Notices

Raped

Old 10-17-2007, 09:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
I'm a Pickle

Unhappy Raped

Pretty much what happened to me last night. Nothing good EVER happens to me when I drink. Yet I cant seem to quit. I hate myself so much.
Old 10-17-2007, 09:46 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
let it grow!

i just sent you a message before i saw this post.

you gotta get into treatment, wiscgirl. or involved in aa. please, give it a try? i worry about you like i worry about my daughter - you are so vulnerable when you black out...

hugs, k
Old 10-17-2007, 09:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
I'm a Pickle

I know....
Old 10-17-2007, 09:48 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

Sorry to hear that wiscgirl. I was raped once while drunk and can imagine you must feel very low.

Please talk to someone - a rape crisis centre or someone.
Old 10-17-2007, 09:51 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Wiscgirl - I am so sorry about what happened to you. Please get help - get a doctor's checkup (STDs, etc. - sorry to be so forward but I am worried for you) and please don't hate yourself. You are among friends here - we love you no matter how you feel about yourself. Let our care and concern guide you right now to whatever is the best way to get help - AA, doctors, councellor, whatever. Hope & healing to you!
Old 10-17-2007, 09:52 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
I'm a Pickle

I dont even know if it was rape. I know that I slept with him. I was scared of him. I went out of the house and called someone to pick me up on the street. I dont know what it was. All know is I am stupid and yea, I feel disgusting. I did go home with him...so I guess it is my fault. I dont have my freaking phone. I dont have my car. I just am pathetic.
Old 10-17-2007, 09:55 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

You aren't pathetic - but you DO need help. I've been where you are, and it's not a nice place to be.
Please call someone and start getting well.
Old 10-17-2007, 09:57 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Hon at this point in time you really need to do a couple of things, if you KNOW you were raped and who did it then you need to call the police, if you don't you will basically be raping his next victim.

Second you need to do as odaat suggested and go to a rape crisis center.

To stop this from happening again due to drinking you need to see your doctor and get into some sort of treatment followed by AA or some other long term face to face support group.

Rape is a very common part of many recovered female alcoholics, today they have moved on beyond that and are sober and happy. I can assure you that if you went to a womens only meeting of AA and shared what has happened to you that there will be more then one woman who has been through the same thing that will take you by the hand and help you through this.

You are only alone in this if you choose to be, there are women out there in the rooms just waiting for YOU to walk through that door to where you can help them stay sober by them helping you get and stay sober!
Old 10-17-2007, 10:04 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
let it grow!

tazman made me cry...
Old 10-17-2007, 10:17 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hun if you have been raped, and your asking yourself the questions if you were raped then unfortuntely you probably were.

You aren't pathetic, and nor is it your fault. It doesn't matter if you had been drinking or not, no one is allowed to have unconsensual sex, even if you go back to there house, you sit in there bedroom..it doesn't give them the right to have sex with you.

I think the law is also changing or has changed...if a person is not able to make the decision to have sex due to drink or drugs, then its classed as rape. There was a case recentely and the girl was able to prosecute her rapist...

So its not ur fault.

You have been given some good advice, get to the doctors/hospital you need for you own health to have the checks even if you decide not to report it.

I can relate to how you are feeling as I was drug raped in 2005, I hid away, and didn't deal with it..so the feelings grow bigger and stronger the harder I tried to push it away, the more depressed I became. If you can start talking to someone about how last night made you feel, you will regain power and control.

Thinking of you.xxxx
Old 10-17-2007, 10:24 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
I'm a Pickle

Im not sure I was raped. I know I was afraid, but I dont know why. I am wishing my friend would call me to tell me what I told her last night, cuz I cant remember the whole situation. Did I sleep with him willingly? I dont know. All I know is I felt I needed to get away. But that could have just been my altered state of mind. I really dont know. I just cant believe I am 32 years old and keep doing the same old crap. I told parent recovers that I could be one of those girls they find murdered by the river, which happens in Wisconsin way too much... and no one would even know who I left with or what the hell happened to me. When I go out with my friend I always go out with (same girl all the time it seems...we are bad for each other) we both drink till oblivian and both black out. Not looking out for each other. It is sooo dangerous. I have walked home in the winter with no shoes. I could freeze to death. I get so drunk and out of my mind that I honestly dont know what I am doing at ALL. I could easily wander into the woods somewhere or something and freeze to death. I know all this...yet I still do it...thinking "this time" I wont get so drunk.....
Old 10-17-2007, 10:26 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
not a greeter

wiscgirl. Please take everyone's advice and begin to take care of you.
Old 10-17-2007, 10:26 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

It's not your fault

Originally Posted by wiscgirl30 View Post
I dont even know if it was rape. I know that I slept with him. I was scared of him. I went out of the house and called someone to pick me up on the street. I dont know what it was. All know is I am stupid and yea, I feel disgusting. I did go home with him...so I guess it is my fault. I dont have my freaking phone. I dont have my car. I just am pathetic.
Hi wiscgirl30, it's not your fault no one has the right to put their hand on you not matter what. Please get the help you need, and then try AA, I hope you didn't get raped let us love you until you can love yourself.

Your friend

Sneakers,: Val004:
Old 10-17-2007, 10:33 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
I'm a Pickle

You are all so sweet.... Thank you....
Old 10-17-2007, 11:07 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Coffee Drinker

Just wanted to send you a kitty hug.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
hug_a_cat.jpg (34.6 KB, 127 views)
Old 10-17-2007, 11:27 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

O hun. My heart goes out to you. That's right - it's not your fault.

I did all that. Never even remembering how I got home or who the man was. More than once it was with nutters. If I didn't get away early enough, I would have to try to get home in the morning but by then I was too sick.

I think my Higher Power was watching out for me and I think your's has been too. When I stopped putting the alcohol into my body, I stopped being in that sort of danger.

You have had some really good advice. I hope you decide to stop drinking and join us in a new life.
Old 10-17-2007, 11:30 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

If you were afraid, then even if you said yes you were clearly in no state to actually say yes and know what you said yes to.

Hun, I really feel you need to speak to someone urgently as this will keep playing on your mind and will send you over the top ~ I have been there, I left it 3 months before speaking to someone, I went into self destruction mode and brokedown on the 30th January 2006 and ended up in hospital. If I can stop or help anyone ending up how I did then I will.

I'm not trying to scare you, i'm just trying to be honest.

Please get the help you deserve and need, you need to do this for you as you are more then worth it.

Thinking of you (and I really am)

xxxxx
Old 10-17-2007, 11:36 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

i'm so sorry you had to go through that. i can't speak from experience but i can only imagine the pain and terror. i hope you are able to get some help and get to some AA. taalking to everyone here really helps so keep us posted
Old 10-17-2007, 11:58 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
I'm a Pickle

I have my AODA appt on Monday. I will tell her everything. I am waiting for my friend to tell me what I told her happened last night and I will keep you updated if you want. I have to work tonight and tomorrow, but maybe will try for an AA meeting on Friday. My regular counselor also gave me the name and number of a woman who is in AA and I will call her maybe this weekend. Im sure you all get so frustrated with me..... Thank you for being here....
Old 10-17-2007, 12:23 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
let it grow!

reach out...k