull moment...this is definitely not a "rest home"!

Hope everyone is as well as this time of year allows. Lotsa coughing going on here...I'm trying to fly under the radar.
Old 03-02-2008, 09:35 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

Meow...

So far, March seems to have come in like a purring kitty... ...and, nobody seems to mind! I dunno...we used to enjoy trudging through knee-deep snow drifts. I think the more advanced we've become, the more spoiled we've become. Waddaya think!?!

Have a great Sunday!!!
Old 03-03-2008, 09:21 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

Spring is in the air...well, almost! It's supposed to go up to 55 today...get ready to plant some veggies, you green-thumb folks.

It must have been nice yesterday...my niece and her kids went to Pt. Pleasant, and they brought back some fudge for me. I'm a sucker for boardwalk fudge!
Old 03-05-2008, 09:22 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

That sleeping March Lion finally woke up and roared through here last night. Thunder, lightening, buckets of water! Woke all of the residents up, too...which didn't make the aides and nurses happy!

Supposed to be near 60 today...gotta get out on the patio! Catch up with you all later.
Old 09-13-2008, 08:58 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  
Grateful Member!

We are fast approaching 3 years HATZER's, let plan a party! I will bring the balloons.

Peace, love and strength to all of you.

Paula
Old 09-13-2008, 09:10 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Hi fellow HATZer's .

3 years? WooHoo!
Old 09-14-2008, 05:05 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Hello all,

How time flies!!

Speaking of which--Rae, you mentioned a "6" hour time difference back at the beginning of this thread. Boy do I wish!! This December when I fly back home I'll take off (hopefully) at 2:35 pm on a Tuesday from Tokyo and land (doubly-hopefully) at 1:35 pm in Detroit the same day. Talk about a time warp!

Sorry I haven't been checking in much. I've been getting ready for my new semester, which starts on Tuesday. I also was teaching a TOEFL course last week. I'm glad to be starting back up again.

Well, Tuesday will also be 8 weeks straight without any yeast excrement. To infinity and beyond!

I hope all are doing well and I will try to check in more often. Take care.

BMUS.
Old 09-14-2008, 03:22 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

How did you guys ever manage to resurrect this dinosaur of a thread!?! I thought it was closed by "the powers that be" a long time ago. I guess Old HATZ'ers never die...they just fade away...only to pop up again when you least expect them!

Paula...it was so good to talk to you on the phone today...can't wait to see you, the boys, and our pup Jenny Rae!

Valerie...We've had a heckuva summer here in Jersey, haven't we!

Michael...It does my heart good to know you're still hangin' in there. May The Force be with you!

Three years won't be until January...so, we'll have plenty of time to gather the troops and have a rip-roarin' shin-dig!!!
Old 09-14-2008, 05:29 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jersey Nonny View Post
How did you guys ever manage to resurrect this dinosaur of a thread!?! I thought it was closed by "the powers that be" a long time ago. I guess Old HATZ'ers never die...they just fade away...only to pop up again when you least expect them!
Guess we just have to wear the right HATZ for the season. I saw a wedding procession this summer and the bride was wearing the traditional headdress, which is designed to hide the "horns of jealousy" which are supposed to grow immediately after the ceremony (no, seriously).

Michael...It does my heart good to know you're still hangin' in there. May The Force be with you!
Ok, a bit of a mixed sci-fi metaphor, but we'll let that go as we've all killed a few more brain cells than we care to admit. Also, you had the added challenge of getting sober in New Jersey--which anybody who can do that has earned my respect. Heck, just growing up 15 minutes away from Jersey made me want to drink! (Of course, to be fair, the act of breathing in oxygen pretty much made me want to drink, so I can't chastise too much). Anywho, thanks for the thoughts and right back at you!

Three years won't be until January...so, we'll have plenty of time to gather the troops and have a rip-roarin' shin-dig!!!
Wow! 3 years. "Ahh, but I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now..."
Old 09-14-2008, 06:27 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Paula...it was so good to talk to you on the phone today...can't wait to see you, the boys, and our pup Jenny Rae!

Valerie...We've had a heckuva summer here in Jersey, haven't we!

Yep Rae, what a summer!

I am so happy to be a part of this small select group even if it drops off the page at times... sometimes for a long time lol, it's nice to know there are still HATZer's out there :ghug.

Looking forward to the real anniversary. We need to plan something BIG.
Old 09-15-2008, 06:32 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

WOW.....all this time gone by and we are still around having loads of fun.......

I stopped by to say hello to you all......and give loads of HUGS.......

Little Penguin
Old 09-15-2008, 12:54 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

Big Hugs right back atcha!!!

Forgive me, if I slobber all over you.
Old 09-16-2008, 10:54 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

I am loving it.......The photo is too cute.....

Have a good day and know that I am thinking about you...and wondering what you are up to these days....

Halloween is almost here and so are the rest of the holidays.....I am not ready for any of this ....Nor do I have the money to spend on anything...........

Little Penguin
Old 09-17-2008, 07:05 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Just want to say hey to those on my favorite thread. Today is day 59, take 2. Besides my first attempt at being sober (which lasted 4 1/2 months) this is probably the longest I've been without yeast excrement since high school. I'm looking forward to the day when I don't think at all about " this is day ___ without drinking". I guess I mean when not drinking is just the norm, not something that I've "given up". Oh well, take it as I can.

I did go to a party for work last night (good sashimi) and didn't have an urge to drink.

Take care all and don't be a strangler.
Old 09-18-2008, 12:28 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

Ok, a bit of a mixed sci-fi metaphor, but we'll let that go as we've all killed a few more brain cells than we care to admit.
This sounds like something my son would say, Michael. That's because he's an avid sci-fi buff, so he would know the difference. You can tell I don't know a Wookie from a Klingon...one alien life force is the same as another to me!

And, today is Day Sixty!!!