Notices

Two-Year Anniversary of Hands Across Time Zones

Old 01-11-2008, 10:51 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

I went back and read more carefully the Part 1 thread...what a wealth of recovery knowledge and just plain good old common sense...great stuff!
Old 01-12-2008, 09:02 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I am still here and wishing Dreamz would come back.........miss the little one and pray all going well......

I am always around and looking to keep my smile going................and looking for the Hugs to spread to others...............

Love ya all and must now keep moving as this is a weekend that is full of things to do...........while the sunshine is around ......

Little Penguin
Old 01-12-2008, 09:12 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

Good morning...yes, I miss many of the "regulars", too. It was good to see what everyone was up to each day. And, fun to know it didn't matter "where in the world" they were, we were always thinking of each other and looking forward to a daily dose of HATZ.
Old 01-17-2008, 12:46 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Grateful Member!

Hello All! Wow so great to see you Jane, are you covered in snow as per usual this time of year? And CLV, in NJ? How Cool. How are you adjusting to being back in the states?

I took my boys and Jenny Rae, our "good" dog as Griffin refers to her to see Rae this summer it was such a great time! I started a business so I am not on here as much as I would like to be, it bums me out when I come on and the HATZ thread is three pages back, but am always so comforted when I find it!

You guys are the best, big hug to all.
Michael, Max? Where are you boys? Love you Rae!!!
Old 01-17-2008, 02:36 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I'm here...better late than never! Hope we are still celebrating recovery Across the Time Zones.. I've got my HATZ on!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-18-2008, 10:34 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

I love you more, Jenny's Second Mommy!!!

But, of course, Miss C...it's still January, isn't it!?!
Old 01-19-2008, 07:27 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

You are here..... thought you left me all alone and no sight of where you went............................I am happy I found you today.........

Please don't hide like that again......I like games.....but not when I can't find someone.....and feel the upset building up.........

Love ya and want to know you are alright............this tells me you are still around.........................I only say this because I lost a good friend and neighbor at the start of the week....he died at the age of 92 and leaves his wife (age 90 ) still around for a while....and a daughter who will be 60..............He was special to my little one and loved her as if she was their grandaughter..............and still treat her that way............ No funeral services at his wishes and that is ok.....

For me I am here and doing what I need to for the day............trying to stay warm in the early morning.........and waiting for the day to warm up so I can get into the shorts..............YES.....

Have a good day for all those that check in today...........the sun is out here and that is good.........but things are a bit frozen till the sun warms things up............

Little Penguin
Old 01-21-2008, 08:11 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Another day to look forward to and with the rain........Lots of rain last night and the Cold.......I am staying warm and cozy today.......

A day to finish up some stuff next door so they can get started on moving stuff out and BUILD THE HOUSE UP.......What a job that will be and interesting....................

Will be glad when it is finished and I can get back to my own life.....................and so much more..............seems I am the one to keep an eye on everything when the work gets started.......OH WHAT FUN I WILL HAVE THESE NEXT FEW MONTHS.....just hope it pays like I was promised..................

Little Penguin
Old 01-22-2008, 02:40 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

No one around .......Are you all doing ok?

I am here and always am each day.... at least I try to be around checking on other areas...............

Praying for you all that your day is going well........

Little Penguin
Old 01-23-2008, 04:01 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

Sorry, penguin! I've been in a deep-blue funk myself, without even drinking, so I haven't been in SR for the past few days. Today marked one year that I'm in the nursing home...and, I'm still in denial, I guess...still trying to adjust, although there really isn't any alternative. I'm having trouble "accepting" the things I cannot change. But, I spoke to the psychologist today, and I'm feeling better. The day is almost over, and I got through it.

One good thing...my beloved football Giants won! Now, on to the Super Bowl.
Old 01-24-2008, 07:43 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

Feeling better today...back to normal (whatever that is). This, too, [/u]did[/u] pass!
Old 01-24-2008, 03:33 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Wow...... I am here for the moment... Lots of rain here and now the lightning and thunder..... Too much water and flooding loads of stuff.......... Oh... almost forgot the snow that is keeping things real cold here......

