Notices

Need my friend's support today..

Old 09-14-2007, 09:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
believer

Need my friend's support today..

Ok...i know i shouldn't ask for your support, but i need it...I have to forget i have a depression for now, i have to stop being suicidal, things more important have appeared and i need to get my spirit of a fighter back..

I am very distraught, i did not accompany my mom to the eye doctor, because i felt too depressed, couldn't get out of the house..For the first time i wasn't there..And it became the time she needed me more...

My mom went to another doctor than the one she went to for all this years..And it was such a different analysis...I am so mad at the other doctor, he let us believe that the only thing needed was the simple eye shots..I remember he gave those shots to more than 10 people in an hour with no explanation..After all, the sweet talk only did worse..Well now there's nothing else for Mom but going to surgery next week...It's a 50/50 shot..If she doesn't do it,...so she has to do it, but still there's that probability of getting better or stop seeing..God willing she will see..I can't believe there's another fight for my mom...I can't tell you how many eye surgeries she's had..She's 60, started at 14 having eye troubles, i don't think i deserve my mom..She's too good...The doctor says there's a hole inside the eye..So we are going to count on some gas shots to fill the space..This doctor is telling us the truth..so it's good..

I would like to ask for some good energy...we sure need it...

and is there anybody here who knows anything about these miracle shots?...I know there are some new procedures being developed in Japan..What about the US?...I just wanted to see if it's the same procedure we're doing next week.....

I wish i could change shoes with her..

love you all...
Old 09-14-2007, 09:28 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
(((karim))) When life gets a little overwhelming I have to remember that short AA slogan "First Things First". What can I focus on just for this moment, just for today?

For me, God comes first, sobriety next, then being of service to others. The rest falls into place when I trust and have faith.

Prayers going out for you and your Mom, know that you are loved.
Old 09-14-2007, 09:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

Karim -- we're here to support you. even though it's hard to ask for it sometimes.......you have to ask for support.

I don't know much about the eye shots or surgery but I'm sending good vibes to you and your mother.
Old 09-14-2007, 09:32 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

OK, sweetie...I don't like what I hear...:smileeek: You know who is at work with these kind of thoughts...and it sure as smoke is not the Man in the beautiful picture on your signature line...

"I shouldn't ask for your support" Why not? isn't that why we are all here together?

"I don't think I deserve my mom - she's too good" I bet that would break your mom's heart if she heard it...as a mom, I can tell you that!

I hope and pray for good things for your mother, Karim, she must be a good woman to have raised such a wonderful child...give up on the bad thinking, and, soon, if you haven't already, talk to a doc. about your depression. If I am remembering correctly from another thread, that is something that is going to be very difficult for you, but it needs to be done, friend.

Sorry I don't know anything about your questions with your mom's procedure, but prayer is coming your way.

Keep your eyes fixed on that beautiful picture and keep your thoughts on the Man in it. He will lead you through...St. Paul said, "Suffering produces endurance, endurance produces character, character produces hope, and Hope does not disappoint us"...keep strong and keep close to His Everfaithful Heart...
Old 09-14-2007, 09:34 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Sending you love and prayers, Karim, and for your Mom. You've both been blessed with beautiful spirits.
Old 09-14-2007, 09:46 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
not a greeter

You have your friends support Karim, that's what friends do. I've never heard of these shots before but her doctor has and if that's what he recommends, then that's what she needs. I'm sure you are there for your mom as much as you can be Karim... she knows it. She knows what you go through and when you're suffering. I am positive she doesn't have any bad feelings for missing the appointment. How do I know? Because I am a mom. She loves you, we love you and we know you are a good son. Prayers for you and your mom . I can only hope my sons are as sweet and caring towards me when they get older as you are.
Old 09-14-2007, 09:56 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Ok...i know i shouldn't ask for your support, but i need it...
I am not being mean when I say this.... but BULL!!!!

Hey the only way I ever got sober and have stayed sober was by reaching out for support and asking for help!!

