Notices

screwed up a little

Old 07-06-2007, 12:11 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Misscat if you dont have a problem in social situations then you shoukld try to experience them sober. If you end up drugging when you drink then drinking is no longer an option. For me drinking and partying has long lost its attraction. IMO Once you have any doubt about whether or not to use it is safe to say it is time to stop.
Moderation doesnt work for some of us and I dont think it is wise to test yourself.
I tried hanging with different people, but in the end it didnt matter what they did what mattered most is what I did.
When I hear you addressing boredom it really hits home. If you are bored there are many other things you can be doing besides partying. Im not going to get into my war stories, but I hope you give sobriety a chance before you decide life is boring without using. Before you know it using out of boredom can lead you into more trouble than it is worth. you are better off being bored.
Old 07-06-2007, 12:26 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

When alcohol or drug use is habitual ..and historically habitual...I think it is almost impossible to say "I am comfortable in social situations for the most part". How could you possibly know? It is been my experience that it is only in enduring sobriety that I can actually figure or conclude anything based on experience. As a drunk... sure there were occasions when not drinking that I was fine...BUT drinking was part of my entire persona whether I was drinking or not. It's hard to explain... when not drinking...the promise...the availabilty was always there. It is enduring without the possibility..the escape hatch...the instant gratification when necessary....THAT'S when you START to know what you are really dealing with here.