Hugs for all you today.................. and smiles........

Little Penguin
Old 01-28-2008, 07:48 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Hello everyone...... another weekend gone and now it a new day with some sunshine.................

Rain still here with all the other stuff......

Hanging in there and having loads of fun getting ready Valentine's Day coming up for FEBRUARY........ Have to help kid with school stuff......

Using my head and teaching my kid how to make special Valentine Bookmarks out of felt........ So far so good......

Think of you rae.........hope you are doing ok just for today........

Little Penguin
Old 01-30-2008, 10:15 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

This is a lonely spot today and for the last couple days....

Anyone around....?

Rae.....worried about you....hope all going ok for now...

The rain is sort of away for now.....but coming back to an already soaked California....... Now come the mud slides.......YUK...

Little Penguin
Old 02-01-2008, 08:32 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

Good Friday Morning, HATZ'ers, and everyone else! It's pouring rain here, and I'm trying to keep my mood from matching the gloom of the weather.

Went to a doctor's appointment Wednesday...he again suggested the possibility of skin graft for the leg wound...and wants a consult with a vascular surgeon. Is this thing ever going to heal!?! He wrote on the diagnosis, "Patient becoming depressed because of chronic leg wound." Well, DUH!!! It's almost three months since he operated.

Getting ready for Super Bowl here. At least it's something fun to look forward to.

I'm having steak for lunch...my niece brought it, and the kitchen will cook it for me. Just hope they don't ruin it. Catch up with you later.
Old 02-01-2008, 10:02 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Rae . Been missing you! I'm glad you posted... was getting concerned.

Steak sounds nice. If you bring in your own stuff they'll cook to order? That's not a bad deal. So when does the doctor get back to you about the vascular surgeon consult?
Old 02-02-2008, 07:14 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Looking for the peace I need as lady that is going to move in next door after renovating her parents house has become a pain.......... I have done loads of work for her for over 9 years.... With helping with her parents while they still lived next door and then doing all the packing for the past year when they went to a care home....

Too bad some people have to be so mean....... she didn't pay me near enough for what I did...... she didn't do any of the packing or cleaning to get the place to smell better nor take care of the plants and clean the weeds from the yard.........I DID ALL THAT.... and even made a list of everything she had in the house................

I am done doing for this one and blocked her from emailing me and so much more............ sends her a message that she did me wrong by calling and telling me off 6 times one day and the next day as well...... sorry I can't put up with this in my life....

I do have other things to do and don't need her telling me what to do with all her "talk of lawyers and such..."

Recovery is more important than putting up with difficult people.....

I am on the road to better myself today and for the future.....

I will watch the Super Bowl with my Husband and daughter.....try to relax and do some other projects.....

Pray for me.......... I am feeling the pains of Stress in my chest and that isn't good...... Need a break big time.........

Little Penguin
Old 02-03-2008, 09:59 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

Hi, HATZ'ers! Hope you're feeling better today, penguin...it's a beautiful day here in Jersey...springlike, and I'm wearing a shirt that says "Let It Snow"...getting a lot of "Boos" from the other residents. But, it has to sometime, right!?!

We'll be watching the game here...maybe about six or so who'll be able to stay up that late. Going to be in the small activities room with the big-screen tv, instead of the big lobby with the small-screen tv. The kitchen is going to provide little hotdogs and soda...I have a huge bag of cheese popcorn. Should be fun! I hope your team wins (as long as it's the Giants).

GO GIANTS!!!
Old 02-03-2008, 10:02 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Hi Hatzers!
Old 02-04-2008, 06:15 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

What a game we had with the super bowl...........WOW.... and a close one for the NY Giants....... didn't think they were going to make it.....

Anyway........ I am hanging in there and feeling like I need to for the moment...................

Pray for me .......I need the help.........

LIttle Penguin