Notices

xanax causing more anger?

Old 07-18-2007, 11:20 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Chiy..

I read this thread because it seemed you have realized a problem with anger issues.

I stopped reading for awhile because you kept starting new threads..and

observed that everyone who cares about you ran to and fro to respond and

try to help.

You received excellent advice..and when the thread was not going to your

liking..you would start another one. It seems you are begging to hear

what you want hear ..instead of listening and taking simple suggestions.

We've all done this at times. You are not alone.

You need advice from others who have gone on before..most of us have

been near certain death...you have...and I have more than a few times.

It does really bother me when you get angry and attack folks with less than perfect

grammar and spelling. Some have English as a second language..others

struggle with mild to sever forms of dyslexia...or both. We need be mindful

of this...

What I do not understand is how you apologize and attack on the same thread..

"..It would surely be last thing you ever said..."

What gives with that? A threat?

IO
Old 07-18-2007, 11:26 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Please be careful with the Xanax...

Gee..no doctor would ever give me a benzo...

I was detoxed from Xanax due to a 20 year (prescribed) habit.

Maybe becaused I OD'd on it...

IO
Old 07-18-2007, 12:00 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Chiy..

I don't post on here much even though I read quite a bit and it helps me to read but it's people like you that just drive me away from this board. You just seem to request soo much attention and like someone said earlier, if you don't like the way a conversation is going you start a new thread with some new drama.

Heck, it doesn't even seem like you're taking your sobriety serious.. Do some reasearch on things before you post over and over and over... Xanax does NOT make you angry, maybe it's the other drugs you're detoxing from that are making you feel this way.

In any case, you come on here and try to talk "tough" to the point where you sound gheto. Saying that if anyone said what there write to your face it would be the last thing they said.. Please, who are you trying to fool, it's almost comedic what you write.

Sorry to sound so rude and I do wish you well in recovery.. I will just avoid your posts because you just seem to rub me the wrong way.

Mostly everyone on here is awsome and very helpfull so please stick around and listen once in a while
Old 07-18-2007, 12:47 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Chiy,

The anger you are experiencing is most likely due to your Dopamine levels being off. Cocaine does this. Your brain explodes with dopamine when you use cocaine. You depleted it with the drug abuse. Dopamine is our natural feel good natural body chemical. It will come back and restore.

You will get past this.

As far as my comment with the forum being exclusive to you--Maybe my use of the word exclusive was not the right word to use. You know what you are doing. I don't need to spell it out, it already has been above.
You are a bully. Plain and simple. You make threats and antagonize. Help yourself, no one here with their pollyanna BS can solve your problems. GET REAL.

I too will avoid your threads, they are frustrating.

Wishing you luck in finding sobriety.
Old 07-18-2007, 01:02 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Dito Chi..

i relasped after 11 years of being clean and sober and obvilously
I was looking for alternatve method of recovery..no more AA or NA.
i surfed or serched for other issues i had but everything lead me
back..I actaully got linked into SR...lol

I was still drinking so i just hovered and read the stuff that the modes
right everyday. Those dailey meditations or priciple in each section.
tried to practice it whille still drinking...lol It totally screwed me up.
and i was still looking for other ways of working on my problems and
not stoping the drinking..lol

After hitting a emotional bottom , i actaully got the nerve to post.
well..people where nice to me supporting to stand me up.
then other people told me like it is "get your arss back to a meeting"lol
obviousely..i didn't wanna do that...didn't these people understand me,
I wanted an alternative...lol

then i made progress..lol i actaully went to meetings.
yeap..the first meeting i tried to attend the damn doors where closed.
it took me over a week to actaully make in through the doors.
I read the schedule all wrong..lol had the date mix up. Didn't pay close
attendtions to details...bi weekly or Building number.lol
i wasn't totally clear headed to begin with

i didn't say much at meetings...obviousely, i didn't tell anyone or mention
that I relapsed after 11 years..lol i mean why should I tell anyone, it's
none of their busssiness and no one needs to know.

Then people here on SR told me like it is..be honest, admitt you relapsed,
throw your pride or ego away or you'll get drunk again or go crazy.
obviousely..i didn't want do that. I struggle with that for 3 weeks going
out of my mind.

it's call a support group for a reasons. The soft love and the tuff love.
The balance, if i just pay attention to people the tells me what i wanna
hear and baby me, don't get me wrong..we all need some LTC.
I'll just stay there in the hole that i dug..yes, I'll stand up, but i not going anywhere.
it's the tuff love that actaully yank my butt out of the hole or
get me into actions and starts claiming out of the hole.

you think I'm tuff..i old timers here on SR kept it really short and
told me straight up, for me.

