Notices

I wan to use!!!

Old 07-03-2007, 03:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

I wan to use!!!

I was doing really good. As you saw in my mind over matter post. Myabe it was too
good to be true.
Yesterday really took a drain on me. And YES..I am still pissed.
That is my dad. How dare that lady come poking her finger in his face like that.
I am not as mad. But now because i let it get the best of me. I want nothing more than to go get high. That would letting her win and i would be backsliding and lose everything I have worked so hard to get so far.
It would be a dam shame to let that all go over that stupid bitch.
But my anger is still consuming me. I just cant let it go.
Someone please talk me down.
I dont want to lose my 45 days.
Old 07-03-2007, 03:42 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

chiy, please do not let what you worked so hard to get go...

anger, the addicts/alky's worst nightmare... anger turns to huge resentments, then rage... whats the next stop... we use...

when all else fails... go help another drunk...! it gets us out of self...

pray'n for ya chiy... hey, maybe go youtube it, some good La'Musica might help...

(((chiy)))

all good wishes chiy...

xxoo, rz
Old 07-03-2007, 03:44 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Chiy,

Wait. Stay here. Don't do anything else. Keep posting ok?

Your only job right now is to not use today. If that is too hard, just wait an hour. Hang on hun. Don't use. Remember last time? It will not help. It will make everything much worse.

I pray that you will find some serenity soon.
Old 07-03-2007, 03:58 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Chiy,
Sit down...close your eyes and talk to God. For real go to a quiet place and do some self talk. Offer this anger up for your Dad and your love for him. Sounds crazy, maybe, but in your mind put it to some good use. Ask God and he will help you. I'll be asking for you too! Hope it gets better. Julie
Old 07-03-2007, 04:33 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

One thing that I have learned in recovery is when I am mad at anything the best thing for me to do is to write about it, which you are doing. Sharing is Caring. And we all care here about you. Like Pat said that Anger isn't good for us addicts. It takes too much energy for one thing

What I do myself is......

I write what is going on in my head, no matter what it is. Then I take the paper after writing it down and I crumble it up into as small of a ball as I can and then I throw it in what I call my God Box. That is action on my part to get rid of it and to turn it over to anything other than me. I am still not to sure about all that God stuff but I do know that there is something that is bigger than me GOD (Group OF DRUGGIES) that makes it easier for me to believe.

So if that helps, if not keep posting, keep writing, keep coming back and I am sending you a hug today!
Old 07-03-2007, 04:50 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hang in there. You are thinking right...do not let her win.
She all ready messed with your dad, don't let her mess with you.
Let's be thankful you didn't break her finger and go to jail for battery? LOL
Old 07-03-2007, 05:15 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Trish,

I'm so glad you posted and shared - huge growth! Please keep posting - get it out here. Don't give up. xoxox
Old 07-03-2007, 05:31 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

There's lots of good advice here Trish. I used to let situations like that consume me too. I think it's part of the obsession aspect of addiction. But, you'll be able to learn better ways to deal with your anger, that don't leave you frustrated and stressed. You'll get through this.
Old 07-03-2007, 05:32 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
let it grow!

chiynita? what's up? blessings, k
Old 07-03-2007, 05:46 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

(((Chiy)))
Old 07-03-2007, 05:50 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
believer

Hellooooo..keep us posted..but more than that keep yourself clean my friend!
Old 07-03-2007, 06:13 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

((((Chi))))

Hang in there Chi, the only person you would be hurting is yourself.
Old 07-03-2007, 07:19 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Mark B. - Teetotaler |R|

Originally Posted by chiynita View Post
But my anger is still consuming me. I just cant let it go.
Someone please talk me down.
I dont want to lose my 45 days.
Hello chiynita.

It isn't very often but I get angry, too. When I was fresh into Recovery the flood of emotions, especially anger, overwhelmed me. I didn't care at the time because for once I was feeling something. but the I became overwhelmed and some time later I began drinking again.

Alcohol and other drugs serves the purpose of providing a synthetic pleasure. It feels good and much better than those real emotions we have. But the we become dependent upon those substances expecting them to mute or drown out those bad emotions we don't want to deal with. And, more often than not, we suffer more from the chemical dependency than the bout of emotional turbulence itself.

If you're getting over-emotional stop for a second and ask yourself if that chemical fix will make life better or worse for you Today. And the key here is to think where that first fix leads to for all problems of chemical dependency stem from that first fix.

With that out of the way, focus upon why you're so emotional. Here, you're concerned about your dad being accosted by some lady. While it's good to care for others the first thing you have to focus upon is your own Recovery. He's the one who had to deal with the lady. You don't. And as hard it is when concerning other family members know that you're allowing that lady to affect you just as she's trying to affect your dad.

Don't give her that extra power. It's like handing an active drunk the keys to their vehicle: It only causes more harm. The best way you can serve as an example is to serve as an example of Recovery. Don't let her bother you and you'll see how very small she is.

I hope you do the right thing Today, chiynita. Above everything else, don't use Just For Today and you'll manage this and other situations with a clear head.

Yours in Recovery, Mark B.
Old 07-03-2007, 08:28 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hi Chy,

Please do not use. I did and wrecked my car , got arrested fro DUI, and spent a weekend in jail. This was my first time getting that deep into turmoil. It is not worth it...Forty-five days is awesome...

Thinking of you...
Old 07-03-2007, 08:38 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

You know Chi..............early in recovery I went to AA meetings. NOT for any 12 step program. I went for the FELLOWSHIP. To be with people who were going through or had gone through what I was going through.

Many was the late night meeting because someone has p*ssed me off royally, or the early morning meeting because I was still stewinig about it.

And yes I got phone numbers also, and I used those numbers, sometimes very late at night.

And you know what?........................there was always someone to help me GET PAST the drinking and using thoughts.

NOTHING at all to do with a 12 step program, or any program for that matter. Just PEOPLE, live, sober and clean PEOPLE. HUMAN CONTACT.

In these early days you might want to consider checking out the FELLOWSHIP, so you have another TOOL to help you on your road of Recovery.

J M H O

Love and hugs,
Old 07-03-2007, 09:17 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
let it grow!

where the heck are you, chiy? now i'm getting concerned...
Old 07-03-2007, 02:17 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

******{chiy}}}}
I have to get to work, but felt the need to post before I go.
I hope you havent let your anger get the best of you.
Dont let that b**** win. If you use she will have gotten the best of you.
I would really hate to see you lose your clean time.
I will be thinking of you tonight and you will be in my prayers.
I hope you are OK.
Please let us know how you are okay.
im gonna check back to SR when i get home and I hope you will have left some good news.
Hugs,
Beth
Old 07-03-2007, 04:41 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

hi Chiy, how you doing now?

Kevin
Old 07-03-2007, 05:02 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

OK Trish this is my codi side coming out! Are you OK? This isn't like you to not check in here since I posted early this morning. I am worried about you and am sending plenty of good thoughts your way.

GOD (Group Of Druggies) Help me to remember that nothing is going to happen to her today that YOU and her can't handle together. Sending hugs

(((((((((((((((((((((((((Trish))))))))))))))))))))
Old 07-03-2007, 07:23 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Still thinking of You Keep your head up honey.....

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))) )))))))))))))))