Notices

Raped

Old 10-17-2007, 04:53 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
I'm a Pickle

I like when you are on your soapbox mama. You are right. Cant change it. Go beyond it. Dont do it again...
Old 10-17-2007, 05:32 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Hang in there sweetie. me and you, we'll stay sober for today. Whuddya say?
Old 10-17-2007, 05:36 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
I'm a Pickle

Sounds like a plan.
Old 10-17-2007, 05:38 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Good, because if I don't have someone to stay sober with, I'm drinking alone
Old 10-17-2007, 07:53 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by rloomer View Post
Good, because if I don't have someone to stay sober with, I'm drinking alone

you are never alone.

got it?
Old 10-17-2007, 11:26 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

hey wiscgirl - i hope you are doing better. i just found out a friend of mine is going through the same thing and she is terrified so i am trying to help her through it.
Old 10-18-2007, 03:19 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
"Grateful to be Sober."

Hi there wicgirl, i'm so sorry to hear what happened to you. I send my love. I know all to well what it is like to drnk to oblivian and then wake up next to someone. Sometimes i've not known what happened- did i consent? The truth is though when someone is in such a state they cant remember a decent human would not want to take advantage. Don't beat yourself up about this- i have done, but try using the energy to sort things out so it doesn't happen again- thats what i have done. I hope you pull through this- reading your posts it does sound like your on the right track now though, thinking of you
Old 10-18-2007, 05:29 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Take care of yourself and do go to the doctors to check you over please.
Old 10-18-2007, 06:13 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  
I'm a Pickle

I know. Im so embarrassed to go get that done... Ugh.
Old 10-18-2007, 07:01 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

"this time" I wont get so drunk.....
This is the "insanity" spoken of in Step #2
Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.
We have all experienced this type of thinking, I always thought that I would control it next time, that I could once again be able to get that old feeling and not suffer the aftermath of it. I was insane for thinking I could control my drinking, I kept doing the same thing over and over again and getting the same results and my insanity still continued to overcome reality and I always wound up drinking again.

My regular counselor also gave me the name and number of a woman who is in AA and I will call her maybe this weekend.
Why not give her a call RIGHT now!!! Guess what? You calling her will help her stay sober today, when my sponsee calls me or we are working on the steps together he is helping me stay sober, when someone calls me at 3 am because they want a drink they are helping me stay sober!

In AA I have found that I can not keep what I have unless I freely give it away!

Im sure you all get so frustrated with me..... Thank you for being here....
No I am not frustrated with you at all, I want to thank you for helping me stay sober today.
I am a binge drinker and everyone else there was an "everyday" drinker and I felt very out of place and like it didn't help...
You will find every type of alcoholic in AA, I was a binge drinker who progressed into a maintenance/binge drinker. In other words I was a daily drinker who would tie one on every chance I got!

When it comes to a daily drinker or binge drinker that are alcoholics there is no difference in the solution at all, do not drink one day at a time, go to meetings, get a sponsor, work and live the steps, work with other alcoholics and you will not get drunk.
Old 10-18-2007, 07:29 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Wiscgirl here is a quote from the book "Alcoholics Anonymous":
If you have decided you want what we have and are willing to go to any length to get it -- then you are ready to take certain steps.
Are you "willing to go to any length to get it"?

If you are then pick up the phone and call that AA woman, she is waiting for your call.

To be honest every woman in AA is waiting for you to call! Why? Because you help them stay sober!!!! That may be hard to understand now, but once you get into AA and start recovering you will understand.

You will find in AA that as you evolve from "I" to "We" you are on the path to sobriety.

You know what to do, if you want to stay sober more then you want to drink you will do it, no excuses!

I am tired, or I am hung over, or I am sick, just does not cut it, this is simply alcoholism maintaining control over you, if your disease is like mine it will dream up every excuse in the world to allow it to kill you.

Stopping drinking for an alcoholic is not about feeling batter, it is a matter of life or death, when an alcoholic stops drinking they save thier own life, feeling better and happy is simply a byproduct of saving your own life.

Drink and die, or stop and live, pretty darn simple, did I want to die? Nope! As a result I became willing to go to any length to get and stay sober simply to live, me feeling better and being happy today is but a byproduct of me choosing to live.
Old 10-18-2007, 07:59 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  
I'm a Pickle

I honestly don't know what I would say to her....
Old 10-18-2007, 08:04 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

Originally Posted by wiscgirl30 View Post
I honestly don't know what I would say to her....
I had my first phonecall the other day, and I said to her that I was very nervous and couldn't think what to say. She said that she understood and she did most of the talking, asking me questions, telling me about her. Perhaps if you call and explain how you feel, she'd do similar?
Old 10-18-2007, 08:11 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  
I'm a Pickle

ok...
Since you all are on my a** I will call her today... LOL. I mean that in the sweetest and best way possible.
Old 10-18-2007, 08:17 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

get on it and keep us posted!
Old 10-18-2007, 08:34 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Determined

ok...
Since you all are on my a** I will call her today... LOL. I mean that in the sweetest and best way possible.
Just caught this thread.

Hope you are makin that call!!! I don't post much these days but felt I had to let you know there is a way out. There is light at the end of the darkest tunnel and the tallest uphill struggle eventually evens out.

You can do this. You have an amazing power within you, you have the power to save your life...please use it.

I havnt read any other of your posts and I am sure others will have said this to you but it was the one thing that really helped me is that you can choose never to feel like this again.

What has happened is truly awful and I have no concept of what you are going through. I think the advice of someone (sorry cant remember who) was great just call and say it has taken you a couple of days to phone and you are scared and don't know what to say and the rest will happen.

Stay strong hun. You CAN do this

Lots of hugs:ghug2
Old 10-18-2007, 08:43 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  
I'm a Pickle

Ok, so I called. She was really awesome and nice. I told her she can come to this site (she had never heard of it) and read some of my stories so that she knows a little bit about me. Taz - you were right, she was really happy that I called. And we have a plan to go to a meeting on Saturday at 11 a.m. Yay!
Old 10-18-2007, 08:44 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Old 10-18-2007, 08:51 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  
let it grow!

Ok, so I called. She was really awesome and nice. I told her she can come to this site (she had never heard of it) and read some of my stories so that she knows a little bit about me. Taz - you were right, she was really happy that I called. And we have a plan to go to a meeting on Saturday at 11 a.m. Yay!

another prayer answered! proud of you, wiscgirl!

Old 10-18-2007, 08:53 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Wiscgirl do you have any trouble talking to someone you do not know in a bar?

What do you talk about?

You could simply say "I heard you were in AA, could you tell me about it?" Trust me, she knows exactly how nervous and scared you are to call her, rmember she has been where you are at right now, wanting and saying "I want to quit" "I am going to call when I feel better." "Oh yea, I will call tomorrow."