I had to go to the meeting and keep up my 1 day chip, again...that totally sucked,
but it set me free.
Old 07-18-2007, 02:16 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

This will be my final post here. And none of you are going to like it.
First up

I read this thread because it seemed you have realized a problem with anger issues.

I stopped reading for awhile because you kept starting new threads..and

observed that everyone who cares about you ran to and fro to respond and

try to help.

You received excellent advice..and when the thread was not going to your

liking..you would start another one. It seems you are begging to hear

what you want hear ..instead of listening and taking simple suggestions.

We've all done this at times. You are not alone.

You need advice from others who have gone on before..most of us have

been near certain death...you have...and I have more than a few times.

It does really bother me when you get angry and attack folks with less than perfect

grammar and spelling. Some have English as a second language..others

struggle with mild to sever forms of dyslexia...or both. We need be mindful

of this...

What I do not understand is how you apologize and attack on the same thread..

"..It would surely be last thing you ever said..."

What gives with that? A threat?

IO
Nothing you ever say to me makes sense . And if this board is clicky like some have stated..You are the leader in that. I started different threads for different issues. And I get sick of seeing the same old topics all the time. I have alot to say and not all pertain to the one topic. Also I was not here for english 101 so get over yourself. I take every response I get in stride whether I like it or not. But I will not tolerate being talked down to. And I have attacked noone except one person and I aplogized already for that. I am not begging for nothing except to hear only the truth.

Now for you Macphisto
Chiy..

I don't post on here much even though I read quite a bit and it helps me to read but it's people like you that just drive me away from this board. You just seem to request soo much attention and like someone said earlier, if you don't like the way a conversation is going you start a new thread with some new drama.

Heck, it doesn't even seem like you're taking your sobriety serious.. Do some reasearch on things before you post over and over and over... Xanax does NOT make you angry, maybe it's the other drugs you're detoxing from that are making you feel this way.

In any case, you come on here and try to talk "tough" to the point where you sound gheto. Saying that if anyone said what there write to your face it would be the last thing they said.. Please, who are you trying to fool, it's almost comedic what you write.

Sorry to sound so rude and I do wish you well in recovery.. I will just avoid your posts because you just seem to rub me the wrong way.

Mostly everyone on here is awsome and very helpfull so please stick around and listen once in a while
If I intimidate you and drive you away..That is your problem. Not mine. My new threads if you pay attention all pertain to very different topics. As far as threats..No it was not a threat. I am not one of those computer hide behind my monitor bad asses. So what if I am ghetto. Are you being racist with that remark? I grew up in the ghetto and thats just how I am. But I'll tell you this I am very educated as well and wont bore anyone with my many achievments. Drugs have made me stray from what I could have been. And believe me it was suppose to be something alot greater than what I turned out to be. An addict just like every one of you. And I dont TRY to talk tough. If you took the time to read my past post beyond this past month you would see A whole different me. And I am sorry to tell you but xanax does have an adverse affect on some people where they becaome delusional and violent. Me being one and my ex Bf brother who is doing natural life from the age of 18 for beating his best friend to death without relising it. So maybe YOU need to research before opening your mouth. And I get plenty attention from my family and home support. I dont need to come on a computer to feel worthy. And be rude all you want. No sweat off my back. I am the bad guy anymore. I dont even know who the hell you are. Nor have I seen any posts from you to know. And I doubt you would be thinking it was comedy if you were to come face to face with me. Take that how you want. Nuff said.

To the rest of you. The ones who have enough class to keep it civil. I will miss you and thank you all for all your support over these past 5 months.
But I am not gonna be a target here anymore by clueless holier than thou people who think because they have sober time that it is Ok to to belittle someone in need of help and support. Whether I be annoying or not. I am in distress and not everyone can snap their fingers and be in treatment or a meeting. It is not as easy as you people make out to be.
I am sad to leave here. But then again..The responses I have been getting are just hurtful. It wasnt like this when I had a little clean time myself and didnt have a problem in the world to post. But as soon as I fall to my lowest of low. Everyone wants to look down their nose at me.
Tan hasta luego a todo ustedes quieren ser partidarios de asno falsos.
Old 07-18-2007, 02:20 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
let it grow!

all i can do is offer a hug, chiy. k
Old 07-18-2007, 02:22 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

I'm sorry you are struggling so much right now chi. I agree that some of the responses here were a bit harsh and unnecessary. Please take care of yourself. Hopefully you'll be back one day.

hugs
Old 07-18-2007, 02:23 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
We don't shoot our wounded in recovery, chiy, and we'll always be here if you decide to come back.
Old 07-18-2007, 02:31 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Well. I hope that made you feel better.