If we were F2F I would give you a good old fashioned AA/fatherly hug (I am qualified) and then let you know that I will have you and your mom in my prayers.
Old 09-14-2007, 10:45 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Karim I hope you are feeling some of the energy I am sending your way because I sware I am sending it, my uncle had something similar while he was living in the UK, it did improve his sight only slightly but he can still drive so that is a good thing I hope!!! I have really big shoulders hope you can use em!
Old 09-14-2007, 10:50 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Karim,

I am sending positive energy your way...
Old 09-14-2007, 11:12 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

hi karim.

I'm sorry about your mom for all the things she has to endure.
I'm glad you posted and reaching out for help

anyway, since you put your depression aside. can you put your guilt
aside too just for today..okay.
Old 09-14-2007, 11:14 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Karim,

I am glad that you are there for you Mom! She will so appreciate that.

And, the fact that her dr is being honest with you is a big help, in my opinion. I think it's good to know exactly where we stand.

I wish there was more I could do to help you, but I truly believe in the energy of prayer and I am sending lots of prayers your way for you and your Mom.

Take care of yourself and your Mom.
Old 09-14-2007, 11:49 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
No more merlot, more mamma

K,

Sending positive thoughts for you and your Mom..

Big hugs

Karen
Old 09-14-2007, 11:57 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
cmc

karim,
Love and prayers and a motherly hug from another 'mom' who, like Taz says, is "qualified."
Take care of yourself, first of all for God and then for: YOU, your mom....and us too. (in that order)
Old 09-14-2007, 12:10 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Sending positive thoughts your way Karim.
Old 09-14-2007, 12:16 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
believer

Group hug..!

thank you to each and everyone..good energy going back cuz love does go around!
Old 09-14-2007, 01:35 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

<<<<<<<<<GIGGLES>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> someone grabbed my butt on that last group hug!!!! :thefinger
Old 09-14-2007, 02:19 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
believer

lol..only you..lol..thks for making me laugh once again..

I am feeling much better..i don't know if it's my current state of mind, but i can't be anything but positive towards Mom's struggles..I know God will make the best..We are all his children..So we're doing this with positivity, and i am not gonna loose the smile on my face..Dad has been amazingly supportive, that alone makes me think somebody in the sky is making miracles, he doesn't look like the same man, we're almost friends now...So let's go for it!
Old 09-14-2007, 02:27 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

go for what you know babe!!!!!!
Old 09-14-2007, 02:51 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Hey Karim...If you remember back in May what I did because of my grams health.
Let me tell you...When she came running in the house...Out of everything that is burned in my mind..Is her reaction and the look on her face.
I dont remember anything else up until 3 days later when I came to.
I dont remember doing what I did after the eating all those pills.
I am so glad I did not succeed. I would have just been slamming that nail in her coffin. And I have been using that as an excuse to keep slipping further and further into darkness.
I have finally snapped out of it.
She would never recover from that if I would have succeeded. And thank God for my cousin finding me when he did or I would not be here right now.

Point being..Your mom needs you right now. And as much as it hurts and as hard as it may be to suck it up.
That is the best thing you can do. Is sacrifice just like she has for you and be as strong as you can be and be there.
I can not stress this enough.
Letting yourself falll into yourself because of this and her seeing it isnt going to help her any. Because she will be worrying about you as well.
You need to focus on getting her better and it will...even though it is hard and doesnt seem like it now...It will Benefit you in the long run as well to know you were there for her.
That is what is pulling me out of my darkness I have been in since Dec.
I stopped feeling sorry for myself and took my stand to make sure I am there for her as she has been for me.
And it really has helped me as well even in my recovery.
Karim..You are such a great person...always so helpful and caring.
Please dont ever even play with the thought of suicide.
It would be a shame and such a waste to deprive your mom and the world of such a gentle soul.
You know I am always here for you and sending lot of prayers for you.
Old 09-14-2007, 03:17 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
believer

I agree with you..I think maybe God brought me this problem so i focus on fighting instead of giving up..

thanks..lov ya...thanks all for taking the time to say very inspirational words...