Stop posting for a while and get some f2f help. Then come back. We will be here.
95% of all posts to you were said with love.
I'm insulted by what you have said, and hope to God it's the xanax talking.
I'm struggling in a big way myself. Just because I have some sober time doesn't mean I don't get depressed or that life is all roses. Never once did I look down my nose at you. I'm just another addict.
You insulted many good people here who actually love you and care about you. You don't treat people that way.
You think you'll find something better, elsewhere? Better people? I doubt it.
But good luck.

I'm done.
Old 07-18-2007, 02:38 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

((((Chi)))))
Old 07-18-2007, 03:03 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
believer

Te amo y tengo piena de que te bas....para mi eres una persona de valor...espiero que pongas tu salud en primero lugar....

p.s: i still remember what you said to me on the first day i came to SR....it helped me a lot....

Last edited by Alive; 07-18-2007 at 03:25 PM.
Old 07-18-2007, 03:21 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

My point Chiy, is that you are running around trying to use YOUR MIND to figure out what's wrong with YOUR MIND.

IT DOESN'T WORK THAT WAY GIRLFRIEND.

I'm not ignoring what you've scheduled as your check-in date or trying to tell you to change it. BUT ... in the meantime ... just STOP trying to figure it all out, okay? YOU cannot. It's impossible. Your questions will be answered when you check in, get clean, and rebuild your health. ALL WILL BECOME CLEAR THEN. Before then ... NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.
Old 07-18-2007, 03:22 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
let it grow!

god, grant me the serenity.......................
Old 07-18-2007, 03:39 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

... and the wisdom to know the difference!

Thanks for the reminder PR!
Old 07-18-2007, 03:44 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by chiynita View Post
This will be my final post here. And none of you are going to like it.
First up

Just another post to get more attention.. You're seriously corrupting this board. I can't remember a single person on here in the last 3 years that caused these negative comments.

Please hang around and just read for a while. You'll find that some people on here are very knowlegable about things and can give some great insight into addiction.

Not trying to cheap shot you either but since you took the time to respond to my post I'll say this.. if you rub people the wrong way on a message board I seriously wonder how you do in real life..

take care..
Old 07-18-2007, 03:54 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Chiy,

There is not a person here or anywhere that is going to become between me and my sobriety. I need this great place of support...In the past my toes were stepped on once and you know what? I responded with honesty and kindness...Things worked themselves out.

Bottom line, just like in living life we can't be liked by everyone nor do I like everyone BUT I do try to use tact and common sense when dealing with these people.

Your not really sober yet. Zanax is a mind altering substance. If anything you could be more sensitive because you are not sober yet.

As Rowan said 95% of the post have been informative and kind towards you...Why don't you take that and run with it into recovery...???

Are you just going to give up????

People do care about you, I for one...
Love and peace
Old 07-18-2007, 04:22 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

I am reminded of what my sponsor said to me when I was struggling recently, 'Kevin, your still in early recovery and are still sick. Be good to yourself and remember that those around you may also be sick and in need of your compassion"

I will try to act like this just for today.

with Love Kevin
Old 07-18-2007, 04:52 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

"God grant us the serenity to accept the things we cannot change. Many times - yesterday, last week, today, and even tomorrow - we'll come face-to-face with a seemingly intolerable situation. The compulsion to change the situation, to demand that another person change the situation, is great. What a hard lesson it is, to learn we can change only ourselves! The hidden gift in this lesson is that as our activities change, often the intolerable situations do, too.

Acceptance, after a time, smoothes all the ripples that discourage us. And it softens us. It nurtures wisdom. It attracts joy and love from others. Ironically, we often try to force changes that we think will "loosen" love and lessen struggle. Acceptance can do what our willpower could never accomplish.

As we grow in wisdom, as we grow in understanding, as we realize the promises of this program, we'll stand ready, as women (and men), to weather all our personal storms. Like the willow in the wind, we'll bend rather than break. And we'll be able to help our (brothers and) sisters become wise through our example.

My lessons are not easy. But they will ease my way. Better days begin, today."

From Each Day a New Beginning: Daily Meditations for Women by Karen Casey © 1982, 1991 by Hazelden Foundation.
Old 07-18-2007, 05:04 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Chiy...I have only now just begun to get caught up with what's going on with you. I think if you have to start as many threads as you need to... do it. You haven't driven me away by your posts. Don't stop asking for help... one day something will click for you and it will make sense. PM me anytime if you want .